Reading FC Womens World

1848 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by Hound » 03 Aug 2022 07:54

Is it still a tenner to park there on match day? If so yes, that needs to change. More expensive than the ticket to watch isn’t it?

Agree on free tickets - I think they do it sometimes but getting schools and local football clubs along would be a good initiative

Hoping to get along to a couple of games this year if I can

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Aug 2022 10:55

Hound Is it still a tenner to park there on match day? If so yes, that needs to change. More expensive than the ticket to watch isn’t it?

Agree on free tickets - I think they do it sometimes but getting schools and local football clubs along would be a good initiative

It's free to park for U23 games right?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Aug 2022 12:49

Am seriously thinking about buying a season ticket. I loved the Euro’s and the quality of the football was so good. I’d also be happy to see Weigman as our next manager if Ince fails miserably. Surely it’s only a matter of time before a woman manages a side in the EFL and then who knows the Premiership.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2022 16:20

Jackson Corner Record season ticket sales for our womens team. 12 so far. I am kidding of course but if there is not an improved interest now then we may as well give up. The £10 parking is a A real turn off as there is no bus service to games.
I would like to see local girls teams given free tickets.

From something I was involved in a while ago I don’t think free tickets are necessarily a good idea. You give out loads and a huge % don’t get used.
If you make a minimal charge then those who buy them see it was a commitment and come to the game.
Doing something like local clubs get tickets for £2 each if they bring 10 people and 2 adults get in free mightvwork better and clubs could also use it as a recruiting tool.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Aug 2022 17:04

Nameless
Jackson Corner Record season ticket sales for our womens team. 12 so far. I am kidding of course but if there is not an improved interest now then we may as well give up. The £10 parking is a A real turn off as there is no bus service to games.
I would like to see local girls teams given free tickets.

From something I was involved in a while ago I don’t think free tickets are necessarily a good idea. You give out loads and a huge % don’t get used.
If you make a minimal charge then those who buy them see it was a commitment and come to the game.

That's been my experience too (outside of sport) and is also evidenced by large numbers of empty seats at events when free tickets have been given out (very annoying to those who might have wanted to attend that event).

We used to charge for tickets but commit to a refund or some other form of credit (e.g. free drinks) if and when those ticketholders turned up to the event.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Aug 2022 12:05

Royals have signed NI goalkeeper Jacqueline Burns.
Chloe Peplow joins Crystal Palace on a season long loan deal.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 05 Aug 2022 12:53

Hound Is it still a tenner to park there on match day? If so yes, that needs to change. More expensive than the ticket to watch isn’t it?

I was shocked to find out that was what they were charging. Another disincentive for those who would drive to games due to their location and are already facing sky high petrol/diesel prices. It was just £2 to park at Wycombe.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 05 Aug 2022 12:55

blythspartan Am seriously thinking about buying a season ticket. I loved the Euro’s and the quality of the football was so good. I’d also be happy to see Weigman as our next manager if Ince fails miserably. Surely it’s only a matter of time before a woman manages a side in the EFL and then who knows the Premiership.

Quite a few people are talking about Emma Hayes being that pioneer.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Aug 2022 14:27

Another NI signing today, Lauren Wade a winger.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Aug 2022 15:51

3rd signing of the day Charlie Welling from Celtic where she scored 40 goals in 34 appearances

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 05 Aug 2022 19:04

It seems we may now be following the Coppell model (probably due to the lack of funds to enable us to compete with the 'big girls' in WSL1 for top class established players) and looking to recruit good young prospects from other leagues/countries. A Doyle and Long would do very nicely thank you!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Aug 2022 10:02

Have to admit i missed this announcement a couple of days ago that we have re- signed Becky Jane a fullback. Now 30 she left and joined Liverpool in 2019.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Aug 2022 15:05

1-0 at Bristol City to the Royals- Wade on her debut.
now in 2nd half 1-1
F-T Bristol City 2 Royals 1
Moloney (GK), Bryson, Meadows-Tosun, Cooper (Baigent 77’), Evans, Woodham (Cox 67’), Vanhaevermaet (Primmer 45’), Rowe (Wozniak 80’), Eikeland, Wade, Wellings (Jane 45’)

Unused Subs: Annets (GK), Rasmussen, Brame

Scorers: Wade (35’)

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 09 Aug 2022 16:57

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2 ... oup-stage/

Tottenham, Southampton, Reading and Coventry United are in Southern Section - Group E of the FA Women's Continental Tyres League Cup.

The group stage will run from 1-2 October through to 17-18 December, with the quarter-finals scheduled for 25-26 January, the semi-finals 8-9 February, and the Final on the weekend of 4-5 March.

hobbitx007

by hobbitx007 » 09 Aug 2022 22:44

RoyalBlue It seems we may now be following the Coppell model (probably due to the lack of funds to enable us to compete with the 'big girls' in WSL1 for top class established players) and looking to recruit good young prospects from other leagues/countries. A Doyle and Long would do very nicely thank you!

I assume that the Women's Team is not under the same transfer embargo as the men's team due to the different organisations (EFL v WSL) so it should be a great opportunity for Reading FC to pump money into a growing area of the club. It is clear that the "big" teams are investing in their respective women's teams. Some of these teams have not been existence for very long. Manchester United latest women's team were only formed in 2018 and is a good example of this.

Noted that Aston Villa Women's team just signed England left back Rachel Daly so they are clearly looking ahead.
Liverpool women have been promoted to the WSL and this makes us the only non premier league team (from men's game) in the league and without serious backing and support from the club our women's team will start to struggle to keep up with.

If the club are currently unable to spend millions in the transfer market then they should be in a useful position to invest some additional funds into the women's game.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 10 Aug 2022 19:29

hobbitx007
RoyalBlue It seems we may now be following the Coppell model (probably due to the lack of funds to enable us to compete with the 'big girls' in WSL1 for top class established players) and looking to recruit good young prospects from other leagues/countries. A Doyle and Long would do very nicely thank you!

I assume that the Women's Team is not under the same transfer embargo as the men's team due to the different organisations (EFL v WSL) so it should be a great opportunity for Reading FC to pump money into a growing area of the club. It is clear that the "big" teams are investing in their respective women's teams. Some of these teams have not been existence for very long. Manchester United latest women's team were only formed in 2018 and is a good example of this.

Noted that Aston Villa Women's team just signed England left back Rachel Daly so they are clearly looking ahead.
Liverpool women have been promoted to the WSL and this makes us the only non premier league team (from men's game) in the league and without serious backing and support from the club our women's team will start to struggle to keep up with.

If the club are currently unable to spend millions in the transfer market then they should be in a useful position to invest some additional funds into the women's game.

You may be right but I wouldn't be surprised if the EFL are looking at total footballing expenditure and not excluding the women's set up. It would be difficult to split out some of the costs where resources/facilities are shared.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 11 Aug 2022 14:20

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/a ... caldwell-/

Reading FC Women are pleased to announce the signing of defender Diane Caldwell after her contract with Manchester United expired.

The 33-year-old, Republic of Ireland international, joins up with Kelly Chambers’ squad ahead of the new season

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Aug 2022 17:50

morganb https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/11/from-red-devils-to-royals---diane-caldwell-/

Reading FC Women are pleased to announce the signing of defender Diane Caldwell after her contract with Manchester United expired.

The 33-year-old, Republic of Ireland international, joins up with Kelly Chambers’ squad ahead of the new season

Looks like Man U signed her on a short-term contract at the end of January this year, presumably to cover other player absences but she played for them 6 times so they must have rated her reasonably highly.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Aug 2022 19:28

RoyalBlue
hobbitx007

You may be right but I wouldn't be surprised if the EFL are looking at total footballing expenditure and not excluding the women's set up. It would be difficult to split out some of the costs where resources/facilities are shared.

The cost of running the women’s team has always been excluded from the FFP calculations. As has infrastructure costs.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Aug 2022 21:52

Getreading to cover all games live like they do with the mens team

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... t-24745837

1848 posts