Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by first half away goal search

by marlowuk » 04 Nov 2017 16:28

It's been enjoyable following this match on the Derby fans forum!! :P

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2017 16:29

Melton Royal
Hound Interesting to see the Forest side we beat very comfortably are 4-0 up today as well

Basically we’ve ripped apart 2 in form teams in the space of 5 days

I love living in the East Mids when this happens - so many people I know to give grief to :lol: :lol:

Blimey. Beat Birmingham, Villa, Forest & Derby. Wolves and Burton must be shitting it. :?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Nov 2017 16:31

double d You lot are the most negative bunch of fans ever. Me and Bobby my best friend on here are the only ones being positive! And we have always been positive this season

Yes gr8 m8. I am not known for my positivity, but I do tend to back the manager more than others, especially those with a knee jerk reaction of sacking him so early on.

Not counting my chickens, but win/lose/draw I still maintain it's early days and we're building over the next 1-3 seasons.

CountryRoyal And THAT is why Blackett wasn't playing.

oxf*rd me he's shit.

I am fcking furious about this. Raging.

As I said on a recent thread, I never single a player out for negative performances, but watching him enrages me and seeing him once again get match time is a fcking joke. Anyone is better than this waste of space.

If he plays again for Reading in the first team then I will cut up my season ticket and send it back to the club demanding a refund*

(* I won't - but I will be jolly upset)

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 04 Nov 2017 16:32

Another great result. Let’s hope we’ve had our bad patch early this season and now we just push on.

Well played Jaap, well played team.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 Nov 2017 16:35

Blimey! If we do this every time I switch off the t'internet, I reckon I should take up gardening or something to guarantee RFC win week in week out!!

Just blimey!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Nov 2017 16:38

Stam Out! What a genius campaign that was. Still, the boycott of matches and the uplift in form might well be related. At least some felt he deserved a bit more time, loyalty and support.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Nov 2017 16:39

marlowuk It's been enjoyable following this match on the Derby fans forum!! :P

Link please? Doubtless they've been blaming their injury 'crisis' and absence of a key striker! :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Nov 2017 16:41

bobby1413
double d You lot are the most negative bunch of fans ever. Me and Bobby my best friend on here are the only ones being positive! And we have always been positive this season

Yes gr8 m8. I am not known for my positivity, but I do tend to back the manager more than others, especially those with a knee jerk reaction of sacking him so early on.

Not counting my chickens, but win/lose/draw I still maintain it's early days and we're building over the next 1-3 seasons.

oxf*rd me he's shit.

As I said on a recent thread, I never single a player out for negative performances, but watching him enrages me and seeing him once again get match time is a fcking joke. Anyone is better than this waste of space.

If he plays again for Reading in the first team then I will cut up my season ticket and send it back to the club demanding a refund*

Blackett is a talented young player but for me he is a left sided central defender and should never be near a left back role. At the moment he is suffering badly from a loss of form which is really highlighting his shortcomings and it won't help him by getting on his back especially as in several games he's not been the only culprit making iffy decisions on the pitch.
Last edited by Sutekh on 04 Nov 2017 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 04 Nov 2017 16:42

RoyalBlue

Link please? Doubtless they've been blaming their injury 'crisis' and absence of a key striker! :lol:

The match itself starts around here but there are really confident noises on the previous pages of course!!
https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/27558-derby-c ... ng/?page=8

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 04 Nov 2017 16:43

TBF if you had followed Derby over their past 6 games, they haven’t played that well but they got the results. Derby fans saying as much so. With our recent form a Reading win wasn’t out of the question today. I didn’t expect us to put 4 away though.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Nov 2017 16:52

oxf*rd me he's shit.

That was not his fault ... he did a completely decent backpass to the keeper who then passed it to their striker.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Nov 2017 16:52

That's 7 wins in our last 11 trips to Pride Park and the 4th time in those 11 games we've scored 3 or more.

Today's result was not entirely surprising.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 04 Nov 2017 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Nov 2017 16:54

I've actually not invested as much energy in the last 2 games. I would say long may that continue but i'm going to the Wolves game so that might be quite difficult! That will be my first non-Wembley game under Stam :oops: but not for lack of interest, often its seemed to be circumstance.

Anyway, I thought last season that the first 15 mins away from home were key, and it certainly was today. That Burton game I remember we got off to a great start as well.

Still in shock atm though!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Nov 2017 16:56

marlowuk
RoyalBlue

The match itself starts around here but there are really confident noises on the previous pages of course!!
https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/27558-derby-c ... ng/?page=8

"I really don't rate Pearce, he can't mark set pieces and has zero pace or agility" - they've figured it out. Love the forth goal Pearce with his arm up claiming off-side for what is 100% not offside.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Nov 2017 16:59

We did warn them but they thought it was sour grapes.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 04 Nov 2017 17:38

Pearce had a good spell under Rowett last season I believe.

Also for those who didn't know Nick Blackman is on loan at Maccabi Tel Aviv.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Nov 2017 18:26

Royalwaster

oxf*rd me he's shit.

That was not his fault ... he did a completely decent backpass to the keeper who then passed it to their striker.

That was their first, I'm talking about the second.
He was 100% at fault for their second. Gave the ball away cheaply on the touchline just outside our box and then they crossed it and scored.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Nov 2017 18:35

CountryRoyal
Royalwaster

oxf*rd me he's shit.

That was their first, I'm talking about the second.
He was 100% at fault for their second. Gave the ball away cheaply on the touchline just outside our box and then they crossed it and scored.

I personally blame Moore for that goal. He should have played the whistle and not stay lying on the pitch for 40 seconds moaning.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Nov 2017 18:46

Sutekh
bobby1413

oxf*rd me he's shit.

Blackett is a talented young player but for me he is a left sided central defender and should never be near a left back role. At the moment he is suffering badly from a loss of form which is really highlighting his shortcomings and it won't help him by getting on his back especially as in several games he's not been the only culprit making iffy decisions on the pitch.

Saved me saying it

Exactly this. Most observers would agree he should not play left back, but play him in a back three and he looks classy. To single him out as a useless footballer in this way is bizarre

200 posts