CONFIMRED - David Meyler

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIMRED - David Meyler

by Denver Royal » 11 Jun 2018 15:05

NewCorkSeth Spoke to my friend back in Cork this weekend who has a fair amount of footballing contacts. He said Meyler isn't well liked by a lot of people. Arrogant and "a dick".

If that's true, I won't be losing much sleep over it yet. Pretty sure Clement will have known or heard about what he is getting. Plenty of players have held those traits over the years. Most def-mid's aren't exactly known as true gentlemen. Last season our team was filled with player's who were too 'nice', especially for this division. If he's got a bit about him, maybe he will be a good addition.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 11 Jun 2018 15:12

Victor Meldrew What qualities did that multi-capped Welsh International Chris Gunter bring to the party as captain?
Like you, I have no issue with the signing but I do feel that captaincy in football is grossly over-rated by fans and generally they don't do much more than deal with the toss at the start of a game.
There are exceptions but IMHO not many.

Well, indeed! Obviously we have different opinions about Chris Gunter, but we're both going to agree he's not appointed captain to kick ass on the pitch.
BTW isn't Meyler the one who got in an altercation with Pardew?
Not sure what that means-is he a hot-headed Irishman or just an ordinary guy, who like most of us, would happily chin our smug ex-,manager?.

He's also made it fairly clear he thinks Adkins is a bit of a dick. Whether a low tolerance of smug managers is a good or a bad thing, time will tell.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Jun 2018 15:46

Denver Royal
NewCorkSeth Spoke to my friend back in Cork this weekend who has a fair amount of footballing contacts. He said Meyler isn't well liked by a lot of people. Arrogant and "a dick".

If that's true, I won't be losing much sleep over it yet. Pretty sure Clement will have known or heard about what he is getting. Plenty of players have held those traits over the years. Most def-mid's aren't exactly known as true gentlemen. Last season our team was filled with player's who were too 'nice', especially for this division. If he's got a bit about him, maybe he will be a good addition.

Oh for sure. I'm just adding what I've heard about him to the thread. Obviously could be a load of rubbish and as you rightly say, could have np impact on whether or not he will succeed at the club.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Nov 2018 10:40

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/d ... ft-2233282

Very generous and I guess demonstrates what a jolly nice chap David must be.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Nov 2018 12:30

Denver Royal

Just watch his youtube videos. He thinks he is some sort of fifa messiah.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Nov 2018 18:03

I've watched a couple of his FIFA videos and he doesn't come across like that at all.