BFT Appalling mess at home

152 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT Appalling mess at home

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Feb 2018 19:44

Woodcote Royal Today I took my seat for the first time in about 2 months. The sad fact is, I was struggling to remember the last game I attended :|

On the back of what I saw as an unexpected, not to mention relatively comfortable, victory up at Burton, I spurned the opportunity of modest gainful employment in the hope of witnessing further progress on the hallowed turf.

And, I have to say, as one of Stam's biggest critics in recent months, I feel inclined to add some perspective to most of the views above.

Firstly, any credit for Millwall's performance appears non existent. While we are belatedly, and quite rightly in my view, attempting to get back to basics, the fact Millwall are better at it than we are really isn't that surprising. We are recent converts, they play like that every week. To state the obvious, they are not Burton Albion and are doing very well with the resources at their disposal. Furthermore, we all but gave them Jake Cooper and have since spent millions searching for his replacement :|

Secondly, I don't think it's unfair to suggest we were a tad unfortunate. Despite Millwall having a definitive edge, until the first goal went in I was thoroughly enjoying my first game of the year. Also, I was right behind the wicked deflection from our left wing back's attempted clearance that left Mannone stranded. Bacuna was arguably our best summer signing and, yet again, was having a decent game but, sh*t happens :|

Thirdly, I agreed with those who felt Stam put out, more or less, his best available team. This included new loanee, the impressive and hugely experienced Tommy Elphick, who was promptly crocked on the half hour. Enter stage left the much maligned Tyler Blackett :|

Minutes after conceding an unfortunate first, Elphick's error prone replacement fcuks up and we find ourselves 2 goals down with little more than 15 minutes to go.

While I couldn't see us winning another game before Burton, and accept Millwall had more clear cut chances, we won't always be this unfortunate and will find easier nuts to crack than a side who recently returned from Elland Road with all 3pts.

Today's result was obviously disappointing but, if Stam is willing to continue with this new approach, I can't see us being caught by any of the bottom three.

However, all that being said, I agree with Adi Williams in that Stam's days should still be numbered. Sure, I no longer see us being relegated but neither do I see Stam taking us where we want to go.

This is a talented squad that should never have found itself staving off relegation. I don't blame the players and see none of the lethargy others insist is present. But I am happy to accept many of them have as little faith in their manager as most of us. Who can blame them?!!

Finally, Tyler Blackett has a huge capacity to drive the fanbase bananas but he was only on the pitch today to cover for injury. It's one thing to boo the team off the pitch but those who gave the abuse to one of our players whenever he touched the ball need to ask themselves if they really support this club. Who knows how long Elphick is out for and how many replacements do we have beyond Blackett? He'll need to be one tough cookie to recover anytime soon from the abuse he received from our resident idiots. Well done!! :evil:
yep good post WR....that was you pre-game getting the shout-outs on BBC Berks wasn’t it :)

You didn’t half pick your game to come back to didn’t you :?: but I think that I have known you long enough to know that you have seen us in an even worse state than we are now.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Feb 2018 07:19

Blackett is a young guy who looks a little vulnerable and whose confidence is shot.

Easy target.

I wonder if the boo-Boys will be brave enough to dish out the treatment to big guys who are far more culpable than Blackett - like Joey or the manager himself.

Of course they won’t. Pussies.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 05 Feb 2018 08:51

Must admit I was shocked to hear our own fans booing our own player - even though he was garbage.

But, for all the faults of our defence (& there are loads), the main problem with our side at the moment is in the middle. There's no drive with the ball, seemingly little ability to win it back when it's lost and we're absolutely nowhere to be seen for any second ball. Any desire for the side to 'play it out from the back' has to be coupled with a midfield that can dominate games and ours are just being out-thought, out-muscled and by-passed.

Boy, are we missing Danny Williams this season.

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 05 Feb 2018 09:07

I thought Stam was being a bit of a hypocrite again. Yes booing your own players is wrong and it’s a theme with some Reading fans over the last few years. We are pathetic at times when we compare ourselves against noisy groups like Millwall or Bristol City etc.

Stam was quick to denounce the booing of Blackett but he spent the whole first half rantin and raving and must have been sending out the wrong “I have lost it “message to his players. This wouldn’t have helped his young team as he calls it.

Compare his demeanour to that of Howe ‘s at Bournemouth., and look at our differing league positions.

Come on Stam, resign now please. I’ve had enough of your confused approach.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Feb 2018 09:31

wingnut Must admit I was shocked to hear our own fans booing our own player - even though he was garbage.

But, for all the faults of our defence (& there are loads), the main problem with our side at the moment is in the middle. There's no drive with the ball, seemingly little ability to win it back when it's lost and we're absolutely nowhere to be seen for any second ball. Any desire for the side to 'play it out from the back' has to be coupled with a midfield that can dominate games and ours are just being out-thought, out-muscled and by-passed.

Think Bacuna could fill Williams' role quite well but our tactical genius of a manager continually sticks him in as a full/wing back :roll:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2018 09:32

Apart from the last two games

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 05 Feb 2018 12:02

Blackett must be good enough for the team, you cannot use him as a reason to why we lost. If he is good enough for the bench, you have to be prepared to use him. He has the ability and dont think he deserves all the stick he receives. Very easy to point fingers, but as said earlier, the defence has very little protection in front of them through out the midfield. Both their goals just sums up our season.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Feb 2018 13:16

hes oxf*rd awful.

a few flashes of skill, and one or two half decent games aside he has been since he arrived

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 05 Feb 2018 14:06

Maneki Neko hes oxf*rd awful.

a few flashes of skill, and one or two half decent games aside he has been since he arrived

All that said - he's still far more productive than some of our mongtard 'fans'

Booing your own player, while he's playing is quite frankly, oxf*rd out of order.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Feb 2018 14:34

My first game for a while.

Following the win at Burton and the signing of Martin I went with a bit of hope. However, after the first few minutes the hope was quickly eradicated.

I stayed to the bitter end in the hope that we would at least score but to be fair to Millwall they were well worth the win and Cooper had a good game.

What stood out to me was that Harris could see that Barrow was given them a torrid time and he made substitution and doubled up on him, which worked. My point is that Stam does't seem to be able to nulify teams this season, or be able to find a solution to a probelm.

Basildon

by Basildon » 05 Feb 2018 15:27

Those who were booing when Blackett had the ball are an absolute disgrace. Granted he's been pretty poor for us on the whole but I don't think you can really single him out this season, the whole team has been shit.

Forty

by Forty » 05 Feb 2018 16:18

Basildon Those who were booing when Blackett had the ball are an absolute disgrace. Granted he's been pretty poor for us on the whole but I don't think you can really single him out this season, the whole team has been shit.

I'll defend the booing, and I'll stand up and stay I jeered him. More damage done by Stam taking him off than my jaunts. Stam's clueless; BBC Berks say he's a decent bloke, and I've not met him, but he's very clearly managed to get nothing out of this squad - his squad. The whole team has been pretty shit, as you say, and Barrow, who everyone's getting overexcited about had a soft pansy first half.

This lot are not fighting for results. They're not fighting for each other, certainly not the club / badge or anything like that. It just matters more to us than it clearly does to them. We get platitudes and all the right words from some of the players, but nothing when it counts.

The owners - I think they have a share in the new development in the car park (can anyone confirm) - the profits in that mean the football club is entirely incidental.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 05 Feb 2018 16:31

Most of the squad in the Reading F C box couldn't be bothered to go out side to watch the game on Saturday.Says it all for me.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 05 Feb 2018 16:36

Forty
Basildon Those who were booing when Blackett had the ball are an absolute disgrace. Granted he's been pretty poor for us on the whole but I don't think you can really single him out this season, the whole team has been shit.

I'll defend the booing, and I'll stand up and stay I jeered him. More damage done by Stam taking him off than my jaunts. Stam's clueless; BBC Berks say he's a decent bloke, and I've not met him, but he's very clearly managed to get nothing out of this squad - his squad. The whole team has been pretty shit, as you say, and Barrow, who everyone's getting overexcited about had a soft pansy first half.

This lot are not fighting for results. They're not fighting for each other, certainly not the club / badge or anything like that. It just matters more to us than it clearly does to them. We get platitudes and all the right words from some of the players, but nothing when it counts.

The owners - I think they have a share in the new development in the car park (can anyone confirm) - the profits in that mean the football club is entirely incidental.

I can sympathise with booing players...just dont agree with it. Just because the football being served up is totally negative, does not mean the crowds have to add to negative performance making it an all round negative experience for everyone.
Players have nothing to fight for atm. Fans are booing when they lose. The club top to bottom is becoming a bit of a joke. That does include supporters too, which i completely understand btw.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Feb 2018 17:39

Forty

LOL, the football club is losing about £12m a year, that's not very incidental.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 05 Feb 2018 17:55

tee peg Most of the squad in the Reading F C box couldn't be bothered to go out side to watch the game on Saturday.Says it all for me.

Probs still sulking from their alleged ' banning' from Nirvana. Apparently due to arrogance, rudeness, and general helmetry.

biff

by biff » 05 Feb 2018 18:15

El Diablo
tee peg Most of the squad in the Reading F C box couldn't be bothered to go out side to watch the game on Saturday.Says it all for me.

Probs still sulking from their alleged ' banning' from Nirvana. Apparently due to arrogance, rudeness, and general helmetry.

:lol: is that true? fcking idiots

Since 1964

by Since 1964 » 05 Feb 2018 18:49

Royal Rother Blackett is a young guy who looks a little vulnerable and whose confidence is shot.

Easy target.

I wonder if the boo-Boys will be brave enough to dish out the treatment to big guys who are far more culpable than Blackett - like Joey or the manager himself.

Of course they won’t. Pussies.

From my seat in the Upper West I thought that the loud booing came from my right, ie the away end.
At the time I couldn't believe so many Royals fans would boo one of our own so loudly?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Feb 2018 19:45

wingnut Must admit I was shocked to hear our own fans booing our own player - even though he was garbage.

Pretty much sums up my musings this morning and saves me the effort of typing them out!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 05 Feb 2018 20:05

El Diablo
Maneki Neko hes oxf*rd awful.

All that said - he's still far more productive than some of our mongtard 'fans'

I quite agree. And let's face it, he isn't paid that much more than the fans who attend ara is he?

Oh wait, does he have to pay to get into the MadStad?
Oh wait, are the fans paid multi-thousands of pounds a week to turn up?
No?

Then I'm afraid I cannot agree with you. He is paid handsomely to perform the basics, which he singularly fails to do. The fans have to pay to watch him. They are entitled to do as they see fit, however much misguided you may think their actions to be.

However I will defend to my my last breath your right to an opinion, as I will the fans who have their opinion of him. Whether your actions or theirs are misguided is immaterial

152 posts