BFTG - Middlesbrough

155 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Middlesbrough

by Royal Rother » 28 Oct 2017 21:28

wingnut It’s just so fcuking boring watching us these days.

Same as last season.

1 kick away from the PL but I’d rather watch TTT and Branfoot teams than Stam’s any day.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Oct 2017 21:33

Agree we are boring to watch.

But I thought today's game was alright... I can't remember any spells where it was just passing sideways and at the back for any long periods.

In previous games it was passing back for no reason and just not going forwards. Today it did seem more high tempo and some fight from the team at least.

I still don't see what sacking Stam accomplishes. It just means we start from square one once again. He has potential and I'm willing to give him the time to learn and do his thing which I think he will do.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 28 Oct 2017 21:41

bobby1413 Agree we are boring to watch.

But I thought today's game was alright... I can't remember any spells where it was just passing sideways and at the back for any long periods.

In previous games it was passing back for no reason and just not going forwards. Today it did seem more high tempo and some fight from the team at least.

I still don't see what sacking Stam accomplishes. It just means we start from square one once again. He has potential and I'm willing to give him the time to learn and do his thing which I think he will do.

Starting from square one is starting to sound tempting, if Stam is still here in January and we are still down around
the relegation places he will walk anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2017 21:43

72 bus
bobby1413 Agree we are boring to watch.

Starting from square one is starting to sound tempting, if Stam is still here in January and we are still down around
the relegation places he will walk anyway.

Manager's almost never resign. They miss out on huge amounts of money if they do. So there's feck all chance of Stam walking.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2017 21:47

Bobby agree to an extent. I like Stam generally, he gave us an identity last year and he clearly has potential to be a good manager

But honestly, the job he has done this year has been awful from start to finish. I’m utterly confused how we could go from the tactical master plan of deservedly beating Fulham, who were absolutely flying, in the play offs last year, to the shambolic mess we had today

I’d like nothing more for him to turn it around, but every game that goes by like today makes that less and less likely to happen

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 28 Oct 2017 21:55

Royal Rother
wingnut It’s just so fcuking boring watching us these days.

Same as last season.

1 kick away from the PL but I’d rather watch TTT and Branfoot teams than Stam’s any day.

True.

We haven’t been an exciting/ entertaining side to watch since 2012 and then only for half a season.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Oct 2017 22:08

Hound Bobby agree to an extent. I like Stam generally, he gave us an identity last year and he clearly has potential to be a good manager

But honestly, the job he has done this year has been awful from start to finish. I’m utterly confused how we could go from the tactical master plan of deservedly beating Fulham, who were absolutely flying, in the play offs last year, to the shambolic mess we had today

I’d like nothing more for him to turn it around, but every game that goes by like today makes that less and less likely to happen

If you could guarantee safety this season ... would you give him the summer again to try to correct things and develop?

My problem is I'm sick of starting again. Sacking managers and then the whole "they never signed these players. He needs money to build his squad" and then 18 months later he's sacked half way though the season.

Football unfortunately and wrongly in my view doesn't allow for managers to correct mistakes over the medium term. Or to develop.

if Reading sack him I guarantee he will be snapped up by a PL club and go on to develop into a really solid PL manager whilst we continue to sack and replace every manager who doesn't inspire after 14 games of the season.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Oct 2017 22:14

No chance he’ll be snapped up to be a PL Manager.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Oct 2017 22:24

Royal Rother No chance he’ll be snapped up to be a PL Manager.

I think palace would have been interested had the timing been different, Leicester too... I think he would get offered a PL job

Or he will go to Leeds and get them promoted whilst we have another new manager and still finish 17th in 2018/2019 with fans wanting the new guy sacked.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Oct 2017 22:58

bobby1413
Royal Rother No chance he’ll be snapped up to be a PL Manager.

I think palace would have been interested had the timing been different, Leicester too... I think he would get offered a PL job

Or he will go to Leeds and get them promoted whilst we have another new manager and still finish 17th in 2018/2019 with fans wanting the new guy sacked.

Got to admire your optimism Bobby but really?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Oct 2017 23:09

Agree with Bobby to a certain extent, I`m far from happy with the ways things are going right now, but is sacking managers the way to go?
Stam gets the bullet, new man comes in, 6 months down the line things don`t improve and the fans are screaming for the next guy to be axed. it`s the way football is these days.
Sometimes you just need to try and ride it out and hope he can turn it around. Birmingham have been flying since they turned into a sacking club haven't they?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Oct 2017 23:26

double d Shower of shit and dreadful. Not one player came out of this looking good. For a legendary defender who walked into the best team man United have had, we cannot defend to save out lives. Worst manager we have had and this club is Now in full blown crisis! Sack stam immediately he is a burden to this club. We need an English manager to manage us. Steve Coppell will be spinning in his bed at the team at the moment. All the good work has been dissolved. Stam out now!!!! Sack the board!!! Bring back madjeski. I hope stam saw me sticking my middle finger up at him the tosser

Utter spastic.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Oct 2017 23:46

My opinion is, give him a chance to go with a near fully fit squad, obviously Obita is out for the season but providing we get no more injuries, we'll eventually get our players back, most before the January window I believe. If he can pull us away from the relegation zone then stick with but I would hold on and re-evaluate closer to the January window.

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 29 Oct 2017 00:04

double d Shower of shit and dreadful. Not one player came out of this looking good. For a legendary defender who walked into the best team man United have had, we cannot defend to save out lives. Worst manager we have had and this club is Now in full blown crisis! Sack stam immediately he is a burden to this club. We need an English manager to manage us. Steve Coppell will be spinning in his bed at the team at the moment. All the good work has been dissolved. Stam out now!!!! Sack the board!!! Bring back madjeski. I hope stam saw me sticking my middle finger up at him the tosser

Steve Clarke was worse.
Last edited by Caversham Royal on 29 Oct 2017 00:25, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Oct 2017 00:12

I now have an image of Steve Coppell lying on his bed uncontrollably spinning around

"Jane... JANE!! FCUKING HELP ME"

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Oct 2017 00:23

tidus_mi2 My opinion is, give him a chance to go with a near fully fit squad, obviously Obita is out for the season but providing we get no more injuries, we'll eventually get our players back, most before the January window I believe. If he can pull us away from the relegation zone then stick with but I would hold on and re-evaluate closer to the January window.

By January at this rate we really will be gone.

There is no indication we are going to improve - which players coming back from injury will improve a side that has absolutely no idea how to implement the managers instructions?

Yann? Maybe, but he has to get the ball and this team is utterly dysfunctional I'm actually now not sure he's going to help.

I honestly think we're fcuked.

cavillerarusticana

by cavillerarusticana » 29 Oct 2017 00:46

JS has to take responsibility and accept criticism, however, the likes of Brian Tevreden and those responsible for bringing in players cannot and should not evade any censure, just what does BT do to earn his crust? on the evidence of this seasons aquisitions, on his watch, Reading Football club has been seriously mugged off. Fulham must have laughed all the way to the bank for a start. Tyler Blackett an ex Manchester Utd protoge has all the grace agility and ability of a lumbering Rhino. The team have no awareness, no anticipation and would struggle to read a book let alone the game. Do we need directional arrows along the advertising hoardings to show them the direction they should be going in. Players have very privileged and extremely lucrative lifestyles these days playing football for a living, is it too much to ask that they actually turn up and try to win a game? There are far harder and less financially rewarding ways to earn a crust, ask the fans that pay out week in and week out about that.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 29 Oct 2017 02:06

Something I noticed today at least 4 times we had throw on's just insides the boro half. 3 touches later it's at the keepers feet? This was when we were one down and chasing the game. Are the players so brain washed into going backwards they can't take it upon themselves to go forward?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 29 Oct 2017 08:30

Jackson Corner Something I noticed today at least 4 times we had throw on's just insides the boro half. 3 touches later it's at the keepers feet? This was when we were one down and chasing the game. Are the players so brain washed into going backwards they can't take it upon themselves to go forward?

I agree that happens so many times. If you are 2-0 up then it makes sense. We constantly slow the game down but to what purpose??

I think our main problem is that the team has no balance. I get the feeling that VDB upsets the line of authority from the captain. You can have too many people trying to tell you what to do. Most great teams have a solid core. We don't have a decent left back. We don't have a midfield general (sorry VDB is not good enough). We don't have a ball winner that doesn't get booked all the time.. We don't have a striker. Apart from Popa who doesn't get a look in we don't have a winger that takes the full back on and crosses.Then of course we don't have a striker.We do have millions of creative players but really you only need one or two.

There seems to have been little planning

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 29 Oct 2017 09:24

Let's be honest, with a view to our performances at the moment, if we had no manager at all but someone said 'look lads, go out and play to your strengths and enjoy yourselves would we 1) get the same results i.e lose (but maybe by a larger margin) or maybe get the couple of wins against teams we really should have gained points against and 2) would the game be 100 times more entertaining?

I'm not a glory hunter, quite happy to be like Bristol where you might win, might not, but at least many of the games have cracking entertainment value.

Next Saturday, Derby away. Always good for crowd banter, it's a decent stadium at the twenty's plenty price, easy parking and usually a match where it can go either way and has reasonable entertainment value.
However, this season I just can not justify the time and expense to watch that method of football, with nothing learned or taken from any of the last games and how you know it's going to be played out. Would you go to the cinema to watch a style of film you didn't like every weekend? ( and I don't mean Reading fc- I do mean the style)

155 posts