Ex Players

3107 posts
Brain Traysers

Re: Ex Players

by Brain Traysers » 28 Oct 2019 17:15

URZZZZ Stam struggling at Feyenoord, 2-0 defeat at Young Boys today. Seems they're giving away cheap goals regularly, begs the question has he learnt from his time here? At least they had 63% of the ball though :?

Reportedly now sacked following the 4-0 loss to Ajax (4-0 at HT too), leaving Feyenoord 12th in the 18-team league - they are also bottom of their Europa League group after 3 games. Liam Kelly has only managed 1 league game, and 20 mins in a Europa League qualifier since his move. He hasn't made the bench in the last 2 games.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2019 17:32

Yeah confirmed he has gone. Resigned before being pushed

Stam’s Stock falling pretty rapidly. Wonder what Kelly is going to do with himself for the next 2.5 years of his contract

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 17:33

Brain Traysers
URZZZZ Stam struggling at Feyenoord, 2-0 defeat at Young Boys today. Seems they're giving away cheap goals regularly, begs the question has he learnt from his time here? At least they had 63% of the ball though :?

Reportedly now sacked following the 4-0 loss to Ajax (4-0 at HT too), leaving Feyenoord 12th in the 18-team league - they are also bottom of their Europa League group after 3 games. Liam Kelly has only managed 1 league game, and 20 mins in a Europa League qualifier since his move. He hasn't made the bench in the last 2 games.

Yeah, he's resigned. Begs the question why didn't he resign at us when it was so clear it wasn't working towards the end. Still, he's a relatively young manager and still has a relatively good reputation after his first season at us. However, his next job could be a make or break one for him given his failures at Feyenoord

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2019 17:42

URZZZZ
Brain Traysers

Yeah, he's resigned. Begs the question why didn't he resign at us when it was so clear it wasn't working towards the end. Still, he's a relatively young manager and still has a relatively good reputation after his first season at us. However, his next job could be a make or break one for him given his failures at Feyenoord

Thoughts with mafff at this most difficult time.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2019 17:49

Leave it Ian. He is still getting over McCleary and Baldock being back in the side

biff

by biff » 01 Nov 2019 12:46

Met Martin Hicks at the Athletico Bilbao v PSG international prem game at aldershot last night, working as a Team liaison officer. Lovely bloke, reckons he could get into the current team on one leg.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Nov 2019 13:36

biff Met Martin Hicks at the Athletico Bilbao v PSG international prem game at aldershot last night, working as a Team liaison officer. Lovely bloke, reckons he could get into the current team on one leg.

PSG or Bilbao?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Nov 2019 10:14

see Gomes has got himself a new gig back in Portugal. Good luck to him there

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Nov 2019 11:00

How’s Lewis Baker getting on anyone know?

Another one who would fit well into this new balanced team.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Nov 2019 11:03

paultheroyal How’s Lewis Baker getting on anyone know?

Doesn't look like he is setting the world alight - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/136772/Show/Lewis-Baker

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Nov 2019 11:13

Hendo
paultheroyal How’s Lewis Baker getting on anyone know?

Doesn't look like he is setting the world alight - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/136772/Show/Lewis-Baker

Rumour is Chelsea put him on a very healthy long term contract. I'd be surprised if we're able lure him back permanently. Maybe another loan, but right now I don't think he'd be a first choice for our midfield anyway (though excellent backup/competition for Swift and Ejaria)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Nov 2019 11:30

interestingly* , I actually thought exactly the same yesterday. Thought if someone snaps up Swift, he'd be an ideal replacement.

Obvs depends on the finances. Doesn't seem to be doing well anywhere except here tbh

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Nov 2019 11:55

Düsseldorf are in the top flight so not surprising he’s finding it a bit harder, but he did look good enough for that level when he was here.

I think he’d walk into this side tbh. Rino’s in reasonable form but he’s not a patch on Baker.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Nov 2019 12:10

Saeid Ezatolahi now on loan at Belgian club Eupen(from Rostov), can`t seem to get a game. Only 23 and a decent player when fit.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Nov 2019 12:36

SCIAG Düsseldorf are in the top flight so not surprising he’s finding it a bit harder, but he did look good enough for that level when he was here.

I think he’d walk into this side tbh. Rino’s in reasonable form but he’s not a patch on Baker.

Totally wrong role for him. Rinomhota gets around, shields the backline and provides athleticism and muscle. Baker maybe has a bit of intelligence to sit back and intercept, but no manager in their right mind would play Baker-Swift-Ejaria. Hopelessly imbalanced.

Ultimately 5 midfield options would be excellent. Rino and Pele for the defensive role, Swift, Ejaria and A.N.Other to be more creative and technical. Baker would fill in the final spot well, and I'm sure would get plenty of game time.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Nov 2019 13:28

WestYorksRoyal
SCIAG Düsseldorf are in the top flight so not surprising he’s finding it a bit harder, but he did look good enough for that level when he was here.

Totally wrong role for him. Rinomhota gets around, shields the backline and provides athleticism and muscle. Baker maybe has a bit of intelligence to sit back and intercept, but no manager in their right mind would play Baker-Swift-Ejaria. Hopelessly imbalanced.

Ultimately 5 midfield options would be excellent. Rino and Pele for the defensive role, Swift, Ejaria and A.N.Other to be more creative and technical. Baker would fill in the final spot well, and I'm sure would get plenty of game time.

I politely disagree, not least because Baker has successfully played that role before for Chelsea and England at youth level. For example at the Toulon tournament he was the deepest lying in a midfield three with Ward-Prowse and Loftus-Cheek.

Ejaria can do the hassling and harrying, let Baker sit and shield like a better version of our Pele.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Nov 2019 16:55

Baker seems to have had two successful loan spells so far, here and at Vitesse. Anyone know what formation Vitesse played whilst he was playing for them?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Nov 2019 16:56

Royals and Racers Saeid Ezatolahi now on loan at Belgian club Eupen(from Rostov), can`t seem to get a game. Only 23 and a decent player when fit.

Reminded me of Leigertwood a bit. Good player off the ball but wasn't the greatest in possession. Would have suited a McDermott team I think

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2019 20:19

I think I'd pick last season's Baker over any of our current three.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Nov 2019 08:59

Snowflake Royal

I think I'd pick last season's Baker over any of our current three.

I can't agree with that, Baker was good yes, but this season Swift and Ovie have been outstanding, playing above a level that I haven't seen in a Reading shirt for a long time.

3107 posts