Total votes: 147
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The very latest in STAM OUT threads...with poll

by Hound » 05 Feb 2018 11:23

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
They would just give us the money to pay off Stam's contract. I don't think we would have any spare cash afterwards, maybe except for some extra room in the wage budget.

I'm no employment lawyer so please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Stam would be entitled to any payout from us if he leaves for new employment. Any compensation money from Leeds would stay with us and not he paid to Stam.

I'm not one either, but I'm under the impression managers get payouts in football when their contracts are terminated early. You're right that it could be different if he's transferring

I'm sure someone can chime in

depends what is negotiated. Quite often the club will continue to pay his wages until someone else picks him up.

So if that was the case, and he left us to go to Leeds (which wont happen) we prob wouldn't have to pay him anything much

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 05 Feb 2018 12:29

tidus_mi2 oxf*rd it, I was on the fence before but I'm Stam in, they have decided to stick with him through the transfer window and authorised the signing of two loan players. Today was shit, hell a lot of games have been shit but at the same time I don't think we're going to go down either, we seem to be picking up enough points here or there that will get us across the line.

So he'll need to learn from this season or he'll be gone pretty swiftly next season.

Tidus mate, can you really see us picking up the 16-18 points we need for safety, because I can't see where the next win is coming from.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Feb 2018 12:36

tidus_mi2 oxf*rd it, I was on the fence before but I'm Stam in, they have decided to stick with him through the transfer window and authorised the signing of two loan players. Today was shit, hell a lot of games have been shit but at the same time I don't think we're going to go down either, we seem to be picking up enough points here or there that will get us across the line.

So he'll need to learn from this season or he'll be gone pretty swiftly next season.

Totally agree

Tilehurstsouthbank Tidus mate, can you really see us picking up the 16-18 points we need for safety, because I can't see where the next win is coming from.

The next win will be at home to Bolton, but we will pick up at least two draws before that (Forest, Sheff Utd and possibly Boro).

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 05 Feb 2018 12:50

Sadly he's not going to Leeds.

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 05 Feb 2018 12:54

:cry:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Feb 2018 14:52

BR0B0T
CountryRoyal Fcuk off Borebot you're not funny.

Calm down pCuntyRoyal
This post has been reported, apparently someone has had enough of having to "constantly put up with this blokes homophobic comments" - I can't see anything homophobic about this particular post, but whichever one of you has been posting homophobic posts needs to stop.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Feb 2018 15:00

I think we have to sadly accept that Stam will be here until at least the end of his contract whatever that may entail. lets hope it`s not in L2.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Feb 2018 15:24

John Smith
LWJ Still IN.

Maybe I would be out if there was a decent option, but unless we go for an unknown lower/foreign league manager then there's not much about.

We play better away from home because it feels like the crowd is a bit more supportive. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost every home game for the rest of the season, and won the majority of our away's.

+1

I think we're actively likely to win more away than at home. I'm far from convinced we'll win the majority away though.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Feb 2018 15:27

Snowflake Royal
John Smith
LWJ Still IN.

Maybe I would be out if there was a decent option, but unless we go for an unknown lower/foreign league manager then there's not much about.

We play better away from home because it feels like the crowd is a bit more supportive. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost every home game for the rest of the season, and won the majority of our away's.

+1

I think we're actively likely to win more away than at home. I'm far from convinced we'll win the majority away though.

We will pick up enough points away from home to survive. Hull are in a much worse position than us, as are Sunderland. [Un]fortunately I think that Burton are almost gone.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 05 Feb 2018 15:52

I just cannot believe he is still here.

I will continue my one man boycott of attending games until he has gone or the style of football changes substantially.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Feb 2018 16:24

andrew1957 I just cannot believe he is still here.

I will continue my one man boycott of attending games until he has gone or the style of football changes substantially.

Do you have a season ticket I can use at a subsidised price?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2018 16:35

Looks like Paul Heckingbottom is going to Leeds.

Bit of a :| appointment for me

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Feb 2018 20:04

Forbury Lion
BR0B0T
CountryRoyal Fcuk off Borebot you're not funny.

Calm down pCuntyRoyal
This post has been reported, apparently someone has had enough of having to "constantly put up with this blokes homophobic comments" - I can't see anything homophobic about this particular post, but whichever one of you has been posting homophobic posts needs to stop.

Who reported it? Likewise, nothing offensive in that post, just standard HNA? back and forth. :|

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Feb 2018 20:06

genome Looks like Paul Heckingbottom is going to Leeds.

Bit of a :| appointment for me
another decent manager going to get tainted....and sacked

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Feb 2018 20:23

Sad we can't ditch him now. Christianson would be brilliant.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Feb 2018 21:10

CountryRoyal
Forbury Lion
BR0B0T
Calm down pCuntyRoyal

Who reported it? Likewise, nothing offensive in that post, just standard HNA? back and forth. :|

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Feb 2018 23:30

BR0B0T
CountryRoyal
Forbury Lion This post has been reported, apparently someone has had enough of having to "constantly put up with this blokes homophobic comments" - I can't see anything homophobic about this particular post, but whichever one of you has been posting homophobic posts needs to stop.

Well it wasn’t me lads.

If I’d wanted to get even with yous I’d have created an amusing poll.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Feb 2018 13:37

The amount of booing at the end of the games has started to reduce significantly, the board will probably take that as a sign the fans are no longer displeased with the tactics and are now behind the manager.... until they realise it's because half the fans who could be bothered to attend left 20 minutes before the final whistle.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Feb 2018 14:00

@TomJCrocker
Stam: I don’t pay any notice to the fans. Even last season they were being negative. If they want to be negative towards me that’s fine but they need to support the players. #readingfc

oof

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Feb 2018 14:01

genome @TomJCrocker
Stam: I don’t pay any notice to the fans. Even last season they were being negative. If they want to be negative towards me that’s fine but they need to support the players. #readingfc

oof

Coming out with BS like that doesn't help the players though. The negativity towards him and his management will only increase with idiotic statements like that.

148 posts