Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by kwik-silva » 06 Mar 2023 09:59

Kitsondinho
kwik-silva I feel like I come away from WSL matches thinking that we never quite live up to how we could play, but we're at the point in the season where as long as we keep picking up points I won't mind too much!

We have a good squad, but we really miss Rose going forward. Her pace and trickery have been sorely lacking this season. That and the fact we’ve shipped goals for fun at times has made it tough going. Last few games the defence has looked much better. Mayi Kith has looked rock solid in defence in last two games. A quality signing!

I think we do miss Rose, but even with her I think we would struggle to execute the gameplan. The number of times Vanhaevermaet would get further forward when the defence had the ball, only to never be picked out. Runs from Harries and Wellings are never found. We're far too easy to defend because we never attempt to stretch the play, inevitably end up playing it forward (normally toward the wrong player) and have to start all over. Troelsgaard has been the one this season to consistently try turning the defence, but then she's also been playing up front for half of it which is a tough gig.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Mar 2023 10:14

kwik-silva
Kitsondinho
kwik-silva I feel like I come away from WSL matches thinking that we never quite live up to how we could play, but we're at the point in the season where as long as we keep picking up points I won't mind too much!

We have a good squad, but we really miss Rose going forward. Her pace and trickery have been sorely lacking this season. That and the fact we’ve shipped goals for fun at times has made it tough going. Last few games the defence has looked much better. Mayi Kith has looked rock solid in defence in last two games. A quality signing!

I think we do miss Rose, but even with her I think we would struggle to execute the gameplan. The number of times Vanhaevermaet would get further forward when the defence had the ball, only to never be picked out. Runs from Harries and Wellings are never found. We're far too easy to defend because we never attempt to stretch the play, inevitably end up playing it forward (normally toward the wrong player) and have to start all over. Troelsgaard has been the one this season to consistently try turning the defence, but then she's also been playing up front for half of it which is a tough gig.

We seem to play far better when Harries goes off- she seems to have gone backwards- maybe the knee injury has taken it’s toll. I wouldn’t start her if i was picking the team.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 06 Mar 2023 10:42

Royals and Racers
kwik-silva
Kitsondinho We have a good squad, but we really miss Rose going forward. Her pace and trickery have been sorely lacking this season. That and the fact we’ve shipped goals for fun at times has made it tough going. Last few games the defence has looked much better. Mayi Kith has looked rock solid in defence in last two games. A quality signing!

We seem to play far better when Harries goes off- she seems to have gone backwards- maybe the knee injury has taken it’s toll. I wouldn’t start her if i was picking the team.

I think that's where Rose would help, I don't think Harries is ready yet to be the main attacking outlet, but seems a lot better suited to being a sort of secondary threat (and it does seem like that injury is still plaguing her)

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 06 Mar 2023 10:48

kwik-silva
Royals and Racers
kwik-silva

I think that's where Rose would help, I don't think Harries is ready yet to be the main attacking outlet, but seems a lot better suited to being a sort of secondary threat (and it does seem like that injury is still plaguing her)

Yesterday was the first game since her return that her knee wasn’t heavily strapped. She looked sharper, had a few really good touches, including a lovely back heel pass to Rowe in front of the dug out…but she still wasn’t as mobile/dangerous as pre-injury. I wonder if we won’t see that level of performance again until next season.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Mar 2023 11:28

are there any hospitality packages for women's games? I see they are running a mothers day special but that appears to be a one-off. I'd like to take my daughter to a game and do hospitality but it is too expensive for the men's game, can't see anything on the website offering hospitality for women's though

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Mar 2023 20:47

Brighton’s manager Jens Scheuer has left the club after only 2 months in charge.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Mar 2023 22:20

1125 at the SCL yesterday

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 06 Mar 2023 22:30

Royals and Racers 1125 at the SCL yesterday

Another 4 figure crowd is good news…obviously we’ll get more for the Chelseas, Arsenals, United etc…but the numbers are steadily trending upwards for the ‘less popular’ teams.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Mar 2023 22:30

kwik-silva
Royals and Racers Moloney
Bryson
Mukandi
Evans
Wellings
Eikeland
Harries
Mayikith
Moore
Rowe
Vanhaevermaet
SUBS
Burns
Wade
Hendrix
Caldwell
Meadows
Tuson
Troelsgaard

Meadows-Tuson is one player :D

Camilla Parker-Bowles we call her.

Not to her face.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 07 Mar 2023 15:50

Kitsondinho

Another 4 figure crowd is good news…obviously we’ll get more for the Chelseas, Arsenals, United etc…but the numbers are steadily trending upwards for the ‘less popular’ teams.

Would be nice if there was any cross-promotion between teams at all. Doesn't feel like the club is a cohesive unit, still very much two distinct entities.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 07 Mar 2023 18:02

kwik-silva
Kitsondinho

Would be nice if there was any cross-promotion between teams at all. Doesn't feel like the club is a cohesive unit, still very much two distinct entities.

To be fair to the club, we are one of the better WSL sides for that. Some of our Women’s players feature in kit launches, in advertising at the club shop and on the website. They share training facilities. They play at our stadium. Not saying it couldn’t be a million times better, but it isn’t the worst!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Mar 2023 18:17

Kitsondinho
kwik-silva
Kitsondinho Another 4 figure crowd is good news…obviously we’ll get more for the Chelseas, Arsenals, United etc…but the numbers are steadily trending upwards for the ‘less popular’ teams.

To be fair to the club, we are one of the better WSL sides for that. Some of our Women’s players feature in kit launches, in advertising at the club shop and on the website. They share training facilities. They play at our stadium. Not saying it couldn’t be a million times better, but it isn’t the worst!

And the media chap who covers the Women`s team does an excellent job( far better than they cover the Men`s academy)

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Mar 2023 06:24

Royals and Racers Table tonight
8th Liverpool P 13 points 11 -12
9th Reading P 14 points 10 -14
10th Tottenham P 13 points 9 -11
11th Brighton P 12 points 8 -27
12th Leicester P 13 points 6 -25

Next up a week today is a visit to Boreham Wood to play the Conti Cup winners Arsenal in a WSL match live on SKY Sports KO 6.45pm.
other matches over the next 7 days include
Wednesday
Chelsea v Brighton
Arsenal v Liverpool
Sunday
Brighton v Man city
Liverpool v Tottenham
leicester v Everton

Table edited to include last night’s games

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 09 Mar 2023 11:21

Kitsondinho
kwik-silva
Kitsondinho Another 4 figure crowd is good news…obviously we’ll get more for the Chelseas, Arsenals, United etc…but the numbers are steadily trending upwards for the ‘less popular’ teams.

I agree that there's obviously good things and as a club we're amongst the better ones for sure, but in terms of promotion I think there's far more you could do. I think you could go to every game at the SCL this season for the men's team and not realise there was a women's team. Part of that is the club's decision to remove the programme costing them, but I think there's much more you could do. I find the segregation of the social media accounts to be a bit strange. Reading Academy and Reading Men's accounts have a lot of overlap, there's very little between those and the women. How hard would it have been to RT Rowe's goal from the weekend etc. Or at half time promote the women's games a bit more than they do.

Royals and Racers
Kitsondinho
kwik-silva

And the media chap who covers the Women`s team does an excellent job( far better than they cover the Men`s academy)

Agreed, though I would love it if they could put the team sheet in an order that isn't squad number :lol:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 Mar 2023 17:45

Moloney
Bryson
Mukandi
Evans
Wellings
Eikeland
Harries
Mayikith
Moore
Rowe
Vanhaevermaet
SUBS
Burns
Wade
Hendrix
Caldwell
Jane
Woodham
Troelsgaard

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 12 Mar 2023 17:51

Is Alexander injured?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 Mar 2023 17:55

kwik-silva Is Alexander injured?

Yes- should be back in a week or 2

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 12 Mar 2023 17:56

Royals and Racers

Thanks! Assumed she must be but must have missed where they spoke about it!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 Mar 2023 18:02

kwik-silva
Royals and Racers

Thanks! Assumed she must be but must have missed where they spoke about it!

Of course they didn`t !! - my mate bumped in to her in the hotel before the West Ham game and asked her.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 12 Mar 2023 18:13

Huge chance to move ourselves further towards safety after the results today…obviously I expect us to lose, but if we play like we did against them earlier in the season, we have a chance.

1862 posts