Season Defining Moments

RATM

Re: Season Defining Moments

by RATM » 01 Apr 2018 12:18

oldebiscuit
Royal_jimmy
CavershamRoyal
Think they had two sent off and another went off through injury so played against 8 men for the last 10 minutes or so. Couldn't believe we didn't score.

No it was 3 sending offs

First, I must say that It seems odd that i’m joining in to a rational discussion that involves double d.
Secondly, it was not 3 sendings off, it was 2 and an injury. Had Yeovil lost one more player either by an injury or by a sending off, then the Referee would have to had abandoned the game as League rules state that a team must field no less than 8 players, and should a team field less than 8 players then the game must be abandoned.

It's less than 7 players I believe.
I recall that Sheff u only had 6 players left in the infamous abandoned "battle of Brammell lane" game.

double d

by double d » 01 Apr 2018 22:13

RATM
oldebiscuit
Royal_jimmy
No it was 3 sending offs

First, I must say that It seems odd that i’m joining in to a rational discussion that involves double d.
Secondly, it was not 3 sendings off, it was 2 and an injury. Had Yeovil lost one more player either by an injury or by a sending off, then the Referee would have to had abandoned the game as League rules state that a team must field no less than 8 players, and should a team field less than 8 players then the game must be abandoned.

It's less than 7 players I believe.
I recall that Sheff u only had 6 players left in the infamous abandoned "battle of Brammell lane" game.

3 sendings off and 2 "injuries"

Ingham

by Ingham » 02 Apr 2018 07:23

oldebiscuit
Royal_jimmy
CavershamRoyal
Think they had two sent off and another went off through injury so played against 8 men for the last 10 minutes or so. Couldn't believe we didn't score.

No it was 3 sending offs

It was 3 red cards;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26300108

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 02 Apr 2018 08:33

blythspartan Cureton's equaliser against Brentford. Otherwise, it would have been the playoffs for us and we all know about our record in those.

I’m going to try and flip this on its head in the interest of debate.

Had we lost to Brentford and ended up in the play-offs, there is a very good chance we would have won them. If we had won that play-off, do you think our club would still have the hoodoo that we have now :shock:

Thanks Curo :twisted:

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 02 Apr 2018 10:27

Ingham
oldebiscuit
Royal_jimmy
No it was 3 sending offs

It was 3 red cards;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26300108

Had forgotten that. Wonder why I remembered one as an injury. Seem to remember someone limping off, but maybe they still had some subs remaining.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Apr 2018 19:05

When we had that great Month at the the start of the year in the Premier League and it looked as though we might have a chance of staying up. ALF had hit two late classy finishes against Chelsea and everything was looking up........and then BM got MOTM and the wheels came off and he was gone in just over a month :cry:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Apr 2018 19:41

WAZZOCK
blythspartan Cureton's equaliser against Brentford. Otherwise, it would have been the playoffs for us and we all know about our record in those.

I’m going to try and flip this on its head in the interest of debate.

Had we lost to Brentford and ended up in the play-offs, there is a very good chance we would have won them. If we had won that play-off, do you think our club would still have the hoodoo that we have now :shock:

Thanks Curo :twisted:

We would have gone into those play offs on a massive downer. We were also in poor form having barely won over the previous few weeks. I don’t see why we would have had a very good chance of winning them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Apr 2018 21:39

Dangerous just sign here.....