MATCHWATCH : Burton Albion (a) sponsored by points mean prizes

190 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Burton Albion (a) sponsored by points mean prizes

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2018 13:17

biff
Old Man Andrews
biff I sincerely hope we get oxf*rd trounced and change comes of it.

Great attitude to have.

:lol: :lol:

What are you exactly enjoying by going to these games? Have you faith in a manager allergic to change to... change things? I bet you I'm not in the minority here.

I don't want Stam at the club.

I do however want the team I support to win games of football. If by winning games it means Stam stays then it is what it is. Winning means more than anything else.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2018 13:18

biff Obviously as a fan I want us to win every game, but you're lying if you want this to carry on as is.

You're right I don't want this to carry on as it is, and I want that to change by winning tonight. Not by us losing which may or may not prompt a change in management, which you have said you want to happen.

This doesn't quite read the same as you wanting us to win every game.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jan 2018 13:28

Stam won't go if we lose tonight, not with a day left in the transfer window. Any deals we were working on would be dead in the water if he's sacked.

They'll wait until at least next week IMO

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2018 13:34

Hendo
Hound didn't we beat Birmingham away last year on a Tuesday (1-0)?

It was indeed. We also won away at Wednesday last season, admittedly it was a Friday night rather than Tuesday, but still a 7:45 KO.

It's all in the OP. Reading have managed 1 win in the 23 league games they've played away on a Tuesday or Wednesday night since the 4-2 at Leeds back in March 2014.

biff

by biff » 30 Jan 2018 13:47

Hendo
biff Obviously as a fan I want us to win every game, but you're lying if you want this to carry on as is.

You're right I don't want this to carry on as it is, and I want that to change by winning tonight. Not by us losing which may or may not prompt a change in management, which you have said you want to happen.

I think youre being purposefully ignorant here. Im a fan, a home and away fan, and I want to the end of this pathetic Dutch dynasty to hurry up so I can get a return of enjoyment for my time and money. Now in my opinion, a loss would hopefully be curtains for our amateur manager, and in your opinion, it wouldnt. The beauty of a forum eh.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2018 13:53

biff
Hendo

I think youre being purposefully ignorant here. Im a fan, a home and away fan, and I want to the end of this pathetic Dutch dynasty to hurry up so I can get a return of enjoyment for my time and money. Now in my opinion, a loss would hopefully be curtains for our amateur manager, and in your opinion, it wouldnt. The beauty of a forum eh.

:|

I don't think so, I am merely pointing out how you have posted two very different views of the same thing.

You sincerely want us to get trounced, not just lose, for change to happen, ergo, you don't want us to win every game.

Also. the classic pointing out of being a home and away fan, as that makes you better than other fans? :|

biff

by biff » 30 Jan 2018 14:01

:lol: :lol: Ok I'll bite "Hendo". Can you not see what I mean? Why are you wasting your time chasing semantics? In my opinion, if we lose and Stam goes, we will win more games, and thus I'm happy again. It really isnt as difficult as you're making it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2018 14:07

biff :lol: :lol: Ok I'll bite "Hendo". Can you not see what I mean? Why are you wasting your time chasing semantics? In my opinion, if we lose and Stam goes, we will win more games, and thus I'm happy again. It really isnt as difficult as you're making it.

Old Man Andrews
I do however want the team I support to win games of football. If by winning games it means Stam stays then it is what it is. Winning means more than anything else.

OMA puts it better than I can so I will leave it there.

Squabbling over semantics may seem petty stuff but it is the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. :wink:

biff

by biff » 30 Jan 2018 14:13

mwa xx

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2018 17:32

I have to work tonight so won't be able to watch but I'm hoping that means we will win as we haven't won any of the games I have watched since this downturn into torrid form of recent.

I hope all the pent up anger will mean there will be lots of match thread for me to read through after the game.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Jan 2018 17:34

Think we might see some pent-up anger on the pitch...especially if Burton try their stifle game

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2018 17:41

No one wants it to carry on as is you tart.

If you don't want us to win every game you've got to question whether you are actually a fan. You don't have to want us to get hammered to want the current disaster to change.

You might not be too upset to see us hammered if you think it will hasten positive change, but you shouldn't prefer it.

The best option is Stam pulls his finger out, we win and he goes on to get us promoted next year.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Jan 2018 18:11

Reading: Mannone, Gunter (c), Moore, Ilori, Van den Berg, Edwards, Bacuna, Aluko, Barrow, Kermorgant, Böðvarsson.

Subs: Jaakkola, Elphick, Evans, McCleary, Clement, Blackett, Smith.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2018 18:22

Royals and Racers Reading: Mannone, Gunter (c), Moore, Ilori, Van den Berg, Edwards, Bacuna, Aluko, Barrow, Kermorgant, Böðvarsson.

Subs: Jaakkola, Elphick, Evans, McCleary, Clement, Blackett, Smith.

So. 4-4-2 with Bacuna RB? Or 3-5-2 with Gunter CB and Barrow and Aluko wing backs (LMFAO - can you think of two current fit players less capable of defending?).

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 30 Jan 2018 18:28

And there we go. Elphick on the bench (but maybe to be brought on as striker with ten minutes to go?)

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 Jan 2018 18:28

If there's one place we ought to be looking for a win, it's Burton.

We might think our home form is bad, but their last 10 home game has produced W0 D1 L9.

I can see it ending 3-0 tonight. I just don't know who to.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Jan 2018 18:30

If we play anything like we did last time against Burton we will lose and Stam will be gone ( for a burton) :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2018 18:34

Elphick on bench as he has yet to even train with the team but then given some of the recent performances that would probably be a benefit
Last edited by Sutekh on 30 Jan 2018 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Jan 2018 18:35

tmesis their last 10 home game has produced W0 D1 L9.

You know what that means.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 30 Jan 2018 18:35

John Smith
strap I'm hoping the disgraceful defeat against Burton at our place will rankle with the squad, and they give it plenty. For sure Elphick won't take any prisoners, so one would hope his fight will rub off on the rest of the players and a bit of back bone will appear. Narrow 1-0 win?

Of course knowing the Dutch tw@t, Elphick will be a non-playing sub in a 0-2 defeat :roll: He doesn't have enough match fitness you see, so we'll have to carefully bed him in - he might make a start towards the end of the season. Oh thank you so much Mr Dutch Tactical Genius,

Why are you pissing yourself off over scenarios that haven't, and probably won't happen?! Strange man.

Devout pessimist I'm afraid, been following RFC for too many years now. Oh, just seen tonight's line up - Elphick on bench. So 50% correct so far!

190 posts