Ex Players

3131 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ex Players

by morganb » 05 Jul 2021 07:56

Not an ex player but -

Former Chelsea and Reading chief executive Ron Gourlay is working with West Brom as a consultant on a wide range of areas, including transfers

Hidden in this article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... ssion=true

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Jul 2021 10:14

Is it wrong to be happy at the success Emi Martinez has had since his loan spell here? Seems like nothing but an upward trajectory since then and has even become Argentina's first choice keeper.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jul 2021 11:10

morganb Not an ex player but -

Former Chelsea and Reading chief executive Ron Gourlay is working with West Brom as a consultant on a wide range of areas, including transfers

Hidden in this article

Good luck, Baggies!!!!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2021 11:59

From Despair To Where?
morganb Not an ex player but -

Hidden in this article

Good luck, Baggies!!!!!

wow. After wrecking us, thought the last place anyone would want him is anywhere near the transfer strategy

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jul 2021 12:15

4 year contract in B71 for Sone Aluko then.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 05 Jul 2021 12:22

tidus_mi2 Is it wrong to be happy at the success Emi Martinez has had since his loan spell here? Seems like nothing but an upward trajectory since then and has even become Argentina's first choice keeper.

Not sure why would it be wrong? We helped his development - so not quite proud parent, more like proud aunty.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 05 Jul 2021 12:28

tidus_mi2 Is it wrong to be happy at the success Emi Martinez has had since his loan spell here? Seems like nothing but an upward trajectory since then and has even become Argentina's first choice keeper.

Arsenal f**ked up releasing him
Now on the lookout for a new keeper when they had him all along

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jul 2021 13:03

RFCMod

That is one of the greatest footballing mysteries of the century.
He was clearly better than anything they had and took a relative pittance of a bid from Villa

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Champions League club for a massive profit for Villa (not Rangers or Celtic, obviously)

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Jul 2021 22:53

Callum harriott in court on charges of rape

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 06 Jul 2021 12:54

Franchise FC
RFCMod

That is one of the greatest footballing mysteries of the century.
He was clearly better than anything they had and took a relative pittance of a bid from Villa

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Champions League club for a massive profit for Villa (not Rangers or Celtic, obviously)

Somewhere like a Spanish team

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Jul 2021 16:10

Sam Walker has joined Kilmarnock on a two-year deal after leaving Reading

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Jul 2021 07:39

Uche Ikpeazu has joined Middlesbrough from Wycombe on a 3 year deal

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 Jul 2021 07:57

muirinho

Not sure why would it be wrong? We helped his development - so not quite proud parent, more like proud aunty.

Even prouder aunty now seeing as little Emi saved 3/5 penalties in the Copa America semi-final shootout for Argentina overnight.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Jul 2021 08:45

Incredibly happy to have been part of the Martinez journey. I am not one for following the careers of ex-Reading players too closely but I really saw something in Martinez when he was with us, you could see he was way above Championship level and could go all the way to the top. He is now an established Premier League keeper and first choice for his country, easily one of the better Premier League keepers too in my opinion.

Arsenal really picked the wrong horse didn't they? Martinez > Leno.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2021 09:01

NathStPaul Incredibly happy to have been part of the Martinez journey. I am not one for following the careers of ex-Reading players too closely but I really saw something in Martinez when he was with us, you could see he was way above Championship level and could go all the way to the top. He is now an established Premier League keeper and first choice for his country, easily one of the better Premier League keepers too in my opinion.

Arsenal really picked the wrong horse didn't they? Martinez > Leno.

Agreed. Feels like his time with us was a sliding doors moment for his career. If the loan hadn't happened and his stock raised as a result, then I doubt he would be anywhere near the level he is now at.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Jul 2021 09:09

Could not be happier for Martinez and nothing wrong with being proud. It was obvious he was a top keeper and lovely guy to boot, who cared passionately about our relegation battle even though a player of his ability should never have been involved in one. Glad to see him showing the world what he's capable of. Can I bring myself to support Argentina? The injustices of 86 and 98 are a long time ago, but the thought still feels dirty.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Jul 2021 09:44

WestYorksRoyal Could not be happier for Martinez and nothing wrong with being proud. It was obvious he was a top keeper and lovely guy to boot, who cared passionately about our relegation battle even though a player of his ability should never have been involved in one. Glad to see him showing the world what he's capable of. Can I bring myself to support Argentina? The injustices of 86 and 98 are a long time ago, but the thought still feels dirty.

I think it's easy to support Argentina when they're involved in a tournament that England will never be a part of.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jul 2021 14:51

As of today....Sam Smith, off to Cambridge on a freebie

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Jul 2021 16:27

AthleticoSpizz As of today....Sam Smith, off to Cambridge on a freebie

Filed away in same folder as Teddy Howe.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 07 Jul 2021 21:20

paultheroyal
AthleticoSpizz As of today....Sam Smith, off to Cambridge on a freebie

Filed away in same folder as Teddy Howe.

I remember the 1 game Smith was good for us

3131 posts