Ex Players

3107 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ex Players

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2023 12:41

Hound Well Laurent would be the obvious one. Probably along with Rino then I suspect Incey has added an extra 1 or 2 for effect :)

Morro is probably very unlikely but just about possible...

Struggling to think who else Ince would have worked with. Doesn’t really apply to Drinkwater...

Perhaps a sneaky 4d chess shot across the bows of a couple agitating for a Jan move as well.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jan 2023 13:57

Is anyone agitating for a move? Joao maybe but hes gone in the summer anyway, I reckon.

I think it's a nudge to the likes of Meite who may be entering contract negotiations in the next couple of months. Is that extra £3k a week elsewhere really worth it?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2023 14:46

Snowflake Royal
Hound Well Laurent would be the obvious one. Probably along with Rino then I suspect Incey has added an extra 1 or 2 for effect :)

Struggling to think who else Ince would have worked with. Doesn’t really apply to Drinkwater...

Perhaps a sneaky 4d chess shot across the bows of a couple agitating for a Jan move as well.

Yeah not sure Morro had much of a say into whether he was leaving or not, doubt he got more money either

But yeah I expect it’s a bit of Ince playing some games here as well. I like the prioritisation of team spirit etc. I’m guessing from the comments that this is what Ejaria actually did wrong - prob being sulky and refusing to join in or something

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2023 20:34

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Yeah not sure Morro had much of a say into whether he was leaving or not, doubt he got more money either

But yeah I expect it’s a bit of Ince playing some games here as well. I like the prioritisation of team spirit etc. I’m guessing from the comments that this is what Ejaria actually did wrong - prob being sulky and refusing to join in or something

For Morro, I could see him being potentially offered a big pay cut and going elsewhere for a smaller paycut, but.its unlikely. I get the feeling he wasn't offered anything.

Ejaria has never really looked part of the 'group'. Fine if you deliver, but Royal Mail make him look bad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2023 21:39

:lol: Royal Mail. What a joker organisation that lot are now

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Jan 2023 09:04

Leroy Lita now 38 has joined Ilkeston Town who play in the Southern league premier central.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jan 2023 12:02

In what way could Ilkeston ever be categorised as Southern?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 14 Jan 2023 12:13

Royals and Racers Leroy Lita now 38 has joined Ilkeston Town who play in the Southern league premier central.

Whenever I hear Lita’s name I always get the visuals to go with it…

15 years now since the tape?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2023 18:26

From Despair To Where? In what way could Ilkeston ever be categorised as Southern?
the same as Brackley and Banbury are categorised as Northern

Mad aint it?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jan 2023 18:46

AthleticoSpizz
From Despair To Where? In what way could Ilkeston ever be categorised as Southern?

Mad aint it?

I get that some clubs might be in the cusp of the boundaries for Northern and Southern leagues but none of these are that close.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Jan 2023 10:01

From Despair To Where?
AthleticoSpizz

Mad aint it?

I get that some clubs might be in the cusp of the boundaries for Northern and Southern leagues but none of these are that close.

I've just about got used to Brackley and Banbury being in the North! But if thats the cusp, it's even more ridiculous to think Ilkeston is South!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2023 10:14

bcubed
From Despair To Where?
AthleticoSpizz the same as Brackley and Banbury are categorised as Northern

Mad aint it?

I've just about got used to Brackley and Banbury being in the North! But if thats the cusp, it's even more ridiculous to think Ilkeston is South!

Just the utter weirdness of league constitution, poor Gloucester have to pretty much make the same journey up the M5 every other week rather than get to play the likes of Bath and Chippenham in what would probably be decent local derbies for them.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jan 2023 15:28

Mo Barrow has left Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors to join Al-Ahli Saudi. Probably not earning quite the same as Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro at Al-Nassr though.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Jan 2023 11:16

Beautifully placed goal from Jon Swift last night with his LEFT foot.

It hasn't been all plain sailing for him at WBA but I would like to see him make it to the Premier League at some time in his career, and preferably with good players around him, to see if he can hold his own at that level.
As with Olise, I think he is made for Premier League football rather than the rough and tumble of lower league stuff.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jan 2023 06:32

Olise proving your point with a stunning free kick to equalise in the last min

Funny non celebration as well. Well played young man

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Jan 2023 08:21

Hound Olise proving your point with a stunning free kick to equalise in the last min

I'm assuming Palace fans are as angry about that as a not insignificant proportion of Reading fans used to be?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jan 2023 08:42

Stranded
Hound Olise proving your point with a stunning free kick to equalise in the last min

I'm assuming Palace fans are as angry about that as a not insignificant proportion of Reading fans used to be?

I do hope so

Interesting to see he is playing 90mins regularly for them now whilst the likes of Eze are on the bench

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Jan 2023 09:38

Jose Gomes has Marítimo in the relegation zone in Portugal. They have spent the past 40 years in the top division.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jan 2023 09:58

Winston Biscuit Jose Gomes has Marítimo in the relegation zone in Portugal. They have spent the past 40 years in the top division.

He was only appointed on 14 December 22 though.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Jan 2023 10:00

Sutekh
Winston Biscuit Jose Gomes has Marítimo in the relegation zone in Portugal. They have spent the past 40 years in the top division.

He was only appointed on 14 December 22 though.

I hadn't even noticed that he left them 2 1/2 years ago, managed 3 other clubs since and now gone back to them again :lol:

3107 posts