12%
Ian Royal
12%

Total votes: 139
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Clement

by windermereROYAL » 06 Dec 2018 10:18

Won`t be long before we are getting on the back of the new boss whoever that may be.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 06 Dec 2018 10:19

Who Moved The Goalposts? Johnny Fordham hinting at Murty coming home. Not sure I'd want that, tbh.

no thanks.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Dec 2018 10:24

Who Moved The Goalposts? Johnny Fordham hinting at Murty coming home. Not sure I'd want that, tbh.
Well it is Christmas so it makes sense he'll be heading home to see family.

On a serious note, He was part of the 106 team and he would have picked up a few things from Coppell on how the team came together as one, maybe even get us playing the same style.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 10:29

Forbury Lion

On a serious note, He was part of the 106 team and he would have picked up a few things from Coppell on how the team came together as one, maybe even get us playing the same style.

Same way Utd players turned manager picked up things from Fergie?

Say no to yet another inexperienced appointee.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Dec 2018 10:38

Lower West
Vision Madejski's done a really good PR job for the club and especially for Clement with that interview. Clement now has something of a clean slate for the majority of his reign so far now that Gourlay has been made responsible for our recent woes. Lets hope he can make the most of it.

Never one not to mince his words. Highly likely the interview was given with approval of the clubs owners. What's required is some long term planning. We've had enough of quick fixes. That fizzle out.

Well it looks like Clement's clean slate didn't quite come in the manner expected. ;-)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 10:42

Holy shitballs.

retro royal

by retro royal » 06 Dec 2018 10:43

retro royal If it's rumored to be what I heard last week the next appointment is terrible and would rather stick with clement, but I'm going to put money on it before I disclose when the bookies open said market.

Shit it's happened https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/d ... l-clement/

Right got my money on @25's, I give you no other than Chris Coleman, I really hope I lose this bet

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Dec 2018 10:48

retro royal
retro royal If it's rumored to be what I heard last week the next appointment is terrible and would rather stick with clement, but I'm going to put money on it before I disclose when the bookies open said market.

Right got my money on @25's, I give you no other than Chris Coleman, I really hope I lose this bet

Maybe Gunter would play well

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 06 Dec 2018 10:49

<Brian checks phone for the 322nd time this morning>

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 10:49

retro royal

Stay away from the f*cking pub......Id rather keep Clement (and that's saying a lot). As much as I love Coleman and what he did for my country there is no way I want him managing here. It would be a step backwards......

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Dec 2018 10:50

Disappointed with that, just as we were slightly turning it around, he's off again, got to remember we've only lost 1 of the last 5 games. Has also started to give Loader and Rinomhota a chance, showing he can be flexible with the youth. Chopping and changing managers really hasn't worked for us in a while so we should have tried to keep him as long as possible

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 10:52

Thank heavens for "Im a celebrity get me out of here"..... Redknapps in the Jungle....no chance of getting him thank god.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Dec 2018 10:52

The statement doesn't mention who is in charge of the 1st Team in the interim so it would suggrst they pretty much know who they're getting in.

Personally wouldn't be averse to a couple of games with Scott Marshall assisted by Nigel Gibbs given the formers (edit) good work with the U-23's.
Last edited by Vision on 06 Dec 2018 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 10:55

Vision The statement doesn't mention who is in charge of the 1st Team in the interim so it would suggrst they pretty much know who they're getting in.

Personally wouldn't be averse to a couple of games with Scott Marshall assisted by Nigel Gibbs given the latters good work with the U-23's.

I heard that as well.....BBCRB just mention the name Pardew......You don't think...do you? Naaa Shirley not.

Basildon

by Basildon » 06 Dec 2018 11:09

Ascotexgunner
Vision The statement doesn't mention who is in charge of the 1st Team in the interim so it would suggrst they pretty much know who they're getting in.

Personally wouldn't be averse to a couple of games with Scott Marshall assisted by Nigel Gibbs given the latters good work with the U-23's.

I heard that as well.....BBCRB just mention the name Pardew......You don't think...do you? Naaa Shirley not.

Would certainly hope not, and don't call me Shirley :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Dec 2018 11:10

I’d be well up for Marshall getting a few games

Really like what I’ve seen with the U23s

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Dec 2018 11:11

Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion

Same way Utd players turned manager picked up things from Fergie?

Say no to yet another inexperienced appointee.
No, not the same way. At Utd they played in a top team filled with quality players, supported by an excellent academy with pretty much no budget constraints to worry about, a first class scouting network and players falling over their selves to join........Probably didn't translate too well to managing a club like Reading, for example with constraints, crap players who sometimes don't even want to play and new signings only attracted to the club for the money.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 08:47

Hound I’d be well up for Marshall getting a few games

Got to have a little bit of nous when you are where we are in the league, not sure if he has that at the moment purely down to experience. What would have been ideal for me would have been for Mick McCarthy to get a deal to the end of the season and hopefully keep us safe. Yes the football would have been turgid and dull but I think we would have ended up around midtable. We could then hand over to Scott Mitchell in May 2019 where he can start on an even keel. He could have learnt from Mick along the way too.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 07 Dec 2018 11:15

Old Man Andrews
Hound I’d be well up for Marshall getting a few games

Got to have a little bit of nous when you are where we are in the league, not sure if he has that at the moment purely down to experience. What would have been ideal for me would have been for Mick McCarthy to get a deal to the end of the season and hopefully keep us safe. Yes the football would have been turgid and dull but I think we would have ended up around midtable. We could then hand over to Scott Mitchell in May 2019 where he can start on an even keel. He could have learnt from Mick along the way too.

Is that Scott Mitchell the former world darts champion.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 00:06

oggy this is my first comment as i have only joined, shoot me down but surely Stuart pearce could do a good job

Stuart Pearce for manager?

880 posts