Back from the ****

204 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the ****

by Zip » 28 Apr 2018 19:43

Ascotexgunner
tmesis
SCIAG So-called fans booing as they walked out - get over yourselves. Honestly our support this season has been worse than every player except Martin. Complete joke and an embarrassment. Get a sense of perspective.

What perspective exactly sees today's game as anything other than a complete disgrace? That lack of effort was shameful. The lack of ability was an embarrassment - against a half-interested team who have happily settled for a 0-0.

That was as bad as it had been for a very long time. 45 minutes of boredom, 25 minutes where there was at best a hint of a hint of promise, followed by 20 minutes of gutless farce.

The players deserved to know just what fans thought of their efforts this season. They have not been appreciated.

I would ask the alternate question to the fans who applauded at the end, what exactly were you applauding? The entertainment this season? The hard work the players have put it? Their determination and dedication to the cause?

Walk past the club shop and see the players' expensive cars lined up in the first row of parking spaces, and ask yourself how many will really give a toss when they are sunning themselves on a beach in a couple of weeks time.

You've actually said exactly what I wanted to say. I boo' d......loudly. I have every right to. These players arnt children.....their adults on big money. I'll continue to critisise the management. As I said from day 1,Clement was completely the the wrong man for the job. Today showed he has improved nothing. Mentally they seem worse. He basically had some luck that Stam didn't. If we continue with him we will no doubt be here again next season (if we survive). He will be gone by January, Completely the wrong man for the job and not the right credentials. But we are where we are.

I totally agree that we haven’t improved which apparently makes me a disgrace for stating the fuvking obvious. However I don’t blame Clement. He has taken over a club in a complete mess. Unfit players. Mentally feeble players. Players that frankly couldn’t care less. We just have to hope 43 points is enough.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 28 Apr 2018 19:48

Big Ern
Royal_jimmy 2 words after that

ACCRINGTON STANLEY

Who are they?

Exaacccctley!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Apr 2018 19:51

No qualms with the booing today, I’m usually not a fan of it, but the last 20 minutes was just shameful. Absolutely horrendous, and one of the worst I can remember in my 29 years of support. It just goes to show how fragile the mentality is in the squad.

I’m just done with this season, if we go down next week then we go down and we’ll deserve it.

Not going to bother with ratings or really analysing the rest of the match. The sooner I can forget about it the better.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2018 19:54

Tbh I don’t blame PC a great deal. His team selections are basically right. He has got Ilori’s head sorted and he now looks our most accomplished player. We’re not arsing around at the back. I can’t see a huge amount that he should have done differently from a high level

The players mentally just look shot and have done ever since the Burton home game. They clearly can’t wait for the season to end.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 28 Apr 2018 20:02

Back from the horror show indeed. Just simmering with anger with the ineptitude and lack of application in a game of relative high stakes and the annual thank you over the course of a long slog. It was a nailed on 0 0 and yet unforgivable errors and a continuing lack of fitness brought about a 20 min collapse. The third and fourth goals in its context were one of the low moments during my time supporting reading, just total capitulation.

So it culminates in a real threat of relegation with one last game against promotion hunters Cardiff.

My concerns are that irrespective of what division we are in there are serious problems with the club and squad which will take a hell of a lot of effort in the summer to reinvigorate.

Stam has gone and rightly so but the squad is rotten to the core through not being the correct blend, their indifference to results and personal improvement,sitting on fat contracts on the back of an unlikely 'Leicester season', being hamstrung by staMs robotic tactics and yet seemingly not having the desire to sit round the table as a squad full of professionals to ask themselves how they can get things back on track.

The squad ability is not top 6 material,that is abundantly clear but it should be a million miles away from a relegation battle.. and here we are where every squad member has played a part in this dramatic decline. I say dramatic but other than the freak season we have underperformed consistently since premium relegation.

Granted the financial situation had its reasons but it is a sad state of affairs when the ownership,transfer policy and blend of players we have and tactics employed have all appeared to snowball to such crappy effect. There are so many plates wobbling it's difficult to know what to do. If it is rectified it'll be one hell of a marvelous job.

The double whammy of giving contracts out like confetti (gourlay) and bad player purchasing (stam,teverden and owners) has been the most infuriating thing this season.

We can't even really 'start again' either-with what? You need some sort of core but moore will be off,swift and Kelly too. Though honestly I say swift will go but his perfomances have been so shockingly substandard he will have to watch it or fall through the professional footballers trap door if not careful. You are then left with a large amount of over performers on big contracts and players who have known nothing but regression (manone, Edwards, bacuna,mcleary,gunter). I just hope that the summer brings about a successful blending of new players and a good pre season but that just looks incredibly hard right now.

Oh and Chris Martin :| :| :|

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Apr 2018 20:03

Hound Tbh I don’t blame PC a great deal. His team selections are basically right. He has got Ilori’s head sorted and he now looks our most accomplished player. We’re not arsing around at the back. I can’t see a huge amount that he should have done differently from a high level

The players mentally just look shot and have done ever since the Burton home game. They clearly can’t wait for the season to end.

I thought Ilori was our best player today. Was given a job and stuck to it. More than you can say for the rest of em.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Apr 2018 20:05

Hound Tbh I don’t blame PC a great deal. His team selections are basically right. He has got Ilori’s head sorted and he now looks our most accomplished player. We’re not arsing around at the back. I can’t see a huge amount that he should have done differently from a high level

Not sure about the 4-4-2 with Kelly and Swift in the middle. Otherwise, I agree.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2018 20:07

It’s exactly twenty years since our last Championship relegation. We finished bottom on 42 points. We are likely to finish with just one point more than that this season.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 28 Apr 2018 20:15

I'm sure this will annoy some folks...but I couldn't care less.

I boo'd the players at the final whistle. I have been to around 1,200 RFC games (trust me....that is a lot) and I can take defeat, but what I will not tolerate is a lack of effort. I too walked past some of the players elaborate cars parked outside the ground today. What are they on ?
5 grand a week....10 grand a week...some higher than that. That performance today ranks up there with one of the most gutless performances I have ever witnessed.

Thankfully, I will never have to see some of those players in an RFC shirt again. Utter disgrace.

I know "youngsters" hate the oldies going on about Hurlock, or Bowman, or Sidwell, or Tait etc etc....but sadly our team has no balls. End of.

Shame on you players today. Feel free to pick up your huge monthly wage slip next week...but quite frankly, you were a disgrace today.

Gutless...the lot of you.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Apr 2018 20:15

SCIAG
tmesis What perspective exactly sees today's game as anything other than a complete disgrace?

One that's seen us get relegated before, play much worse than that before, play at lower levels before, and go entire matches without threatening against equally-mediocre opposition. Shit happens.

Yeah, because you are clearly the only fan that's seen us relegated or play at a lower level.

I've seen plenty of worse teams than this at Reading. I've seen plenty of worse players than this lot.

I have, however, seen very few that come close to this spineless uninterested shower of big-time charlies, who barely show any flicker of enthusiasm once they step onto the pitch. They've been mailing in performances all season, and it's getting worse.

It feels like watching Reading under Terry Bullivant again, with the exception that even Bullivant's team entertained now and then. I have never seen a more boring team than this one. You watch them play, and you can't see where the next shot is going to come from, let alone the next goal.

I also struggle to think of a single Reading team more tactically shambolic than this one, as if they spend training ignoring everything that's being said, and just go out and play as individuals doing their own thing.

In terms of playing as a team, they are the worst Reading team I've seen in over 30 years. The players just have no understanding of each other's games, and can't anticipate what any of them will do. It's why we look like 11 strangers who answered an advert for players and met five minutes before the start of the match.

It's a team that doesn't have a single strength, and it's a group of spoilt players that I struggle to find any shred of affinity with.
I would ask the alternate question to the fans who applauded at the end, what exactly were you applauding? The entertainment this season? The hard work the players have put it? Their determination and dedication to the cause?

All three of those, as well as just the fact that this is my club and I support it unconditionally

Yaay for you. Maybe they'll make a badge with "Reading's bestest supporter!!!!!" on it, just for you.

But seriously, you are happy enough with the entertainment this season to think it was worth applauding?

You really think this group have put in a level of effort that commendable?

You really think they've showed a level of determination this season that makes you want to clap and cheer, despite them sliding down the table like a turd in a toilet, stinking the place out just as badly?

Christ, what would they need to do on the pitch to make you dissatisfied?

Booing your football club after a defeat is like booing your grandchildren when they get Cs on their mock GCSEs.

No. It's like having a go at them because they were capable of getting good grades, but they got crap grades because they didn't try.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2018 20:17

Barney I'm sure this will annoy some folks...but I couldn't care less.

I boo'd the players at the final whistle. I have been to around 1,200 RFC games (trust me....that is a lot) and I can take defeat, but what I will not tolerate is a lack of effort. I too walked past some of the players elaborate cars parked outside the ground today. What are they on ?
5 grand a week....10 grand a week...some higher than that. That performance today ranks up there with one of the most gutless performances I have ever witnessed.

Thankfully, I will never have to see some of those players in an RFC shirt again. Utter disgrace.

I know "youngsters" hate the oldies going on about Hurlock, or Bowman, or Sidwell, or Tait etc etc....but sadly our team has no balls. End of.

Shame on you players today. Feel free to pick up your huge monthly wage slip next week...but quite frankly, you were a disgrace today.

Gutless...the lot of you.

They will be on a lot more money than that. According to radio Berkshire Martin is on £27,000 a week

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Apr 2018 20:22

NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother Have been reading that this type of gutless performance shows that it really has been the players’ fault, and not Stam’s....

Rubbish.

Stam’s regime got rid of many of the promising youngsters who had come through the Academy and cared about the club. They may not have had the supposed talent of the players brought in to replenish the squad but by God they’d have fought hard and given the fans something to SUPPORT. Unlike this shower of shite.

Of course it’s Stam’s fault it has come to this. He built the squad, he let whatever is festering inside impact the performances on the pitch.

And seriously, the conspiracy theorists suggesting that there is something very wrong at the club and it is rotten to the core etc. etc. Well yes, if the management from the top down is shite it can reach the playing side of things in some small way but all they really DEEPLY care about is picking up their money - they need structure, balance, training, motivation (what about tenacity, spirit and flair?) and Stam was clearly unable to provide the spark they needed to show those qualities this season.

Quite obviously the malaise (can I call it cancer?) is too deep for Clement to be able to turn things around without a total clear out.

The players fault, of course. But the real culprit is Jaap Stam for letting it come to this state. Unfit, undisciplined, unmotivated and un whatever else you can think of.

Rubbish. Equal blame. He let the players down with tactical inconsitensy and inexperienced management. The players let him down by being absolutely shite.

+1 Rother
But don’t try explaining to these so-called experts on here, they haven’t got a fcuking clue. The signs were there preseason, and after the first game against QPR and our troubles ran throughout this season yet 99% of the expects on here would have none of it.

Thanks Stam, you complete and utter oxf*rd novice …. And the 99% of expects on here can now fcuk off

and it's not the players fault they're shit.... they are what they are. The club gave them extended contracts, signed the new players and not without Stam's approval.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 20:25

The thing that made me really mad, is that I spent the first 70-80 minutes singing and shouting constant positivity. I joined in the songs I can't stand, backed the twat with the megaphone and cheered for the player's I think are an abomination.

And I got rewarded with a total capitulation to a team who lose regularly and had nothing to play for with some of the most pathetically amateurish defending and obvious giving up I've ever seen.

Not only that, but the players then sulk off with not many acknowledging the crowd. And then have a discussion about whether they're even going to bother coming out for their lap. And when they finally do, they look like they've been forced to at gunpoint.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2018 20:29

Whitley Bodvarsson - 5 Should've scored and unlucky to be sent off

Cl

Have to say i missed that.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 28 Apr 2018 20:33

tmesis
SCIAG
tmesis What perspective exactly sees today's game as anything other than a complete disgrace?

One that's seen us get relegated before, play much worse than that before, play at lower levels before, and go entire matches without threatening against equally-mediocre opposition. Shit happens.

Yeah, because you are clearly the only fan that's seen us relegated or play at a lower level.

I've seen plenty of worse teams than this at Reading. I've seen plenty of worse players than this lot.

I have, however, seen very few that come close to this spineless uninterested shower of big-time charlies, who barely show any flicker of enthusiasm once they step onto the pitch. They've been mailing in performances all season, and it's getting worse.

It feels like watching Reading under Terry Bullivant again, with the exception that even Bullivant's team entertained now and then. I have never seen a more boring team than this one. You watch them play, and you can't see where the next shot is going to come from, let alone the next goal.

I also struggle to think of a single Reading team more tactically shambolic than this one, as if they spend training ignoring everything that's being said, and just go out and play as individuals doing their own thing.

In terms of playing as a team, they are the worst Reading team I've seen in over 30 years. The players just have no understanding of each other's games, and can't anticipate what any of them will do. It's why we look like 11 strangers who answered an advert for players and met five minutes before the start of the match.

It's a team that doesn't have a single strength, and it's a group of spoilt players that I struggle to find any shred of affinity with.

All three of those, as well as just the fact that this is my club and I support it unconditionally

Yaay for you. Maybe they'll make a badge with "Reading's bestest supporter!!!!!" on it, just for you.

But seriously, you are happy enough with the entertainment this season to think it was worth applauding?

You really think they've showed a level of determination this season that makes you want to clap and cheer, despite them sliding down the table like a turd in a toilet, stinking the place out just as badly?

Booing your football club after a defeat is like booing your grandchildren when they get Cs on their mock GCSEs.

No. It's like having a go at them because they were capable of getting good grades, but they got crap grades because they didn't try.

Top post. I’m sick of the lot of them. The last two goals underlined the whole farce. If we stay up we will have a massive struggle.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 28 Apr 2018 20:36

Drop the lot of them and play the under 23s next week.

Biscuitman62

by Biscuitman62 » 28 Apr 2018 20:45

If we stay up then today may turn out to be a blessing in disguise as Clement judging by his comments after the game will know that he needs to get this club some balls again. To few who represent our club this season lack the characteristics that have made this club punch above its weight over many years.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Apr 2018 20:51

NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother Have been reading that this type of gutless performance shows that it really has been the players’ fault, and not Stam’s....

Rubbish.

Stam’s regime got rid of many of the promising youngsters who had come through the Academy and cared about the club. They may not have had the supposed talent of the players brought in to replenish the squad but by God they’d have fought hard and given the fans something to SUPPORT. Unlike this shower of shite.

Of course it’s Stam’s fault it has come to this. He built the squad, he let whatever is festering inside impact the performances on the pitch.

And seriously, the conspiracy theorists suggesting that there is something very wrong at the club and it is rotten to the core etc. etc. Well yes, if the management from the top down is shite it can reach the playing side of things in some small way but all they really DEEPLY care about is picking up their money - they need structure, balance, training, motivation (what about tenacity, spirit and flair?) and Stam was clearly unable to provide the spark they needed to show those qualities this season.

Quite obviously the malaise (can I call it cancer?) is too deep for Clement to be able to turn things around without a total clear out.

The players fault, of course. But the real culprit is Jaap Stam for letting it come to this state. Unfit, undisciplined, unmotivated and un whatever else you can think of.

Rubbish. Equal blame. He let the players down with tactical inconsitensy and inexperienced management. The players let him down by being absolutely shite.

Rubbish? :lol:

You’re not actually disagreeing with me to any real degree by the looks of it.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 28 Apr 2018 21:11

Berry Can Leon do a poll on whether Martin could score in a brothel, and add an option of whether he has the energy to even walk into one?

Indeed.... Jury is probably, rightly still out on Clement - however it is rather worrying, that he continues to see Martin as an impact sub, when there are arguably better options available :roll:

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 28 Apr 2018 21:16

Fox Talbot
tmesis
SCIAG One that's seen us get relegated before, play much worse than that before, play at lower levels before, and go entire matches without threatening against equally-mediocre opposition. Shit happens.

Top post. I’m sick of the lot of them. The last two goals underlined the whole farce. If we stay up we will have a massive struggle.

Well said no leaders no balls .

204 posts