BFTG - Ipshit H

206 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2018 19:47

Snowflake Royal oxf*rd disgraceful showing first half. No character, no desire, no shape, no coordination. Ipswich were bigger, stronger, quicker, more direct, more confident. Best team I've seen this season based on first half (faint praise indeed).

Jaakkola - 5 kicking terrible
Yiadom - 3 awful display.
Moore 4 so brainless and casual
O'Shea 3 showing why he's on for a relegation hattrick
Blackett 5 poor
Bacuna 3 astoundingly bad
Rinomhota 5 poor
Kelly 6 more desire than the rest of midfield and defence together
Barrow 4 fell over at nothing, although booking was nonsense and a fk
Baldock 5 ok but some poor touches
Meite 7 very lacklustre other yhan thr brace

Swift 5
McNulty 5
McCleary 6

I don't see how Clement can do anything about that sort of gutless first half bullshit.

Drop those most responsible? Give others a chance? Just effing resign?!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 19:47

I have never come way from a drawn game as pissed off as today. It felt like a loss. This lot are lazy. Ipswich worked so much harder in the first half.
We cannot defend for toffee. Thank God for Meite

Jaakkola. 5. Kicking awful. Perhaps could have done better for both goals
Yiadom. 4 One great run in the second half but passing and positioning awful
Moore. 4 Inexcusable defending for the second goal. Passing awful
O’Shea. 4. As poor as Moore for that goal and poor passing
Blackett. 4. Rinsed time and again in the first half. One good covering tackle in the second half
Kelly. 6. Worked hard and one lovely through to ball to GMac
Bacuna. 4. Got an assist but otherwise very poor
Rinomhota. 4. Totally bypassed and anonymous
Barrow. 5. Worked really hard closing down but poor in the second hslf
Baldock. 4 Got an assist but he was awful in the second half
Meite. 7. First goal brilliant. Took his header well but otherwise not great

GMac. 6. We were better with him on the pitch and he won some corners
Swift. 5 Didn’t really do much
McNulty. N/A. Not on long enough to rate

Fair play to Ipswich. They came in their numbers today.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 19:49

I don’t think Clement can turn this around. I would love him to. He is the most honest manager we have had. He really just tells it how it is. He has been let down by this gutless bunch

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2018 19:50

Sutekh
Credit to Clement for coming out and saying how bad it was in the first half (and he wasn’t overly impressed with the second either)

He would have looked even more of an incompetent clown had he not! He said he would've made six substitutions if he could've done. So how many did he make and when? Despite Kelly clearly being dead on his feet and cramping up Clement the Clown waited an eternity before subbing him, effectively leaving us virtually one player down and risking yet another injury.

Zip I don’t think Clement can turn this around. I would love him to. He is the most honest manager we have had. He really just tells it how it is. He has been let down by this gutless bunch

Some of that gutless bunch are the big characters/leaders/winners that he claimed to be bringing in. He and his coaching team also seem pretty gutless and are letting us down.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 19:52

Snowball Yes we were poor first half, but Ipswich played well,
and on the form, if they can play 90 minutes, will get
out of trouble. That's a clear new manager bounce
and they are undefeated in two.

It should have been over at HT, but it wasn't.

Second half we were so much better. We won the second half 1-0
forced at least one good save, and missed two good chances.

That, IMO, given the context is a very good point.

If Meite keeps improving we have a big player on our hands

A bit like when Long was criticised but eventually found a way to use
all that power. Two excellent goals from Meite, and I went home
curiously satisfied.

The two CBs were poor today and I got the impression it was because
Moore (not that fast) was worried sh!tless by OShea's utter slowness.

I am firmly of the mind that one of Ilori or Blackett must play central defence.
We need some speed. Blackett's brilliant save was down to raw speed.

MAYBE OShea can work in a three-CB set up but personally I think
we have to recognise he's two old and good fast forward lines will target him
and then Moore's game will also fall apart.

Blackett isn’t that quick. He was rinsed several times in the first half.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 19:53

RoyalBlue
Sutekh
Credit to Clement for coming out and saying how bad it was in the first half (and he wasn’t overly impressed with the second either)

He would have looked even more of an incompetent clown had he not! He said he would've made six substitutions if he could've done. So how many did he make and when? Despite Kelly clearly being dead on his feet and cramping up Clement the Clown waited an eternity before subbing him, effectively leaving us virtually one player down and risking yet another injury.

Zip I don’t think Clement can turn this around. I would love him to. He is the most honest manager we have had. He really just tells it how it is. He has been let down by this gutless bunch

Some of that gutless bunch are the big characters/leaders/winners that he claimed to be bringing in. He and his coaching team also seem pretty gutless and are letting us down.

I think he should go but he can’t do much about pathetic defending like that. Moore can forget about playing in the PL. This is his level.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 10 Nov 2018 19:54

tidus_mi2 Based on the game today and with the return of McCleary, I would be tempted to bring Gunter back in the side and give Yiadom a rest, allow the Gunter - McCleary partnership to be reforged, also agree about O'Shea, I think we're asking too much of a 37 year old defender, Ilori while not perfect has shown signs of being a good defender.

Man I want us to have Eza back.

Have you forgotten how easy Ilori is to beat in the air and his mistakes. O'shea much better. I firmly believ ILori would be a much better defensive midfielder as he's good at keeping the ball and is a quality passer.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 19:55

Platypuss Clement picked exactly the same side which beat Bristol City 3-2 last up and he gets the blame?
How does that work?

He didn’t play exactly the same side. Walker was dropped.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 19:57

tidus_mi2 Based on the game today and with the return of McCleary, I would be tempted to bring Gunter back in the side and give Yiadom a rest, allow the Gunter - McCleary partnership to be reforged, also agree about O'Shea, I think we're asking too much of a 37 year old defender, Ilori while not perfect has shown signs of being a good defender.

Man I want us to have Eza back.

I would bring Gunter in for Blackett who was beaten time after time in the first half. Play Yiadom at left back.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 19:58

windermereROYAL
Westwood52 Clement probably lives to fight another day.
If one of Baldocks two efforts had hit the target, his supporters could contend that hes turned it round.
However the ineptitude of that 1st half performance defies belief in a professional team.
In the end a draw was probably fair.
IMHO:

Jakkola 5: Maybe he could have saved their first; one brilliant save; but awful goal kicks. Two on the trot went straight into touch;which suggests he has a problem.
Viadom 2: Had an absolute meh.
Blackett 5: Typical Tyler performance; good and bad in equal measure.
Moore 4: Awful in the 1st half. Prem quality, your having a laugh . However one goal saving tackle 2nd half; which would have killed us off.
O Shea 5: Playing from memory of better days. You need a couple of bruisers at CB at this level.We were very vulnerable at set pieces.
Kelly 5: Absolute terrible 1st half-then pretty good 2nd.
Rhino 2 : Sadly out of his depth at the moment-should be on loan in a lower division to build his game.
Bacuna 6: Once again a mixed bag-great pass for the 2nd.
Baldock 2: Did very little effective work.Murdered two good chances to hit the target.
Barrow 6: Always a danger; but looked like he was going to b e sent off-received precious little protection from Ref. I only hope the Ref was absolutely convinced it was a dive.
Meite 8: Blunders round like a Bull in a china shop, then two superb goals-where would we be, without him.

Macca : Once again terrific-has to start; even if he cannot finish a game.
Swift : Some nice touches-despite the fact that he and Kelly cannot play in the same team; had to be a better option than Rhino.
McNulty: Cocked up a one two, but not on long enough to have a chance to show what he could do.

Ref: Whats new ? Just simply didnt have a clue, on what counts as obstruction and foul play,

Think it was Blackett who made the goal saving tackle.

It was definitely Blackett

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Nov 2018 19:59

Awful first half bordering on the unprofessional. These players need to realise that they are in a relegation battle and they need to pull their sleeves up and scrap. Too many players trying little flicks and dainty passes rather than keeping it simple.

Jaakkola - The ball came through a crowd for the first, although he will have been disappointed not to have saved it having got a hand to it. Unlucky to slip for the second, defenders should have cut it put before it went anywhere near him. 5

Yiadom - His worst game in a Reading shirt. Looked tentative and was sloppy on a number of occasions. 4

Moore - Awful. Don't know why he feels the need to run around in a circle before going for the ball. Go straight to it. Coasting on his first season for quite a while now. Sick of seeing him tell people to calm down after the opposition carve us open again and again. You're the captain mate, start giving them a rollicking. 4

O'Shea - looked his age in the first half but got it together a bit more in the second. 4

Blackett - Poor first half like the rest of them. Improved second half and made a vital challenge to stop Ipswich from going through 1 on 1. 5

Rinomhota - Hopefully he'll learn from that. Completely overrun by a physical Ipswich midfield. 4

Bacuna - Still don't know what to make of him. One minute he looks like a decent Championship player the next he looks like he's lost. 5

Kelly - He's starting to improve a bit, although still not back to the level he was in his first season. 5

Barrow - He's gone a bit Gareth Bale, you know he could be the best player in your team and he has the pace and ability to run at people but he seems reluctant to do so. He had some very rough treatment that I thought the ref could have protected him more. Penalty incident was the other end for me so won't comment but according to BBCRB he was clipped. 5

Baldock - Got the assist for Meite's first but the two misses at the end let him down. After blazing over the bar the first time he should have hit the target at least for the second one. 5

Meite - Quiet for long periods but that is to be expected for someone who only trained one day last week. Took both goals very well. Pleased he is repaying the faith the club and Clement in particular have shown in him. I said earlier in the season that he has all the tools to be a good player and that he just needs to put it all together. Looks like he's starting to do that. Keep it up. 6

Subs:
McCleary - Made a real difference when he came on. Has more guile than all the other wingers combined. A must to start for this tough run of games coming up. 7 MotM

Swift - Kept things ticking over. 5

Mcnulty - Some decent passes and touches. Just don't think he's going to make it at this level but would be happy to be proven wrong. 5
Last edited by sandman on 10 Nov 2018 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 10 Nov 2018 20:03

Zip
Platypuss Clement picked exactly the same side which beat Bristol City 3-2 last up and he gets the blame?
How does that work?

He didn’t play exactly the same side. Walker was dropped.

I am glad somebody pointed out that spazmond Helmlords obvious mistake.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Nov 2018 20:12

windermereROYAL Brilliant idea to sign O`shea and not push for Elphick wasn`t it?

Elphick is about as quick as o’Shea

Would have been better keeping Andresson and Osho

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Nov 2018 20:13

Zip I have never come way from a drawn game as pissed off as today. It felt like a loss. This lot are lazy. Ipswich worked so much harder in the first half.

Blackett. 4. Rinsed time and again in the first half. One good covering tackle in the second half

I know football brings out different opinions but Mo Barrow getting a 5 is absolutely ludicrous, he was the worst player on that pitch yet again, had Aluko put in that identical performance, I can guarantee he would be getting 1's and 2's, he is the most overrated player in years. Also think Yiadom should be dropped before Blackett, neither can defend, but Blackett played some decent passes out of defence today whereas Yiadom rarely found a blue and white hooped shirt all afternoon and was trying to dribble out of his own box, not succeeding.

I don't think the problem is that the players are lazy, yet again we had no midfield, and the opposition keep just passing through us, that's more down to tactics and Clement's reluctance to play a CDM (Ilori/Meyler/Anyone) and instead choosing three identical midfielders who very much offer similar things

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 20:21

[quote="URZZZZ"][quote="Zip"]I have never come way from a drawn game as pissed off as today. It felt like a loss. This lot are lazy. Ipswich worked so much harder in the first half.

Fair play to Ipswich. They came in their numbers today.[/quote]

I know football brings out different opinions but Mo Barrow getting a 5 is absolutely ludicrous, he was the worst player on that pitch yet again, had Aluko put in that identical performance, I can guarantee he would be getting 1's and 2's, he is the most overrated player in years. Also think Yiadom should be dropped before Blackett, neither can defend, but Blackett played some decent passes out of defence today whereas Yiadom rarely found a blue and white hooped shirt all afternoon and was trying to dribble out of his own box, not succeeding.

I don't think the problem is that the players are lazy, yet again we had no midfield, and the opposition keep just passing through us, that's more down to tactics and Clement's reluctance to play a CDM (Ilori/Meyler/Anyone) and instead choosing three identical midfielders who very much offer similar things[/quote]

Barrow should have had a pen with a good run in the first half. He also worked hard defensively putting in a number of good blocks. Overall he was one of our better players in the first half. Second half he was very poor. Btw I dont do below 3/10 for players.....even Aluko.
Agree about our midfield. I have been saying for a year that our central midfielders are woeful at protecting our back four. I do though think we are a lazy team. There is no way those players worked remotely hard enough in the first half. Virtually every team in this division presses harder than our lot.

CDM is a big problem. Meyler is useless and Ezatolahi is crocked. Hopefully our Iranian will make a difference when he returns to the side because right now we play three central midfielders none of whom are capable of playing that role.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Nov 2018 20:23

URZZZZ
Zip I know football brings out different opinions but Mo Barrow getting a 5 is absolutely ludicrous, he was the worst player on that pitch yet again, had Aluko put in that identical performance, I can guarantee he would be getting 1's and 2's, he is the most overrated player in years.

This 100%. Upsets the balance of the team and leaves the full back massively exposed

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Nov 2018 20:25

sandman Awful first half bordering on the unprofessional. These players need to realise that they are in a relegation battle and they need to pull their sleeves up and scrap. Too many players trying little flicks and dainty passes rather than keeping it simple.

Jaakkola - The ball came through a crowd for the first, although he will have been disappointed not to have saved it having got a hand to it. Unlucky to slip for the second, defenders should have cut it put before it went anywhere near him. 5

Yiadom - His worst game in a Reading shirt. Looked tentative and was sloppy on a number of occasions. 4

Moore - Awful. Don't know why he feels the need to run around in a circle before going for the ball. Go straight to it. Coasting on his first season for quite a while now. Sick of seeing him tell people to calm down after the opposition carve us open again and again. You're the captain mate, start giving them a rollicking. 4

O'Shea - looked his age in the first half but got it together a bit more in the second. 4

Blackett - Poor first half like the rest of them. Improved second half and made a vital challenge to stop Ipswich from going through 1 on 1. 5

Rinomhota - Hopefully he'll learn from that. Completely overrun by a physical Ipswich midfield. 4

Bacuna - Still don't know what to make of him. One minute he looks like a decent Championship player the next he looks like he's lost. 5

Kelly - He's starting to improve a bit, although still not back to the level he was in his first season. 5

Barrow - He's gone a bit Gareth Bale, you know he could be the best player in your team and he has the pace and ability to run at people but he seems reluctant to do so. He had some very rough treatment that I thought the ref could have protected him more. Penalty incident was the other end for me so won't comment but according to BBCRB he was clipped. 5

Baldock - Got the assist for Meite's first but the two misses at the end let him down. After blazing over the bar the first time he should have hit the target at least for the second one. 5

Meite - Quiet for long periods but that is to be expected for someone who only trained one day last week. Took both goals very well. Pleased he is repaying the faith the club and Clement in particular have shown in him. I said earlier in the season that he has all the tools to be a good player and that he just needs to put it all together. Looks like he's starting to do that. Keep it up. 6

Subs:
McCleary - Made a real difference when he came on. Has more guile than all the other wingers combined. A must to start for this tough run of games coming up. 7 MotM

Swift - Kept things ticking over. 5

Mcnulty - Some decent passes and touches. Just don't think he's going to make it at this level but would be happy to be proven wrong. 5

Hard to argue with any of that for me.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Nov 2018 20:34

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip I have never come way from a drawn game as pissed off as today. It felt like a loss. This lot are lazy. Ipswich worked so much harder in the first half.

I don't think the problem is that the players are lazy, yet again we had no midfield, and the opposition keep just passing through us, that's more down to tactics and Clement's reluctance to play a CDM (Ilori/Meyler/Anyone) and instead choosing three identical midfielders who very much offer similar things

Barrow should have had a pen with a good run in the first half. He also worked hard defensively putting in a number of good blocks. Overall he was one of our better players in the first half. Second half he was very poor. Btw I dont do below 3/10 for players.....even Aluko.
Agree about our midfield. I have been saying for a year that our central midfielders are woeful at protecting our back four. I do though think we are a lazy team. There is no way those players worked remotely hard enough in the first half. Virtually every team in this division presses harder than our lot.

CDM is a big problem. Meyler is useless and Ezatolahi is crocked. Hopefully our Iranian will make a difference when he returns to the side because right now we play three central midfielders none of whom are capable of playing that role.

TBH I would have argued the opposite, Barrow's second half was better than his first but everyone sees it in different ways. Do think it's harsh however to call Meyler useless, he wasn't great when he played but don't forget he has only started 5 games in a Reading shirt, and in three of those, we only conceded 1 (and he was subbed off in the Derby game at 1-1), I certainly wouldn't be against giving him another shot, let's be honest, he can't be any worse

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Nov 2018 20:39

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ

TBH I would have argued the opposite, Barrow's second half was better than his first but everyone sees it in different ways. Do think it's harsh however to call Meyler useless, he wasn't great when he played but don't forget he has only started 5 games in a Reading shirt, and in three of those, we only conceded 1 (and he was subbed off in the Derby game at 1-1), I certainly wouldn't be against giving him another shot, let's be honest, he can't be any worse

Meyler is so slow though and given that it also takes our central defenders an age to move the ball forward he would slow us down even more. I thought he was a good signing but so far it looks like I was wrong. Maybe he should be given another chance because we have to protect our back four better than this. Ezatolahi is the answer but we have to wait a few weeks yet before he returns.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2018 21:13

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal oxf*rd disgraceful showing first half. No character, no desire, no shape, no coordination. Ipswich were bigger, stronger, quicker, more direct, more confident. Best team I've seen this season based on first half (faint praise indeed).

Jaakkola - 5 kicking terrible
Yiadom - 3 awful display.
Moore 4 so brainless and casual
O'Shea 3 showing why he's on for a relegation hattrick
Blackett 5 poor
Bacuna 3 astoundingly bad
Rinomhota 5 poor
Kelly 6 more desire than the rest of midfield and defence together
Barrow 4 fell over at nothing, although booking was nonsense and a fk
Baldock 5 ok but some poor touches
Meite 7 very lacklustre other yhan thr brace

Swift 5
McNulty 5
McCleary 6

I don't see how Clement can do anything about that sort of gutless first half bullshit.

Hi Ian. I haven't watched the game. It wasn't on ifollow so I will watch it later this week. I just have one question, and I promise I'm not trying to start something, but I looked up the whoscored stats for the match just now and Rinomhota was statistically the worst player on the pitch. I'm not saying stats are everything here but is there a chance that you rated him higher than several of the others because you want him to be good? That you want him to back up your positives opinions of his last performance?

In all honesty, I gave him a 5 because I couldn't remember a thing he'd done. Whereas, for example, I could remember Bacuna under and over hitting pass after pass, turning into trouble and generally just ambling about the place ineffectually. Especially first half. Likewise, the number of times Yiadom lost out, failed to make a tackle or generally fell over the ball, or O'Shea stood statuesque or played someone into trouble were numerous beyond belief.

I'll take a look at the stats at some point to see how my view of the game stacks up.

Don't worry about the 'I come in peace' bollocks, phrase it as a genuine question and I'll take it as such. :wink:

206 posts