Josh Sims - Confimred?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Josh Sims - Confirmed?

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Aug 2018 22:29

There is no such finer rain as fine rain.

Jeez mate, turn it in.....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2018 22:38

Bod is the only striker that carries an aerial threat and currently Barrow is seemingly the only winger capable of putting in a cross.

Bod is let down in his overall play so you can see the dilemma. Baldock and McNulty aren’t much cop from distance and although both should have done better with a couple of their chances we haven’t been able to get them in the right areas for various reasons.

We’ve lacked some penetration in the oppositions box at times and if Sims can help us get into those dangerous areas and get Baldock or McNulty on the end of some balls or picking up scraps then that’s great. I actually think McNulty is more likely to get goals. The only problem is he likes to come deep.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 23:01

Berry So we had too many wingers then not enough and who will get on the end of crosses?...Bod or the tall McNulty...Who's running the club FFS

We have two many wingers. But seeing as theyre all injured and or shit and or passed it, and we seem to want to revert to 4-4-2 we probably need this guy.

Crosses don't have to be high chap. Meite and Bod are fairly tall anyway.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 23:03

Imagine writing off a new loan signing before he's even kicked a ball for us.

Some really embarrassing stuff in this thread.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2018 23:12

Old Man Andrews Imagine writing off a new loan signing before he's even kicked a ball for us.

This is Reading afterall.

I’m surprised anyone is surprised anymore.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2018 23:13

Snowflake Royal
Berry So we had too many wingers then not enough and who will get on the end of crosses?...Bod or the tall McNulty...Who's running the club FFS

We have two many wingers. But seeing as theyre all injured and or shit and or passed it, and we seem to want to revert to 4-4-2 we probably need this guy.

I’m not a massive fan of Meite through the middle but would probably prefer him to Bod. Perhaps Meite and McNulty could be an interesting front two. Certainly has a ring to it if nothing else!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 23:21

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal

I’m not a massive fan of Meite through the middle but would probably prefer him to Bod. Perhaps Meite and McNulty could be an interesting front two. Certainly has a ring to it if nothing else!

What I'd like to see is the same attacking collective, be it one two or three, given five games to build some sort of understanding and partnership.

I prefer Bod to Meite, he has his limitations but he's more polished, I'd rather Yak as an attacking sub. Personally my preference is Bod and McNulty. But really I don't care which of them it is, so long as they get a bloody chance to build something before the pack is shuffled yet again.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2018 23:24

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal We have two many wingers. But seeing as theyre all injured and or shit and or passed it, and we seem to want to revert to 4-4-2 we probably need this guy.

What I'd like to see is the same attacking collective, be it one two or three, given five games to build some sort of understanding and partnership.

I prefer Bod to Meite, he has his limitations but he's more polished, I'd rather Yak as an attacking sub. Personally my preference is Bod and McNulty. But really I don't care which of them it is, so long as they get a bloody chance to build something before the pack is shuffled yet again.

It’s a good point about consistency and we now have a chance to do that. Baldock and McNulty have had two games together now and have shown glimpses of promise. Will he stick with it?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 23:36

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

It’s a good point about consistency and we now have a chance to do that. Baldock and McNulty have had two games together now and have shown glimpses of promise. Will he stick with it?

Not my preferred pairing by any stretch, but yeah, they should get at least a couple more. Still no goals, switch it up.

I'm willing to bet either they won't, or those with the responsibility to supply them will be changed constantly.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Aug 2018 00:11

I’m warming to Méïté. Only turned 22 this year. Good signing by Stam, and then a good loan out. Has stuff in his locker we don’t, re. Champ. Wish he was couple inches taller. Not sure he’s a wide player, reckon Clement gives him minutes there to get him on the park. Worried he may get squeezed out by numbers now.
Ian, good points re. settled side. Not sure what our 1st eleven is/should be right now? It seems too fluid.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Aug 2018 01:59

Old Man Andrews Imagine writing off a new loan signing before he's even kicked a ball for us.

If you are surprised by that you are in the wrong place, I think we have the most fickle bunch in the country.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2018 06:38

Baldock will be first choice I expect

Think we have good options on paper. Just getting them to actually perform

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2018 07:27

Denver Royal I’m warming to Méïté. Only turned 22 this year. Good signing by Stam, and then a good loan out. Has stuff in his locker we don’t, re. Champ. Wish he was couple inches taller. Not sure he’s a wide player, reckon Clement gives him minutes there to get him on the park. Worried he may get squeezed out by numbers now.
Ian, good points re. settled side. Not sure what our 1st eleven is/should be right now? It seems too fluid.

Is fluid another word for shit? I can't even work out our best shape let alone XI. It should include Yiadom, Moore, Ilori, Obita and Barrow, but oxf*rd knows on the rest.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Aug 2018 07:42

Wingers are allowed to score, I think.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 21 Aug 2018 08:58

Denver Royal I’m warming to Méïté. Only turned 22 this year. Good signing by Stam, and then a good loan out. Has stuff in his locker we don’t, re. Champ. Wish he was couple inches taller. Not sure he’s a wide player, reckon Clement gives him minutes there to get him on the park. Worried he may get squeezed out by numbers now.

If we wanted to go more direct he is easily the most adept at flicking the ball on. He wins headers up against defenders with his back to goal. This is something neither Bod nor any other forward we currently have is capable of. Whether he can attack a ball crossed into the penalty area in the way Bod can remains to be seen. I'm not sure he's a winger really ( I have real bugbear in the modern game and I see it on here a lot too about players who aren't wingers being described as such)* but the temptation to play him out wide where he can be a pretty effective as an aerial outlet or with his pace is clearly there for Clement.

* Aluko is not a winger. Aside from spunking too much money on him our biggest oxf*rd has been constantly playing him as one and expecting a positive outcome.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Aug 2018 09:22

It really says something about my club when people are getting enthusiastic at the prospect of a Southampton reserve joining us on loan.

Just fold now :cry:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2018 09:28

Vision * Aluko is not a winger. Aside from spunking too much money on him our biggest oxf*rd has been constantly playing him as one and expecting a positive outcome.

What is he then. He isn't a central midfielder or striker either. Wing appears to be the place where he's best.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Aug 2018 09:31

Sutekh
Vision * Aluko is not a winger. Aside from spunking too much money on him our biggest oxf*rd has been constantly playing him as one and expecting a positive outcome.

What is he then. He isn't a central midfielder or striker either. Wing appears to be the place where he's best.

He is most definitely a winger. He might not be a very good one but that is his natural position.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 21 Aug 2018 09:32

We have brought in someone who can beat a man and put a cross in. This is a great loan signing. It does not matter about our CF heading ability in the box, it really does not matter. crosses don't have to be big looping balls into the box. Just get the ball in there and make them defend.
People keep questioning why we have too many wingers and not enough goal scorers........ are we not playing potential goal scorers out wide????

under the tin

by under the tin » 21 Aug 2018 09:34

Sutekh

He's a dribbler.
Reminds me of some of the lads in the playground back at Alfred Sutton boys.
Dribble all day long, absolutely no concept of it being a team game, so seldom pass the ball, just run into traffic, and then lose the ball.
Oh the seventies.........