Boycott

189 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Sack the Stam

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 06 Mar 2018 22:25

Is it time for a protest at his parking space?

FWIW we seem to have decent youngsters coming through, mostly English, local players.
That's the future, not expensive signings.

Awayawayaway

Re: Sack the Stam

by Awayawayaway » 06 Mar 2018 22:36

Why does it have to be in the parking space? What's wring with chanting stam out in the ground or getting in the pitch?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2018 22:40

To be perfectly honest, having given up on Stam a month or so ago and becoming resigned to his eventual departure, I'm now fully behind him staying for the rest of the season.

I don't want our next manager contaminated with the shitty stigma of this godawful omni-cluster-shambles of a season. We've got plenty of decent players, but their confidence is so shot to buggery I don't see how they can possible recover any sort of genuine form this season. We need a clean break. At absolute best, we sack Stam, get in a professional problem solver, get a marginal upturn in form, and then we're stuck with another clown who cna't actually take us where we want to go next season, and then yet another one when the short-term solution inevitably gets fired somewhere between October and March.

We just have to hope that things continue as they are and there prove to be at least three teams consistently shitter than us.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Mar 2018 22:42

Stam out after every bloody game is pointless, get it into your heads he`s not going anywhere this season.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 06 Mar 2018 22:48

Snowflake is not alone in supporting the Benny Hill, "Ting A Ling A Loo" solution then! :shock:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Mar 2018 11:21

Awayawayaway or getting in the pitch?

Because its an offence to enter the field of play?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Mar 2018 11:30

Snowflake Royal To be perfectly honest, having given up on Stam a month or so ago and becoming resigned to his eventual departure, I'm now fully behind him staying for the rest of the season.

I don't want our next manager contaminated with the shitty stigma of this godawful omni-cluster-shambles of a season. We've got plenty of decent players, but their confidence is so shot to buggery I don't see how they can possible recover any sort of genuine form this season. We need a clean break. At absolute best, we sack Stam, get in a professional problem solver, get a marginal upturn in form, and then we're stuck with another clown who cna't actually take us where we want to go next season, and then yet another one when the short-term solution inevitably gets fired somewhere between October and March.

We just have to hope that things continue as they are and there prove to be at least three teams consistently shitter than us.

The world is coming to an end, I agree with every word of an Ian Royal post!

In my ideal scenario, as soon as we are mathematically safe, Stam is quietly told to find himself another job for next season, and we start looking for another manager.

Graham Potter or Stephen Kenny for me.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Boycott

by linkenholtroyal » 07 Mar 2018 11:36

Don’t get me wrong I would not be upset if Stam went but.....
I think other than barrow the summer signings were shocking, which is more gourlay and Brians problem not Jaap. Jaap is a head coach not a full control manager. We have been blighted with injury all season on our best players and this has affected spirit aswell. I think the best thing we can do is get behind them at this stage and hope we stay up. But we need to help them with that which is not easy as play had been bad for a long time.

If we stay up I think Stan will still be here next year.
All we can hope is that Brian and gourlay do a better job with whatever budget they have next year and we don’t get the injury problems.
I still think there is a championship winning side hidden in the dross.
So if you want to boycott that’s up to you but I don’t think it will get the team we all love back where it should be.
Get behind them urrrrrzzzz

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Mar 2018 11:42

linkenholtroyal Don’t get me wrong I would not be upset if Stam went but.....
I think other than barrow the summer signings were shocking, which is more gourlay and Brians problem not Jaap. Jaap is a head coach not a full control manager. We have been blighted with injury all season on our best players and this has affected spirit aswell. I think the best thing we can do is get behind them at this stage and hope we stay up. But we need to help them with that which is not easy as play had been bad for a long time.

All we can hope is that Brian and gourlay do a better job with whatever budget they have next year and we don’t get the injury problems.
So if you want to boycott that’s up to you but I don’t think it will get the team we all love back where it should be.

It’s not about buying success it’s working with what you’ve got.

Something Stam has totally and consistently failed to do this season.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 07 Mar 2018 11:47

muirinho
Snowflake Royal To be perfectly honest, having given up on Stam a month or so ago and becoming resigned to his eventual departure, I'm now fully behind him staying for the rest of the season.

In my ideal scenario, as soon as we are mathematically safe, Stam is quietly told to find himself another job for next season, and we start looking for another manager.

Graham Potter or Stephen Kenny for me.

The world is coming to an end, I agree with every word of an Ian Royal post!

For the second time this calendar year I also find myself agreeing with Ian. Maybe he isn't the antagonising tosspot we all think he is :?: Nah, he's a oxf*rd!

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 07 Mar 2018 12:36

Hendo
Awayawayaway or getting in the pitch?

Because its an offence to enter the field of play?

Like they'd ban all 3000 or so people on the pitch.

Modern football fans are shit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Mar 2018 12:44

leon
linkenholtroyal Don’t get me wrong I would not be upset if Stam went but.....

It’s not about buying success it’s working with what you’ve got.

Something Stam has totally and consistently failed to do this season.

yeh indeed. It's the drop off in the performances of players who were here last year which is just as shocking really - the likes of McShane, Blackett, Joey, Beerens, Yann, Evans and Moore who have all been well down on what they produced last season.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 07 Mar 2018 15:01

Can't believe the amount of people who are still in some way defending Stam! While the players are accountable as well as the backroom staff people need to get their heads out of the clouds. This alleged 3 year plan that the club has is turning out to be an absolute shambles. Gourlay needs to go as well.

- 1 Win in 15 games

- Between £10-15 million spent in summer not only that but spent poorly other than Barrow. How on earth can we sink so low after allegedly "investing" that kind of money into the team.

- Gourlay coming out to defend Stam despite his poor record prior to the Birmingham game. Sorry Ron but if that is anyone during your time at Chelsea you would have wanted them sacked right away probably after 5 games. Absolutely deluded and come across a right arrogant so and so.

We are Reading FC, we are an established Championship club and there is a minimum standard that we as fans expect. We aren't punching above our weight at all in this league we should be competing for the top 10 at least every season without fail. Its not unrealistic to expect that, this squad are so much better than what we are showing right now.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Mar 2018 15:19

I wish somebody would take a picture of the directors box to see who actually sits there, it was reasonably full last night as opposed to the first row normally.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Mar 2018 15:36

bracksroyal10 Can't believe the amount of people who are still in some way defending Stam! While the players are accountable as well as the backroom staff people need to get their heads out of the clouds. This alleged 3 year plan that the club has is turning out to be an absolute shambles. Gourlay needs to go as well.

- 1 Win in 15 games

- Between £10-15 million spent in summer not only that but spent poorly other than Barrow. How on earth can we sink so low after allegedly "investing" that kind of money into the team.

- Gourlay coming out to defend Stam despite his poor record prior to the Birmingham game. Sorry Ron but if that is anyone during your time at Chelsea you would have wanted them sacked right away probably after 5 games. Absolutely deluded and come across a right arrogant so and so.

We are Reading FC, we are an established Championship club and there is a minimum standard that we as fans expect. We aren't punching above our weight at all in this league we should be competing for the top 10 at least every season without fail. Its not unrealistic to expect that, this squad are so much better than what we are showing right now.

I don't think anybody is defending him at the moment simply stating that no matter what you think, he is going nowhere until the end of the season, so you might as well support the team or not go. Seems like most are choosing the latter at the moment.

Summer can't come quick enough.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2018 19:43

Harpers So Solid Crew FWIW we seem to have decent youngsters coming through, mostly English, local players.
That's the future, not expensive signings.

Something he appears to have taken out of Fergusons book. Just needs some steady wise heads to guide them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Mar 2018 20:02

We will beat dirty Leeds on Saturday and move eight points clear of the relegation zone.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2018 23:11

Hound yeh indeed. It's the drop off in the performances of players who were here last year which is just as shocking really - the likes of McShane, Blackett, Joey, Beerens, Yann, Evans and Moore who have all been well down on what they produced last season.

Evans has hardly played. Likewise Beerans before he left. JVB has missed a fair number of games through injury.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Mar 2018 23:18

Lower West
Hound yeh indeed. It's the drop off in the performances of players who were here last year which is just as shocking really - the likes of McShane, Blackett, Joey, Beerens, Yann, Evans and Moore who have all been well down on what they produced last season.

Evans has hardly played. Likewise Beerans before he left. JVB has missed a fair number of games through injury.

Similarly, McShane has been injured, Yann was injured, and hasn't regained form since he came back, Blackett was equally suspect last season - we just thought he would improve and he hasn't

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Mar 2018 00:33

The best chance of making our views count is with season ticket renewals. It's quite clear those in charge don't give a fcuk about our opinions and if they had any intention of sacking Stam they'd have done it months ago.

I've decided now that I'll renew whatever division we are in if Stam has gone but not, regardless, even if he miraculously avoids relegation with the most expensively assembled squad in our history, if he's still here.

Clubs rely heavily on ST renewals for summer cash flow so they will miss half the season ticket holders electing not to renew. I'd leave making a noise in someones parking space to the under 12's.

189 posts