BFTG - Norwich

206 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Norwich

by Stranded » 20 Sep 2018 11:02

leon
genome I think it speaks volumes to our situation that I wouldn't mind Warnock if he became available

Still, as I eluded to in the other thread, I don't think Clement is the issue

See my response. The reason we're in the shit is a succession of inexperienced managers. We need experience.

Mick McCarthy? Gulp....Give him a season to keep the team up and build some spirit. He gets a massive bonus and gains kudos of turning around a basket case.

It could work.....

It could but then what? If we do decide to go for a short term fix and change the manager for someone like McCarthy, then we really need to have a succession plan in place.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 11:03

genome
Old Man Andrews Clement sadly has realised he can do nothing other than wait for the payout now, he knows this group of players don't have an ounce of pride, determination or hunger in their bodies. If we lose on Saturday it will no doubt be the end imo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sacked at all, but Clement was dealt a shite hand when he joined.

Maybe the Clement Out crew are right, and we need a better man-manager, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. He had to try and come in and clean up someone else's mess, he was on a hiding to nothing.

Agreed with this. I actually like Clement more than any of our other manager's we've had since Sir Steve (obviously outside of McDermott). That being said, I don't think he's going to take us forward, either now or next season so we might as well start looking to the future. I would feel bad about wanting someone to get sacked but in the merry go round that seems to be football engagement it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal and I'm sure the pay out is more than enough to have a few holidays and be grateful you're far away from this basket case of a club.

Not sure Clement has what it takes to be a good manager though, at any club.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 11:07

Stranded
leon
genome I think it speaks volumes to our situation that I wouldn't mind Warnock if he became available

Still, as I eluded to in the other thread, I don't think Clement is the issue

See my response. The reason we're in the shit is a succession of inexperienced managers. We need experience.

Mick McCarthy? Gulp....Give him a season to keep the team up and build some spirit. He gets a massive bonus and gains kudos of turning around a basket case.

It could work.....

It could but then what? If we do decide to go for a short term fix and change the manager for someone like McCarthy, then we really need to have a succession plan in place.

Agreed. Short term (eg 2 seasons) to rebuild the team with a view to coaxing a really good up and coming manager (with actual experience of managing rather than carrying the bibs and comforting the egos of the players when the manager's been mean to them)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Sep 2018 11:14

Gunny Fishcake I wonder when that floating straw is going to break our poor camel's back. I fear it's getting very close.

And yet it shouldn't have to be. The Championship is so open it can be a different season every season for any team (more or less). Look at oxf*rd Millwall last season - normally they yo-yo between 2nd and 3rd tiers. It's not Clement's fault, I simply won't have that as an excuse.

I think we will have enough to stay up this season, let's just hope there's a decent process in place with Nani/Gourlay/Clement all able to work together to create a proper unit on and off the pitch.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 11:15

John Smith
Gunny Fishcake I wonder when that floating straw is going to break our poor camel's back. I fear it's getting very close.

And yet it shouldn't have to be. The Championship is so open it can be a different season every season for any team (more or less). Look at oxf*rd Millwall last season - normally they yo-yo between 2nd and 3rd tiers. It's not Clement's fault, I simply won't have that as an excuse.

I think we will have enough to stay up this season, let's just hope there's a decent process in place with Nani/Gourlay/Clement all able to work together to create a proper unit on and off the pitch.

At what point does it become bad enough that he has to go though?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Sep 2018 11:18

Old Man Andrews
John Smith

For me, Clement could take us down and still remain in the job.

Your thoughts?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Sep 2018 11:23

Suspicion remains until proved otherwise that Clement is a bibs and cones man rather than a manager. I like him as well, seems rational and knowledgeable but sometimes you need a bit more than that in a motivational sense. Whether he has that remains to be seen.
Last edited by Norfolk Royal on 20 Sep 2018 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 11:23

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
John Smith And yet it shouldn't have to be. The Championship is so open it can be a different season every season for any team (more or less). Look at oxf*rd Millwall last season - normally they yo-yo between 2nd and 3rd tiers. It's not Clement's fault, I simply won't have that as an excuse.

Your thoughts?

I feel a change is around the corner, home defeat to Hull does it I think. I would be happy to keep him as I don't think it is his fault at all but with the new sporting director coming in I believe the manager could change quite quickly. Gourlay is the one who has to go in my opinion.

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Sep 2018 11:47

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
John Smith And yet it shouldn't have to be. The Championship is so open it can be a different season every season for any team (more or less). Look at oxf*rd Millwall last season - normally they yo-yo between 2nd and 3rd tiers. It's not Clement's fault, I simply won't have that as an excuse.

Your thoughts?

Interesting point this. Regardless if you want Clement to be sacked. Do you think he will be? And if so, when?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Sep 2018 11:49

jar95
John Smith
Old Man Andrews

Your thoughts?

Interesting point this. Regardless if you want Clement to be sacked. Do you think he will be? And if so, when?

It`s not our decision to make is it?

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Sep 2018 11:51

windermereROYAL
jar95
John Smith For me, Clement could take us down and still remain in the job.

Your thoughts?

It`s not our decision to make is it?

Never said it was, did i?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Sep 2018 11:52

jar95
John Smith
Old Man Andrews

Your thoughts?

Well my opinion is that I don't want him to be sacked, however to answer your question I think if this form continues and we don't pick up any more points until now and QPR then he will go on the morning of Wednesday 3rd October.

On the flip side of that though, I can quite feasibly see us picking up 6 points between now and then.

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Sep 2018 11:54

John Smith
jar95
John Smith For me, Clement could take us down and still remain in the job.

Your thoughts?

Well my opinion is that I don't want him to be sacked, however to answer your question I think if this form continues and we don't pick up any more points until now and QPR then he will go on the morning of Wednesday 3rd October.

On the flip side of that though, I can quite feasibly see us picking up 6 points between now and then.

Where from? I'd guess a draw on saturday, nothing from brentford and maybe a point at QPR

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Sep 2018 11:57

jar95
John Smith
jar95

Where from? I'd guess a draw on saturday, nothing from brentford and maybe a point at QPR

I think we probably will beat Hull and we will also beat QPR. Two very poor sides.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Sep 2018 11:57

jar95
John Smith
jar95

Home to QPR.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 20 Sep 2018 12:01

Can someone explain to me what our style of football is under Clement. I have no idea despite going to every home match. it looks no different to last seasons remaining 8 games which were supposed to be an emergency approach to avoid relegation.

By the way Baldock reminds me of a car that looks the part but is terrible to drive. If he gave Mcnulty and Bod a chance as a pairing I am convinced they would click. But at a time when we look very blunt up front we appear not to be even considering cameos for Mcnulty now!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 12:02

John Smith
jar95
John Smith Well my opinion is that I don't want him to be sacked, however to answer your question I think if this form continues and we don't pick up any more points until now and QPR then he will go on the morning of Wednesday 3rd October.

I think we probably will beat Hull and we will also beat QPR. Two very poor sides.

What are we then?

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Sep 2018 12:04

John Smith
jar95
John Smith Well my opinion is that I don't want him to be sacked, however to answer your question I think if this form continues and we don't pick up any more points until now and QPR then he will go on the morning of Wednesday 3rd October.

I agree they are definitely teams we should be beating if we want to stay up. But remember, those two poor sides are both above us in the league, with one of them having double the amount of points as us.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Sep 2018 12:06

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
jar95

What are we then?

In and around that but not bad enough to be relegated in my opinion. Pretty much QPR.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 12:10

JS can you name 3 teams you think will finish below us, and detail why?

206 posts