Protest

chippc

Protest

by chippc » 20 Sep 2018 10:39

So as fans are we just going to stay silent, not turn up at games and melt away? Or are we going to try and do something about the mess that is now Reading FC? Do we need another PANTS Day? Could we protest at the shambles with some humour and get some PR going? Anybody got any ideas?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Protest

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 10:44

chippc So as fans are we just going to stay silent, not turn up at games and melt away? Or are we going to try and do something about the mess that is now Reading FC? Do we need another PANTS Day? Could we protest at the shambles with some humour and get some PR going? Anybody got any ideas?

Let's storm the pitch and all do a massive shit in the centre circle.

chippc

by chippc » 20 Sep 2018 10:55

Maybe something like a packet of crisp protest that was held at Charlton.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 10:57

leon
chippc So as fans are we just going to stay silent, not turn up at games and melt away? Or are we going to try and do something about the mess that is now Reading FC? Do we need another PANTS Day? Could we protest at the shambles with some humour and get some PR going? Anybody got any ideas?

Are 11 turds not enough?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 20 Sep 2018 10:59

CountryRoyal
leon

Are 11 turds not enough?

Racist.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 11:02

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The Reading supporters can't even be bothered to turn up to games let alone having it in them to protest. Its not going to happen, our support are the most apathetic in world football.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 11:04

Theroyalbox
CountryRoyal
leon

Are 11 turds not enough?

Racist.

I identify as a piece of shit so I'm all good.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 11:06

Old Man Andrews

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The Reading supporters can't even be bothered to turn up to games let alone having it in them to protest. Its not going to happen, our support are the most apathetic in world football.

Yeah, might have worded it slightly differently, but essentially this.

There is just too much apathy around the place.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 20 Sep 2018 11:08

Protests are fine, but what would we be protesting about - the owners, Gourlay, the manager, players - or a combination of all of them?
Sacking Stam last season and bringing in Clement was a no-brainer at the time - something had to change and we had nothing to lose really, sacking the manager this time won't solve a thing. If anything we could be worse off.
A new manager then comes in with no immediate transfer window to work with and in the meantime has to work with a poor squad of players he knows little about - more so if it is foreign appointment who has never worked in England before.
This is the worst Reading team I have seen in my 54 years - and that includes all the RFC teams that have been relegated during that time.
There is no simple fix to our current situation. It's an absolute mess!

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 20 Sep 2018 11:18

DelBoyRodders Protests are fine, but what would we be protesting about - the owners, Gourlay, the manager, players - or a combination of all of them?
Sacking Stam last season and bringing in Clement was a no-brainer at the time - something had to change and we had nothing to lose really, sacking the manager this time won't solve a thing. If anything we could be worse off.
A new manager then comes in with no immediate transfer window to work with and in the meantime has to work with a poor squad of players he knows little about - more so if it is foreign appointment who has never worked in England before.
This is the worst Reading team I have seen in my 54 years - and that includes all the RFC teams that have been relegated during that time.
There is no simple fix to our current situation. It's an absolute mess!

I couldn't agree more. The team are no where near good enough , but they seem to have no particular game plan on the pitch. Which is completely down to the managers training. Then, there is no sign of the owners, no excitement when we signed anyone in the transfer window and no buzz going to the games. The club has a lot of jobs available atm in all areas. This cannot be a coincidence. The club is dying and there isn't just one person to blame. If there was I would agree that the protesting could work but it just won't.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 20 Sep 2018 11:29

leon

No good. It’s already there at 3pm.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 20 Sep 2018 11:31

Sorry CountryRoyal. Didn’t see yours.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Sep 2018 11:32

A defib demonstration, donate your match day ticket value to a defibrillator fund. It would benefit a good cause and cleary the whole club needs shocking back to life! Stay away for a day

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Sep 2018 11:45

Just remember, you reading fans dont like fan led initiatives, so not sure how this would go down - remember Club 1871 :wink:

Seriously though, something does need doing but not sure protests are the way forward.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 11:45

leon

Which was pretty much what half the team did yesterday

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Sep 2018 12:03

Eaststandman A defib demonstration, donate your match day ticket value to a defibrillator fund. It would benefit a good cause and cleary the whole club needs shocking back to life! Stay away for a day

I like that. Although I think fans should still attend, wearing nurses (oooer) or surgical uniforms, and set up a justgiving page for defib donations. I can see 'Defib Day,' or just 'D-Day' getting a lot of publicity.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Sep 2018 12:07

Hound
leon

Which was pretty much what half the team did yesterday

Apart from the storming bit. It was more of a gentle stroll.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 12:10

Norfolk Royal
Eaststandman A defib demonstration, donate your match day ticket value to a defibrillator fund. It would benefit a good cause and cleary the whole club needs shocking back to life! Stay away for a day

I like that. Although I think fans should still attend, wearing nurses (oooer) or surgical uniforms, and set up a justgiving page for defib donations. I can see 'Defib Day,' or just 'D-Day' getting a lot of publicity.

And then simulate sex in the stands?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Sep 2018 12:21

leon
Norfolk Royal

I would suggest simulating cardiopulmonary resuscitation would be more appropriate in the circumstances.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 12:24

Norfolk Royal
leon
Norfolk Royal

I would suggest simulating cardiopulmonary resuscitation would be more appropriate in the circumstances.

Yeah but you mentioned Nurses?