2-0 42 mins

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 May 2023 16:58

Royals and Racers Spurs 1 Reading 0 29 mins
2-0 42 mins
well……it’s been nice.

(we”ve already lost to Chelsea according to the Beeb)

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 20 May 2023 17:03

H-T 2-0
3-0 62 mins
4-0 76 mins
4-1 79 mins Vanhaevermaet
F-T 4-1 not relegated yet but if Leicester beat West Ham tomorrow it`s curtains !!!!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 May 2023 19:17

We seem to have a knack of failing to sack managers and letting eot set in until it's too late.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 20 May 2023 20:16

Some of those Spurs goals would not look out of place on a kids playground. So much for all the crap on the OS.
It’s our cup final, we are all in this together, we will fight to the end. I had enough of that bollocks with the mens team. I would rather they say we are shit and have no chance of staying up. I dread to think how many goals Chelsea will score next week. At least double figures hopefully the total and utter embarrassment and humiliation will bring to an end to this money wasting vanity project.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 May 2023 20:34

WTF? Reading fans never cease to amaze me.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 May 2023 20:46

Reading will 100% lose to Chelsea, they're down.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 May 2023 22:22

Jackson Corner Some of those Spurs goals would not look out of place on a kids playground. So much for all the crap on the OS.
It’s our cup final, we are all in this together, we will fight to the end. I had enough of that bollocks with the mens team. I would rather they say we are shit and have no chance of staying up. I dread to think how many goals Chelsea will score next week. At least double figures hopefully the total and utter embarrassment and humiliation will bring to an end to this money wasting vanity project.
vanity project? What a silly thing to say, a miracle to be hanging-in there that long.

You can relax now (the BBC say Chelsea have already won), it’s back to Reading ‘knowing its place’ status forthwith…..the “vanity project” is no more.

And

Yes the girlies have been crap this season, but that’s the difference between ‘Premier cash’ backed girlie teams and a cash-strapped backed girlie team from the Championship/L1

The £ imbalance in football (in general) has just been confirmed just that little bit further…..

boring aint it?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 May 2023 23:41

AthleticoSpizz
Jackson Corner Some of those Spurs goals would not look out of place on a kids playground. So much for all the crap on the OS.
vanity project? What a silly thing to say, a miracle to be hanging-in there that long.you can relax now (the BBC say Chelsea have already won), it’s back to Reading ‘knowing its place’ status forthwith…..the “vanity project” is no more.

And

Yes the girlies have been crap this season, but that’s the difference between Premier cash backed girlie teams and a cash-strapped backed team from the Championship/L1

The £ imbalance in football (in general) has just been confirmed that little bit further..

It does make you wonder what Reading's budget is compared to the other teams in the bottom half. The fact that Reading are the only team there without a premier league parent club is probably quite telling.

The championship is much more of a mixed bag, but with all these clubs, it usually about how much the parent club will subsidise the women.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 May 2023 23:46

tmesis
AthleticoSpizz
vanity project? What a silly thing to say, a miracle to be hanging-in there that long.you can relax now (the BBC say Chelsea have already won), it’s back to Reading ‘knowing its place’ status forthwith…..the “vanity project” is no more.

And

Yes the girlies have been crap this season, but that’s the difference between Premier cash backed girlie teams and a cash-strapped backed team from the Championship/L1

The £ imbalance in football (in general) has just been confirmed that little bit further..

It does make you wonder what Reading's budget is compared to the other teams in the bottom half. The fact that Reading are the only team there without a premier league parent club is probably quite telling.

The championship is much more of a mixed bag, but with all these clubs, it usually about how much the parent club will subsidise the women.
just look how quickly Man U wimmen have risen through the ranks to competing at the top table……nothing to do with money nor buying all the best players around?…..hell no :|

hobbitx007

by hobbitx007 » 21 May 2023 06:08

AthleticoSpizz
vanity project? What a silly thing to say, a miracle to be hanging-in there that long.

You can relax now (the BBC say Chelsea have already won), it’s back to Reading ‘knowing its place’ status forthwith…..the “vanity project” is no more.

And

Yes the girlies have been crap this season, but that’s the difference between ‘Premier cash’ backed girlie teams and a cash-strapped backed girlie team from the Championship/L1

The £ imbalance in football (in general) has just been confirmed just that little bit further…..

boring aint it?

As I understood it from a post earlier this season The "cash-strapped backed girlie team from the Championship/L1" quote you make is not true. The Mens team had financial constraints imposed on them but as far as I understood it the Womens team did not and I believe we missed a great opportunity to invest in this part of the club. Too late now but hopefully we can celebrate 2 promotions in the coming season(s).

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 21 May 2023 08:02

Bowen did say at the last fans forum that he had "had to apologise to Kelly" for supporting her enough because of the issues with the men's team. So, it sounds like it has been a tough job this season without much support from the club.

Also, don't use the term "Girlies", Spizz. They are adult women, not children.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 May 2023 09:31

Orion1871 Bowen did say at the last fans forum that he had "had to apologise to Kelly" for supporting her enough because of the issues with the men's team. So, it sounds like it has been a tough job this season without much support from the club.

Also, don't use the term "Girlies", Spizz. They are adult women, not children.

:roll: and out goes backing the boys!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 May 2023 09:35

A ‘term of endearment’ Orion, a term of endearment. :roll:

….and by far a nicer thing than what some of our own club employees refer to them as :arrow:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 May 2023 11:50

Whilst I make no apologies for my earlier rant. I of course realise that Reading cannot compete financially with the big 4 especially in the WSL. However both Brighton and Leicester who up until Christmas were below Reading and suffered some horrific thrashing’s. Both clubs changed managers and improved while we got worse, yesterday was a prime example we beat Spurs at the SCL yet yesterday they ran rings round us. And what has upset me most with the recent performances is we have not competed these women are professional it’s there job they train all week.
And whilst they may not match teams in terms of ability. Physically and mentally and with some sort of organisation they should at least make it harder for teams to beat us instead of being trounced every week.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 May 2023 16:23

The only hope for Reading at this point is if City beat United, thus Reading vs Chelsea is a dead rubber for Chelsea. That said, I'm not sure Reading can beat a Chelsea even in 1st gear.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 21 May 2023 17:08

FT Leicester 1 West Ham 2
It`s simples If Reading beat Chelsea and Leicester fail to win away at Brighton the Royals will stay up and Leicester relegated. :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 May 2023 20:35

No no no…the BBC says we have already lost to Chelsea.

C’mon girls

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 May 2023 20:58

tidus_mi2 The only hope for Reading at this point is if City beat United, thus Reading vs Chelsea is a dead rubber for Chelsea. That said, I'm not sure Reading can beat a Chelsea even in 1st gear.
Utd won

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 May 2023 21:21

AthleticoSpizz
tidus_mi2 The only hope for Reading at this point is if City beat United, thus Reading vs Chelsea is a dead rubber for Chelsea. That said, I'm not sure Reading can beat a Chelsea even in 1st gear.
Utd won

Yep, Reading are down, no way they're beating a Chelsea team that is actually trying to win.

1862 posts