Gourlay

299 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Gourlay

by Zip » 07 Sep 2018 22:31

Given Gourlay’s unenthusiastic backing of Clement and Clement’s downbeat post match interview last week in which he didn’t endorse the boardroom it seems certain there is a strain between the two which doesn’t bode well. I don’t think Clement has more than a very few games to turn this around.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Sep 2018 23:06

They did have a club barbecue recently though and the owners were there for that.

Bearwood is expected to be ready at some point in the latter 6 months of 2019

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 07 Sep 2018 23:17

Thank fukk for that, I thought we were in a bit of trouble there for a minute :|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Sep 2018 00:06

Will be one of the nicer training facilities in League One I’d imagine?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 08 Sep 2018 07:27

"A lot of things need addressing from software in the ticket office to GDPR".....

Well that's a big relief, it was my #1 concern...

No mention of brexit though.....

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 08 Sep 2018 07:27

"A lot of things need addressing from software in the ticket office to GDPR".....

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 08 Sep 2018 07:29

So annoying I posted it twice.
What a non interview...

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Sep 2018 08:22

Zip Given Gourlay’s unenthusiastic backing of Clement and Clement’s downbeat post match interview last week in which he didn’t endorse the boardroom it seems certain there is a strain between the two which doesn’t bode well. I don’t think Clement has more than a very few games to turn this around.

Yes and the next manager will wave his magic wand and everything will be good in the kitchen again. 5 in 5 seasons hasnt made any difference, why should another be able to do where 5 others have failed?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Sep 2018 10:39

Linden Jones' Tash "A lot of things need addressing from software in the ticket office to GDPR".....

If only they’d had some warnings about GDPR...

It’s been the law since 25 May, basically he’s publicly admitted that they are not compliant and could (should?) be fined :SMH:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Sep 2018 11:57

Ascotexgunner In that interview he projected NO urgency at all in the clubs situation. There were no answers/plans...nothing......

CEO's aren't magicians. At board level there'll be a long term plan to implement. Only football fans believe that there's quick fixes. Unfortunately more often or not life isn't like that at all. Change takes time to evolve.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Sep 2018 12:04

At the Star meeting Clement said he needs two or three more windows to get everything right, supporters want it did done yesterday,
Whether Gourley gives him that time is another matter.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Sep 2018 12:07

windermereROYAL
Zip Given Gourlay’s unenthusiastic backing of Clement and Clement’s downbeat post match interview last week in which he didn’t endorse the boardroom it seems certain there is a strain between the two which doesn’t bode well. I don’t think Clement has more than a very few games to turn this around.

Yes and the next manager will wave his magic wand and everything will be good in the kitchen again. 5 in 5 seasons hasnt made any difference, why should another be able to do where 5 others have failed?

I don’t disagree with you but this has the feeling of inevitability at the moment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2018 12:19

windermereROYAL At the Star meeting Clement said he needs two or three more windows to get everything right, supporters want it did done yesterday,
Whether Gourley gives him that time is another matter.

What I expected once last season ended. I was rather hoping he'd have made more progress by this point though.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Sep 2018 14:21

As with the previous interview I’m not entirely sure what you people were expecting from him?

To say it was proof hes out of his depth is laughable.

He didn’t really say anything to be honest, but wasn’t ranting and raving.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Sep 2018 14:27

leon As with the previous interview I’m not entirely sure what you people were expecting from him?

To say it was proof hes out of his depth is laughable.

He didn’t really say anything to be honest, but wasn’t ranting and raving.

Couldn`t agree more, he told it has it was.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 09 Sep 2018 10:19

The bloke has to be on borrowed time.

I have no issues with the owners and don’t think any fans should, we could have owners that pick the team etc but we don’t, they’ve invested (record signing, summer 2017, Moore situ where they could have cashed in) and let the football side get on with it. I will however have an issue with the owners if they don’t do something with Gourlay et al if this mess continues.

Owners have invested money and trusted Gourlay to spend it, and it’s fair to say it’s been shambolic. To say the ‘bulk’ of his signings have been a success is a joke, summer 2017 window is killing us hence why Clement has tried to sign so many leaders this summer.

Owners were at last game, will see a half empty stadium, will see downbeat fans and their team siting bottom of the league after another defeat. Either Gourlay is selling them a dream or he is on borrowed time if they have a bit about them.

Rant over.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Sep 2018 12:15

So much demonstration of confirmation bias in this thread.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Sep 2018 22:00

Platypuss So much demonstration of confirmation bias in this thread.

Is that like something to do with Hitler and stuff?

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 10 Sep 2018 06:34

hughsies no.1 The bloke has to be on borrowed time.

I have no issues with the owners and don’t think any fans should, we could have owners that pick the team etc but we don’t, they’ve invested (record signing, summer 2017, Moore situ where they could have cashed in) and let the football side get on with it. I will however have an issue with the owners if they don’t do something with Gourlay et al if this mess continues.

Owners have invested money and trusted Gourlay to spend it, and it’s fair to say it’s been shambolic. To say the ‘bulk’ of his signings have been a success is a joke, summer 2017 window is killing us hence why Clement has tried to sign so many leaders this summer.

Owners were at last game, will see a half empty stadium, will see downbeat fans and their team siting bottom of the league after another defeat. Either Gourlay is selling them a dream or he is on borrowed time if they have a bit about them.

Rant over.

Rant not over.

In my opinion the only one on borrowed time is Clement. Yes. I agree that the Summer 2017 spending spree means we are carrying a lot of timber still but ultimately Clements leaders have failed us too. He is the one who said he wants to sign leaders, we've done that and none of them have impressed or started much so far. Only Yiadom has really done anything of note for us. Clement is the one who will ultimately say to Gourlay or Tev "Sign me that player". His tactics and team selection have been questionable at times too.

That's not to say that Gourlay is completely exempt from any criticism as he has had a big part in last year's monumental fck up. But this year and right now it's on Clement.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Sep 2018 11:03

hughsies no.1 The bloke has to be on borrowed time.

Rant over.

Some help needed.

Nigel Howe used to be the CEO, he didn't sign players. He would have had a say in determining budgets and signing off contracts but actually signing players was not his job.
Gourlay now does the same job. So there are none of 'his signings'. Who we sign is down to Teverenden and Clement ( as it used to be down to Hammond and Coppell / McDermott etc with the odd exception of a trophy Russian signing).

Gourlay's job is essentially to ensure the books balance, which is a hell of a job. Whether he is doing that well enough is going to be a significant concern for the owners but it's very hard to pin the on field issues at Gourlay's door.

299 posts