Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 Jan 2023 18:43

Royals and Racers Big WSL match next for the Royals this Sunday (22nd) home to Man Utd at the SCL Stadium KO 2pm. over 4500 tickets now sold. The match is live on the FA player

I expect the Surrey Reds have bought up the tickets

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 21 Jan 2023 10:47

Mid Sussex Royal
Royals and Racers Big WSL match next for the Royals this Sunday (22nd) home to Man Utd at the SCL Stadium KO 2pm. over 4500 tickets now sold. The match is live on the FA player

I expect the Surrey Reds have bought up the tickets

Crept up over 5000 now.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Jan 2023 13:03

Burns
Mukandi
Evans
Wellings
Eikeland
Harries
Caldwell
Rowe
Vanhaevermaet
Woodham
Troelsgaard
SUBS
Maloney
Poulter
Bryson
Dowie
Wade
Jane
Primmer

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Jan 2023 14:52

H-T 0-0 Royals playing well although it needed a wonderful penalty save on 40 mins by Burns to keep it goalless.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Jan 2023 15:48

5108 the record attendance.
Reading 0 Man Utd 1 87 mins
F-T 0-1
Really harsh on the Royals who i thought played really well. If they play like that for the rest of the season we should be ok.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2023 16:06

Nice to see the attendance. Could have done with the point though

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 22 Jan 2023 16:14

Royals and Racers 5108 the record attendance.
Reading 0 Man Utd 1 87 mins
F-T 0-1
Really harsh on the Royals who i thought played really well. If they play like that for the rest of the season we should be ok.

We keep playing like this though. Same against Arsenal, Chelsea…even up at Everton last week…played well but can’t get a result. Bottom of the table doesn’t look great with the games in hand. If Leicester continue their upturn in form, we’ll be in trouble.

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 22 Jan 2023 17:23

Didn't know anyone cared

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jan 2023 17:39

Why wouldn't anyone care?

The only non ‘Premier backed’ club in the top flight, and it’s Reading FC too.

Not been myself, I don’t care enough….but I care enough to keep track of what’s going on, and I do know of plenty that do attend.

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 22 Jan 2023 18:00

It was a bit of a crass comment I made.
Only 2 WPL games played today, others either postponed due to a frozen pitch or abandoned for the same.
Statements being made like if you want to take the women's game seriously, undersoil heating needs to be installed and Chelsea did everything they could to get the game played.
How about these clubs taking their women's game seriously by letting them use their men's stadia, credit to RFC, we do.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jan 2023 18:04

Fair…they do mostly tend to play at non-league stadia

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 22 Jan 2023 18:09

AthleticoSpizz Why wouldn't anyone care?

The only non ‘Premier backed’ club in the top flight, and it’s a Reading FC thing.

Not been myself, I don’t care enough….but I care enough to keep track of what’s going on, and I do know of plenty that do attend.

Agreed.

I've only been to a couple of games, only know a handful of the players but always keep an eye on scores/Twitter reports as they are a little ol' Reading team.

(Guess it is like saying who cares about the under 21s, again I have only been to a few of their matches but probably know a few more of their players).

Noticed that some games were called off today and said at the time that Reading are lucky to now be playing at the SCL. Where Chelsea play is a real non-League ground so no surprise game was off.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jan 2023 18:29

morganb

The only non ‘Premier backed’ club in the top flight, and it’s a Reading FC thing.

Agreed.

I've only been to a couple of games, only know a handful of the players but always keep an eye on scores/Twitter reports as they are a little ol' Reading team.

(Guess it is like saying who cares about the under 21s, again I have only been to a few of their matches but probably know a few more of their players).

Noticed that some games were called off today and said at the time that Reading are lucky to now be playing at the SCL. Where Chelsea play is a real non-League ground so no surprise game was off.

Kingstonian (as was) is a decent little ground and Chelsea now own it I believe. It's disgraceful IMO that they can splash as much money around as they like on players but don't have to take adequate measures to ensure their matches aren't called off due to frozen pitches. Hopefully they will be taken to task by the WSL over this. Judging from social media, even their own players were mightily pissed off about the situation.

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 22 Jan 2023 18:33

So why can't they play at Stamford bridge?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Jan 2023 18:48

RoyalBlue
morganb

Agreed.

Kingstonian (as was) is a decent little ground and Chelsea now own it I believe. It's disgraceful IMO that they can splash as much money around as they like on players but don't have to take adequate measures to ensure their matches aren't called off due to frozen pitches. Hopefully they will be taken to task by the WSL over this. Judging from social media, even their own players were mightily pissed off about the situation.

Brighton v Arsenal at Crawley tonight postponed. They even put a dome up in conjunction with the WSL all to no avail.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 22 Jan 2023 21:20

Hound Nice to see the attendance. Could have done with the point though

Pictures in the Guardian don't show a single fan! And the report calls it Madejski Stadium throughout.

Which stands were open for this?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Jan 2023 21:46

Fox Talbot
Hound Nice to see the attendance. Could have done with the point though

Pictures in the Guardian don't show a single fan! And the report calls it Madejski Stadium throughout.

Which stands were open for this?

Just the East stand as always for WSL games

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Jan 2023 12:14

MR.CYNICAL So why can't they play at Stamford bridge?

They are clearly not worthy (enough) in the eyes of those in charge at the mother club.

Not only were their own players quite outspoken about the poor conditions/treatment but Emma Hayes also stated that thy needed to get undersoil heating at Kingston.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Jan 2023 12:16

Royals and Racers
RoyalBlue
morganb
Agreed.

Brighton v Arsenal at Crawley tonight postponed. They even put a dome up in conjunction with the WSL all to no avail.

Could've been a pretty futile move if they didn't do that a number of days ago before the freeze set in.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 24 Jan 2023 11:24

RoyalBlue
MR.CYNICAL So why can't they play at Stamford bridge?

They are clearly not worthy (enough) in the eyes of those in charge at the mother club.

Not only were their own players quite outspoken about the poor conditions/treatment but Emma Hayes also stated that thy needed to get undersoil heating at Kingston.

AFC Wimbledon used to play at Kingstonian's ground before they moved back to Plough Lane (I recall us playing a pre-season friendly there a number of Years ago....) Having a game between 2 of the top teams in the richest Women's League in the World, and being shown live on TV, getting abandoned after just 7 minutes is an appalling look for the game...........

1862 posts