Ex Players

3107 posts
JedMaxwell

Re: Ex Players

by JedMaxwell » 06 Jan 2023 07:23

Pepe the Horseman Oliver Pendlebury signs for Aldershot. What happened there? Scored twice in his second game for Wycombe but then only made a total of 4 appearances.

He's a tidy, technical, central midfielder who's a bit slight. I wonder why it didn't work out at Gareth Ainsworth's Wycombe...

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Jan 2023 07:26

Pepe the Horseman Oliver Pendlebury signs for Aldershot. What happened there? Scored twice in his second game for Wycombe but then only made a total of 4 appearances.

He'd just started playing (and scored a couple of goals) for Farnborough recently so this move to Aldershot comes as a bit of a surprise.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Jan 2023 07:51

Snowflake Royal Ouchie. Such a big start to Championship football and his career is quickly deflating.

Signed by the previous manager and barely been fit, so, if true, not a massive shock. Will get a move and do a decent job for someone.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jan 2023 08:33

Stranded Stoke apparently willing to let Josh Laurent go this month.

Noticed he was on their bench the other day which I thought was strange as I thought he'd have been a regular there, obviously not. Will go to another Championship club I don't doubt. Someone like a Hull, Bristol City or Cardiff I'd have thought.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 06 Jan 2023 10:34

Former fan of the East Stand, Morrison leaving Cardiff. Always loved those 50 yard cross-field passes out of defence.... and over the touchline

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jan 2023 10:50

morganb

He'd just started playing (and scored a couple of goals) for Farnborough recently so this move to Aldershot comes as a bit of a surprise.

I’ve seen him play for Farnboro and he really didn’t stand out, but suspect his style isn’t really suited to NLS which is a little ‘frantic’. Haven’t seen Kuhl at Slough but would be interested to see how he copes with this level.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jan 2023 16:58

Nameless
morganb

I’ve seen him play for Farnboro and he really didn’t stand out, but suspect his style isn’t really suited to NLS which is a little ‘frantic’. Haven’t seen Kuhl at Slough but would be interested to see how he copes with this level.

Kuhl has been doing great at Slough by all accounts.

Sounds like Pendlebury had a clause or just didn't sign a perm contract, which allowed him to move on as soon as he got a better offer, so presumably was doing OK at Farnborough.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2023 18:04

Stranded
Snowflake Royal Ouchie. Such a big start to Championship football and his career is quickly deflating.

Signed by the previous manager and barely been fit, so, if true, not a massive shock. Will get a move and do a decent job for someone.

Yes saw this knocking about on Twitter. Was first choice, got injured and just working his way back

Reckon he doesn’t get on with the manager or something.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 06 Jan 2023 18:07

SWLR Former fan of the East Stand, Morrison leaving Cardiff. Always loved those 50 yard cross-field passes out of defence.... and over the touchline

Think you might be thinking of Matt Millishit and his middle finger?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 06 Jan 2023 18:16

YorkshireRoyal99

Noticed he was on their bench the other day which I thought was strange as I thought he'd have been a regular there, obviously not. Will go to another Championship club I don't doubt. Someone like a Hull, Bristol City or Cardiff I'd have thought.

Cardiff were interested him in the summer along with Rinomhota. They won’t be able to sign him at the moment until they pay Nantes what they owe them. He would do really well in Sheffield United’s current side in a holding role to let Berge have the chance to roam.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jan 2023 09:17

Given where Sheffield United are in the league, I doubt Laurent would be high on their shopping list and he'd be mad go there for 5 months of football.

I could see him ending up somewhere like QPR or Preston.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Jan 2023 11:04

Pepe the Horseman
Nameless
morganb

Sounds like Pendlebury had a clause or just didn't sign a perm contract, which allowed him to move on as soon as he got a better offer, so presumably was doing OK at Farnborough.

Sure I saw on twitter the other day he’d won a MOTM at Slough.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2023 11:13

From Despair To Where? Given where Sheffield United are in the league, I doubt Laurent would be high on their shopping list and he'd be mad go there for 5 months of football.

I could see him ending up somewhere like QPR or Preston.

Yeah, he's also not exactly good at being disciplined and holding either. After his first 6 months here he just rampaged everywhere without much restraint.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Jan 2023 13:44

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Nameless

Sure I saw on twitter the other day he’d won a MOTM at Slough.

I think he was their player of the year.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Jan 2023 23:08

oldebiscuit
Snowflake Royal
oldebiscuit
You just can’t help yourself can you? Where does it say that I think that I should get a say in what they should do? And, in my opinion (that I am totally entitled to without you unqualified disdain), I am against it for a number of reasons, and one is that it is not a gesture in favour of racial equality, it is just a fashion that young men love to go along with and be part of, it’s not for unity, it’s for fun, as I have already stated.
Another reason is, do you actually think that a racist is going to watch the taking of the knee and say to him/herself that “ oh! I’d better not be a racist anymore “? I don’t think so.
If you want to do something to show your objection to racism is that the next time you hear someone spouting out some racist stuff, then confront and object, but then I suspect you haven’t got the spine to do this and would rather hide behind a cowardly keyboard.
Change doesn’t happen until action is taken, real action of confrontation, not poncey aerobics or big statements on websites. Remember, see a racist…….confront. Get It?

So you know what they're doing it for better than them, i direct contradiction of what they say?

You're saying they should stop. That IS trying to dictate how they protest.

I'll tell you one thing for sure. Taking a knee may not convince anyone to stop being racist, but it certainly doesn't hurt and lobbying people to stop taking the knee WILL embolden racists. Because it's a victory for them.

You’re doing it again, I haven’t said anything that you are claiming that I have. And what will embolden racists is people that merely condemn racism from behind the safety of a keyboard and nothing else. Do you think Rosa Parks should have conducted her actions via a keyboard or make the physical stand where the action was actually needed?

It’s a shame because this site was once an interesting, well contributed and fairly light hearted site, but contributors are now staying away in numbers, and it’s thanks to people like you and your like minded cronies that hover around, poking your nose into every thread like you’re some kind of authority (which you most certainly are not), picking up on the slightest error and not missing your chance to try and bully someone with your unwanted opinions.

+1 well said

Ian is the worst on here, he has little 5 feet 2 inch man syndrome and just attacks and makes snipey bullying remarks for no reason

Hes the reason this site has gone downhill

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Jan 2023 23:10

Snowflake Royal Amusing that the old bigot thinks he has any insight into whether I challenge racism in person or not.

Or bringing up Rosa Parks taking a stand where she experiences discrimination as right (presumably because it was long ago in the US so doesn’t threaten him in his comfy white privelege), but football players doing so in their professional environment are wrong.

LOL @ the idea that he has any insight into the motivations of black 20 something footballers to understand them better than they do.

Point above proven

Calling somebody you don't know an old bigot, a needless attack and bullying

And you claimed you give a oxf*rd about your colleagues mental health at work or you care about people when they commit suicide, knowing the way you are we can all tell the real you

Let me guess.... "oh you are mental/subnormal/deranged/spaz" like you've called me before

Yeah I am so what?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Jan 2023 23:14

Anyway back on track after Ian ruined the thread, (btw I support taking the knee and understand why it's done)

Le fondre missed 2 back to back penalties
In the 95th minute

SIGN HIM UP!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Jan 2023 12:49

Oh dear Alfie

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2023 14:48

YorkshireRoyal99

started at Hartlepools today, but then…..it’s only the FA Cup

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 Jan 2023 15:49

Rinomhota awarded MotM in televised Cardiff-Leeds Cup tie.

3107 posts