MATCHWATCH : Wigan Athletic (a) sponsored by Nicky Forster

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wigan Athletic (a) sponsored by Nicky Forster

by windermereROYAL » 24 Nov 2018 17:17

Old Man Andrews
windermereROYAL
alfie9 Clement survives again. It's all so tiresome.

Sorry we didn`t lose to keep you happy. what a fcuking div.

Take your tongue out of Clement's arsehole you bell. People can say whatever the f*ck they like. Grow up.

And thats exactly what I did, people that hope we lose are not real fans

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Nov 2018 17:20

Clement is just keeping us above the brink, in my opinion far more by luck than good management. Luck running out and/or a couple of slip ups and we are in real trouble. In my opinion it is tantamount to suicide persevering with a guy who hasn't produced any signs of a positive change for the better and appears to pick his teams out of a hat.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 24 Nov 2018 17:20

Think it’s fair to say we’ll be the « Tony Gubba » game of the day.

I’ll take the point.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2018 17:22

windermereROYAL
Zip Well it’s a point. The bare minimum against a team that had lost four on the bounce. Clement will probably survive. Onto Leeds next. Not sure he will still be manager on Wednesday morning.

3 unbeaten and Clement will get sack if we lose at Leeds, thats a pretty stupid comment even by this boards standards.

Yeah and we may well be in the bottom three after Tuesday night. So hardly stupid unless you are brain dead.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Nov 2018 17:24

Zip
windermereROYAL
Zip Well it’s a point. The bare minimum against a team that had lost four on the bounce. Clement will probably survive. Onto Leeds next. Not sure he will still be manager on Wednesday morning.

3 unbeaten and Clement will get sack if we lose at Leeds, thats a pretty stupid comment even by this boards standards.

Yeah and we may well be in the bottom three after Tuesday night. So hardly stupid unless you are brain dead.

I think we all know the answer to that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Nov 2018 17:27

Tough set of games now

Will be delighted if we aren’t in the bottom 3 in 4 games time

Missed a big chance to create a gap on the bottom 3 and pull in the likes of Brizzle into range

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2018 17:28

windermereROYAL
Old Man Andrews
windermereROYAL
Sorry we didn`t lose to keep you happy. what a fcuking div.

Take your tongue out of Clement's arsehole you bell. People can say whatever the f*ck they like. Grow up.

And thats exactly what I did, people that hope we lose are not real fans

I suspect the vast majority of us want to see Clement turn this around. I like him. He is painfully honest but we continue to struggle.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2018 17:30

Hound Tough set of games now

Will be delighted if we aren’t in the bottom 3 in 4 games time

Missed a big chance to create a gap on the bottom 3 and pull in the likes of Brizzle into range

Indeed. Both Ipswich and Wigan have been in very poor form. We really needed a bit of breathing space.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2018 17:38

IIRC we haven't won an away game and kept a clean sheet since the 14th October 2017 vs Leeds, even then they missed a 90th minute penalty. That is shocking

Why are wasters like Aluko and Barrow still here? Get rid of them, Popa, Harriott, Mcshane, Ilori, Meyler (won't play for us again), Edwards, Clement (like him but he's not going to play), one of the goalies, and then add a CM, winger and CB in January. Also give Novakovich a chance when his loan ends, I don't agree with just chucking youth in but he's proved himself

However positives are, we kept a clean sheet and are now unbeaten in three games, let's get a result at Leeds and move ahead

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Nov 2018 17:59

URZZZZ IIRC we haven't won an away game and kept a clean sheet since the 14th October 2017 vs Leeds, even then they missed a 90th minute penalty. That is shocking

Why are wasters like Aluko and Barrow still here? Get rid of them, Popa, Harriott, Mcshane, Ilori, Meyler (won't play for us again), Edwards, Clement (like him but he's not going to play), one of the goalies, and then add a CM, winger and CB in January. Also give Novakovich a chance when his loan ends, I don't agree with just chucking youth in but he's proved himself

However positives are, we kept a clean sheet and are now unbeaten in three games, let's get a result at Leeds and move ahead

Oh man, they'd hate it if little tinpot Reading beat them.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Nov 2018 18:20

Zip
Indeed. Both Ipswich and Wigan have been in very poor form. We really needed a bit of breathing space.

Reading are hardly a settled injury free team bursting with energy. :shock:

Unfortunately watching a team build is a slow process.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Nov 2018 18:21

Zip I suspect the vast majority of us want to see Clement turn this around. I like him. He is painfully honest but we continue to struggle.

A couple of decent January signings could gell the bones together. There's a lot of future promise in this squad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Nov 2018 18:26

I agree we aren’t far away. If Eza lives up to his early promise and Ilori can get himself back in, or we sign a new quality CB, I think we have a solid side

Aluko really needs to be binned off for good, and don’t like any combo of Swift and Kelly in the CM

Other than that, we’ve a ton of half decent options up front and plenty of cover for injuries

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2018 18:27

Lower West
Zip I suspect the vast majority of us want to see Clement turn this around. I like him. He is painfully honest but we continue to struggle.

A couple of decent January signings could gell the bones together. There's a lot of future promise in this squad.

Without doubt. Hopefully Ezatolahi will be available very soon. That will help. This division is very tight. Not any really outstanding teams but not many really weak ones.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2018 18:36

Hound I agree we aren’t far away. If Eza lives up to his early promise and Ilori can get himself back in, or we sign a new quality CB, I think we have a solid side

Aluko really needs to be binned off for good, and don’t like any combo of Swift and Kelly in the CM

Other than that, we’ve a ton of half decent options up front and plenty of cover for injuries

+1

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Nov 2018 18:58

Hound I agree we aren’t far away. If Eza lives up to his early promise and Ilori can get himself back in, or we sign a new quality CB, I think we have a solid side

We've had 5 managers in the last 4 years, we need a manager to hang around and get to grips with the players we have.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Nov 2018 18:59

^ this

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 24 Nov 2018 19:31

Not really good enough folks. Wigwam are the sort of team we should be getting 3 points from
Thats Ipswich and Wigwam. Sort of shows how far we've fallen. :cry:

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 24 Nov 2018 19:38

I liked the look of Simms, Loader and McNulty when they came on, they are all quick, neat and have good movement, its something i'd like to see more of moving forward.
Kelly and Swift must be stopped from being on the same pitch together, it just doesn't work. Swift is clearly the better of the two and i thought Rinomota had a decent game but tired late on. Its been mentioned a few times before but i really think Ilori would be a decent shout in the DM position. The guy has a good touch, can pass and is pretty quick as well, i really think this would work.
Clement must be given this window with Nani and lets see what they can do, a CB and a CM are a must and then offload at least 6 or more of the deadwood and see what happens.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Nov 2018 19:40

Appalling management today. I mean wtf is he doing picking Aluko. 2 points dropped imo.
That's all.