BFTG - Norwich

206 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Norwich

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 09:15

Stranded
NewCorkSeth
Pandoras Box Watching the EFL show on Quest last night, the most successful teams and style showed pace from all the players taking the ball and swiftly moving forward with it while the others moved into space and carried on the momentum.
Does anyone in our team do this? Everyone who gets the ball stands stationary and passes a lumbering ball to the next player (usually sideways) who does the same thing. You can sit in the stand and write in advance the next three players who are going to receive the ball ( if it ever accurately gets there). No one moves into space, even for a throw in.
If we can guess this, you can bet the opposition have researched this.
If you can’t guess to whom or where Gunter is going to pass to next you would probably fail the questions on Tipping Point.
You bring on Bod and then have a free kick on the half way line but pass it three feet to the right and then pass it back to the goalkeeper who hoofs it to nowhere anyway ffs.
There was a free kick slightly behind half way last night where they passed it back and had around six more passes to arrive back at where the free kick was taken!
The positional sense is diabolical, quite often literally bumping in to each other, yet everyone is AWOL when (if) we attack.
The job is so big to sort this out, I can’t see anyone going the distance.

I've been silently wondering why we are so shit at throw ins. We seem to get marked out of them easily while we don't defend them at all.

On the comms last night, Tim & Mick actually had a go at Gunter for throwing to a player who managed to turn and pass the ball out so we kept possession as it put Bacuna in a little bit of difficulty. Instead they were demanding he threw it down the line. We promptly did that for the rest of the night and lost the ball pretty much every time.

Our throw ins have been consistently comedically shocking for years now. They were rubbish under McD v 1 iirc as well.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 20 Sep 2018 09:20

My opinion on Gunter (I'm sure you're all desperate to hear it) , is that he's a safety-first player, currently lacking confidence not only in himself but also in the rest of the team. The reason he passes backwards or sideways so much is that he either can't see a safe route for the ball forwards or doesn't trust those available to be able to keep it. He's not venturing forwards himself much as, again, he doesn't trust Aluko or whoever to fill-in behind him. And he's now lacking pace to be able to get back when the opposing team breaks - and he knows it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Sep 2018 09:22

wingnut My opinion on Gunter (I'm sure you're all desperate to hear it) , is that he's a safety-first player, currently lacking confidence not only in himself but also in the rest of the team. The reason he passes backwards or sideways so much is that he either can't see a safe route for the ball forwards or doesn't trust those available to be able to keep it. He's not venturing forwards himself much as, again, he doesn't trust Aluko or whoever to fill-in behind him. And he's now lacking pace to be able to get back when the opposing team breaks - and he knows it.

You forgot "and he can't cross to save his life and is scared of getting too close to an opposition winger so just let's crosses come in and hopes Moore and Ilori clear them".

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Sep 2018 09:26

NewCorkSeth
wingnut My opinion on Gunter (I'm sure you're all desperate to hear it) , is that he's a safety-first player, currently lacking confidence not only in himself but also in the rest of the team. The reason he passes backwards or sideways so much is that he either can't see a safe route for the ball forwards or doesn't trust those available to be able to keep it. He's not venturing forwards himself much as, again, he doesn't trust Aluko or whoever to fill-in behind him. And he's now lacking pace to be able to get back when the opposing team breaks - and he knows it.

You forgot "and he can't cross to save his life and is scared of getting too close to an opposition winger so just let's crosses come in and hopes Moore and Ilori clear them".

He's "a great athlete" though.

biff

by biff » 20 Sep 2018 09:27

^^^

One of the worst "attempts" at a cross from a professional footballer I've ever seen last night. Good work down the right from Simms, back to Gunter, who proceeds to slowly daisy cutter the ball 6 feet to the defender with a queue of players waiting back post.

He's truly fcking sh1t.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 09:32

biff ^^^

One of the worst "attempts" at a cross from a professional footballer I've ever seen last night. Good work down the right from Simms, back to Gunter, who proceeds to slowly daisy cutter the ball 6 feet to the defender with a queue of players waiting back post.

He's truly fcking sh1t.

Yep that was the moment when I totally lost it with him

What did PC say about Gunter

Strange that little run that Swift did in the 94th minute was (except the shot) exactly what we seemed to be missing all game. Again almost made me more annoyed than anything else

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Sep 2018 09:33

NewCorkSeth

The crossing was absolutely disgraceful. He wasn't even looking up when he had time to deliver the cross on 2 occasions.

As a side issue though what were our tactics last night? You could see what Norwich were doing, which was passing the ball out wide and across the back, moving the ball well enough to create gaps in our midfield.......but us? .....what were we doing, especially in the first 30.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 09:35

PC comment:

I told them to play with passion and intensity and to give their best for their team-mates and the club.

That is an absolutely embarrassing thing to have to say to a pro football team, and again tells us everything

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 09:36

Hound PC comment:

I told them to play with passion and intensity and to give their best for their team-mates and the club.

That is an absolutely embarrassing thing to have to say to a pro football team, and again tells us everything

As much as it pains me we need someone like Big Mick don't we? Someone who won't accept this shit. Imagine players putting on a performance for him like that? Especially the first half, they wouldn't be seen for weeks!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 09:40

Sadly we do. Everything we do is just too nice

Nice club, nice owner, nice fans, nice manager, nice for families, nice academy with nice coaches, nice women’s team

Unfortunately we need some utter oxf*rd@r to come in and sort out the first 11

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Sep 2018 09:41

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 09:44

genome

Imagine the local journos having to deal with him! I am all for him at this point, he's a known c**t who does things his way, he will not put up with slackers like Gunter and Aluko they will be out the door.

Him or Roy Keane for me.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Sep 2018 09:46

Old Man Andrews
genome

Imagine the local journos having to deal with him! I am all for him at this point, he's a known c**t who does things his way, he will not put up with slackers like Gunter and Aluko they will be out the door.

Him or Roy Keane for me.

As a Cork man I obviously love Roy to pieces but I don't think he would improve our chances of staying up....

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Sep 2018 09:47

Ascotexgunner
NewCorkSeth

The crossing was absolutely disgraceful. He wasn't even looking up when he had time to deliver the cross on 2 occasions.

As a side issue though what were our tactics last night? You could see what Norwich were doing, which was passing the ball out wide and across the back, moving the ball well enough to create gaps in our midfield.......but us? .....what were we doing, especially in the first 30.

Exactly what i was thinking. Clement must be fuming with the team he has to deal with every week. There must be a game plan, he must identify opposition threats and how plan b will go if its not working.
Do the players not understand his instructions? Do the players not follow his instructions? Or is Clement not very good?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 09:47

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
genome

Him or Roy Keane for me.

As a Cork man I obviously love Roy to pieces but I don't think he would improve our chances of staying up....

But I think there is a chance he might stamp on Gunter, Kelly and Aluko's heads. Relegation might be a price worth paying.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Sep 2018 09:47

I'd PLAY him and Keane

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Sep 2018 09:47

genome

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Sep 2018 09:48

Old Man Andrews
genome

Him or Roy Keane for me.

Get the feeling Warnocks gonna be available soon (joking)....But your right, Big Mick is probably the best manager out there available to sort this out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Sep 2018 09:51

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Him or Roy Keane for me.

But I think there is a chance he might stamp on Gunter, Kelly and Aluko's heads. Relegation might be a price worth paying.

That does sound tempting..

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 09:53

I’d happily have McCarthy at this point in time sadly enough

206 posts