Whats wrong with our training???

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Whats wrong with our training???

by paddy20 » 02 Nov 2018 08:55

Yet more injuries injury this time to Jaakkola & Yiadom. I make that 12 players injured since the beginning of this season. You would normally expect 2/3. What on earth is happening. An ex-pro I spoke to said this is what happens when there is unrest and the team's playing badly. Its probably and perhaps over training

Old Man Andrews

Re: Whats wrong with our training???

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2018 08:57

Every team has injuries, we will have no more or less than other Championship sides.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Nov 2018 09:04

I don't think the number of injuries is much of a surprise. The Champ is pretty relentless and they need to fit training in as well

There do seem to be some issues with the rehab etc though, and quite often players come back not looking fully fit or later than expected

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Nov 2018 09:06

We often get "injuries" when the manager faces "difficult choices"

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Nov 2018 09:24

Got to say though the continual number of injuries this club manages to pick up in training since Stam arrived beggars belief and is beyond "bad luck". There must be something wrong somewhere, if not with training itself then the general approach to and player fitness.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 02 Nov 2018 09:47

Sutekh Got to say though the continual number of injuries this club manages to pick up in training since Stam arrived beggars belief and is beyond "bad luck". There must be something wrong somewhere, if not with training itself then the general approach to and player fitness.

Maybe Some don't want to play......

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Nov 2018 10:07

Purely rumour but as I say in my only ever rumour post one of the things I was told by a reputable insider friend that the owners got rid of our perfectly good doctor/medic/not sure what exactly and replaced him with someone they wanted who is a plastic surgeon by trade (for some context within the medical world plastic surgeons are regarded as good at plastic surgery but useless at anything else vaguely medical so this is regarded a joke of a change).

Basically they got rid of our own good man to get their own shit man in.

No idea how true this is and I appreciate it's rather vague ir if it would affect training at all. I'm hoping someone who knows more about RFC who is allowed to say might help.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2018 10:17

2 world wars, 1 world cup Purely rumour but as I say in my only ever rumour post one of the things I was told by a reputable insider friend that the owners got rid of our perfectly good doctor/medic/not sure what exactly and replaced him with someone they wanted who is a plastic surgeon by trade (for some context within the medical world plastic surgeons are regarded as good at plastic surgery but useless at anything else vaguely medical so this is regarded a joke of a change).

No idea how true this is and I appreciate it's rather vague ir if it would affect training at all. I'm hoping someone who knows more about RFC who is allowed to say might help.

What in hell's name are you talking about? Have you been on the spirits this morning already?!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Nov 2018 10:20

Mate I don't need spirits to talk utter shit, everyone knows that.

But this is honestly what I've heard and those who know me on HNA know whilst I talk shit I never make up rumours. No idea how relevant this is just thought I'd throw it in here.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2018 10:22

Ok cheers.

paddy20 An ex-pro I spoke to said this is what happens when there is unrest and the team's playing badly. Its probably and perhaps over training

I don't understand the correlation? If they're unhappy does that make them not stretch off properly or fall over and hurt themselves?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 02 Nov 2018 10:47

2 world wars, 1 world cup Mate I don't need spirits to talk utter shit, everyone knows that.

But this is honestly what I've heard and those who know me on HNA know whilst I talk shit I never make up rumours. No idea how relevant this is just thought I'd throw it in here.

Second that about plastic surgeons. My wife worked in an hospital

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Nov 2018 10:49

2 world wars, 1 world cup Purely rumour but as I say in my only ever rumour post one of the things I was told by a reputable insider friend that the owners got rid of our perfectly good doctor/medic/not sure what exactly and replaced him with someone they wanted who is a plastic surgeon by trade (for some context within the medical world plastic surgeons are regarded as good at plastic surgery but useless at anything else vaguely medical so this is regarded a joke of a change).

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Nov 2018 11:48

paddy20 Yet more injuries injury this time to Jaakkola & Yiadom.
Do we have a 4th choice keeper available or are two whose names I can't even remember back from injury?
Yiadom will be missed, but not as much as having no goalkeeper.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Nov 2018 11:50

If that's true, maybe some of our "injured" players will look more handsome when they return to the match day squad.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 02 Nov 2018 13:19

John Smith Ok cheers.

paddy20 An ex-pro I spoke to said this is what happens when there is unrest and the team's playing badly. Its probably and perhaps over training

I don't understand the correlation? If they're unhappy does that make them not stretch off properly or fall over and hurt themselves?

It was explained to me something like this

Its very unlikely a player will feign injury but most players aren't 100per cent fit and play with the odd niggle or strain. But when things are going badly or they don't like the manager players don't push themselves so much and will often think I will rest up a bit instead of risking it. If there was a play off spot or big cup game then they would say hey i'm fine!

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Nov 2018 13:30

Forbury Lion

If that's true, maybe some of our "injured" players will look more handsome when they return to the match day squad.

Maybe this explains where Pelle C and Popa have been. Maybe they'll turn up in Jan looking like new signings.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2018 13:38

paddy20 It was explained to me something like this

Its very unlikely a player will feign injury but most players aren't 100per cent fit and play with the odd niggle or strain. But when things are going badly or they don't like the manager players don't push themselves so much and will often think I will rest up a bit instead of risking it. If there was a play off spot or big cup game then they would say hey i'm fine!

Makes sense, cheers.

Probably the case for Callum Harriott I'd imagine.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Nov 2018 14:12

Old Man Andrews Every team has injuries, we will have no more or less than other Championship sides.

Not true. Statistically success is inversely proportional to amount of players used. The teams that do better use the least (have a settler squad, less injuries) and the opposite for the worst.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 02 Nov 2018 14:18

John Smith
paddy20 It was explained to me something like this

Makes sense, cheers.

Probably the case for Callum Harriott I'd imagine.

If he was a dog he would have been put down long ago.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Nov 2018 14:28

CountryRoyal
Old Man Andrews Every team has injuries, we will have no more or less than other Championship sides.

Not true. Statistically success is inversely proportional to amount of players used. The teams that do better use the least (have a settler squad, less injuries) and the opposite for the worst.

You're going to have to provide numbers!