Ex Players

3097 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ex Players

by blythspartan » 05 Jul 2022 17:19

Sounds like Sam Smith is going to MK Dons for a 5 figure sum. It’s ironic that they let Wickham go and are now signing Smith.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Jul 2022 19:19

blythspartan Sounds like Sam Smith is going to MK Dons for a 5 figure sum. It’s ironic that they let Wickham go and are now signing Smith.

Will they stay with him?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 06 Jul 2022 09:24

Like signing 10,000 spoons when they need a knife

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jul 2022 10:50

Hark at Alanis up there.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Jul 2022 09:24

Omar Richards ‘frimmed as a Forest player

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Jul 2022 18:39

AthleticoSpizz Omar Richards ‘frimmed as a Forest player

Although he left on a free I'm sure we still get compensation as he's been sold on for a fee?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2022 18:53

Mid Sussex Royal

Although he left on a free I'm sure we still get compensation as he's been sold on for a fee?

International transfers have different rules. Not necessarily.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jul 2022 19:07

Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal

We will, but not a lot. 5% of his fee to be shared across all clubs he was with between the ages of 12 and 24. Number 3 of possible payments listed in my post here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189397&start=200#p5266596

More info here but the relevant bit I've quoted just below

https://www.fai.ie/domestic/governance/ ... n-payments

If a transfer occurs between different jurisdictions when a player is in contract and when a player transfers between clubs from the same Association who was trained by clubs outside the Associations jurisdiction, the fee is then negotiable and 5% of this amount is then distributed pro rata to all clubs involved in his training since the season of his 12th birthday.

Solidarity Contribution - Payment breakdown
When a professional moves during the course of a contract, 5% of any compensation, with the exception of Training Compensation, paid to his Former Club shall be deducted from the total amount of this compensation and distributed by the New Club as a solidarity contribution to the club(s) involved in his training and education over the years (calculated pro rata if less than one year) he was registered with the relevant club(s) between the Seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays, as follows:

• Season of 12th birthday: 5%
• Season of 13th birthday: 5%
• Season of 14th birthday: 5%
• Season of 15th birthday: 5%
• Season of 16th birthday: 10%
• Season of 17th birthday: 10%
• Season of 18h birthday: 10%
• Season of 19th birthday: 10%
• Season of 20th birthday: 10%
• Season of 21st birthday: 10%
• Season of 22nd birthday: 10%
• Season of 23rd birthday: 10%
• Total = 100%

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jul 2022 19:09

Couldn't they have got him last year for free? Seems poor business by them. Unless he turned them down of course.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2022 19:37

muirinho

Couldn't they have got him last year for free? Seems poor business by them. Unless he turned them down of course.

Yep sure Omar didn’t think long about choosing between and mid table champ side (at the time) and Bayern

Have to say I’m a bit unconvinced by him. He was excellent for half a year but really fell away imo after Christmas and was no great shakes the season before

Very good defensively but not sure he offers a lot coming forward

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 10 Jul 2022 22:55

muirinho
Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal

We will, but not a lot. 5% of his fee to be shared across all clubs he was with between the ages of 12 and 24. Number 3 of possible payments listed in my post here

If a transfer occurs between different jurisdictions when a player is in contract and when a player transfers between clubs from the same Association who was trained by clubs outside the Associations jurisdiction, the fee is then negotiable and 5% of this amount is then distributed pro rata to all clubs involved in his training since the season of his 12th birthday.

When a professional moves during the course of a contract, 5% of any compensation, with the exception of Training Compensation, paid to his Former Club shall be deducted from the total amount of this compensation and distributed by the New Club as a solidarity contribution to the club(s) involved in his training and education over the years (calculated pro rata if less than one year) he was registered with the relevant club(s) between the Seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays, as follows:

• Total = 100%

Excellent post.

I will add/clarify - if Richards had moved to an English team (rather than Bayern Munich) then we would have received compensation. Because he moved abroad, the FA's rules don't apply (as Ian alluded to).

This time, as your post says, he is moving internationally for a fee, so we're entitled to solidarity payments - as are Fulham.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jul 2022 08:20

muirinho
Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal

• Total = 100%

So he was 15 when he joined us - so we get 85% of the 5% with Fulham getting the other 15%.

It has been reported as anywhere between 8 to 10m GBP - so lets take the lower 8m. 5% of that is 400k. 85% is 340k. Not tons but it helps.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 11 Jul 2022 10:27

Stranded
muirinho
Snowflake Royal International transfers have different rules. Not necessarily.

• Total = 100%

So he was 15 when he joined us - so we get 85% of the 5% with Fulham getting the other 15%.

It has been reported as anywhere between 8 to 10m GBP - so lets take the lower 8m. 5% of that is 400k. 85% is 340k. Not tons but it helps.

I think €10million is widely accepted as being the price, and the variances are downing to different currency exchange rates being used, and people mistaking euro for stg. At todays rates, €10million is approx £8.45million

May I say in passing how the FAI website is a model of clarity with regards to how these payments work - as opposed to being sent from pillar to post on the FA website. Quite possibly a reflection of how much League Of Ireland clubs rely on this solidarity contribution

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jul 2022 12:06

Hound
muirinho

Yep sure Omar didn’t think long about choosing between and mid table champ side (at the time) and Bayern

Have to say I’m a bit unconvinced by him. He was excellent for half a year but really fell away imo after Christmas and was no great shakes the season before

Yeh with you on this. The Nick Blackman of LBs. Reckon he'll be back in the Championship next season.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 11 Jul 2022 12:46

Yep with Forest

Pepe the Horseman
Hound
muirinho

Yeh with you on this. The Nick Blackman of LBs. Reckon he'll be back in the Championship next season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jul 2022 13:06

RFCMod Yep with Forest

Pepe the Horseman
Hound

Hopefully.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Jul 2022 15:43

Was curious if anyone else was unconvinced Richards would be Premier League ready and it appears others definitely have the same thoughts. Bayern saw a good option in him, back up to Davies so of course barely played and then flogged him off a season later for £10m, all in all, great business for them and we can have the honour of being mugged off by the best team in Germany.

In Richards and Williams, Forest could well have the weakest full backs in the Prem.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Jul 2022 15:46

tidus_mi2 Was curious if anyone else was unconvinced Richards would be Premier League ready and it appears others definitely have the same thoughts. Bayern saw a good option in him, back up to Davies so of course barely played and then flogged him off a season later for £10m, all in all, great business for them and we can have the honour of being mugged off by the best team in Germany.

In Richards and Williams, Forest could well have the weakest full backs in the Prem.

I generally thought after the season he had before he moved that Richards was looking capable of making the step up to the PL. Had an underwhelming second half of the season granted a couple of years ago but got a good move to Bayern. I think there are worse full backs than him in the PL, deserves an opportunity to prove himself though.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Jul 2022 15:46

It's probably a sensible signing for Forest if building a team that they can keep together if they go down.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 11 Jul 2022 17:08

tidus_mi2 Was curious if anyone else was unconvinced Richards would be Premier League ready and it appears others definitely have the same thoughts. Bayern saw a good option in him, back up to Davies so of course barely played and then flogged him off a season later for £10m, all in all, great business for them and we can have the honour of being mugged off by the best team in Germany.

Take a look at Bournemouth and Fulham.

3097 posts