1436 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New Manager

by genome » 21 Dec 2018 09:34

Old Man Andrews
maffff
Old Man Andrews
You don't even know the municipal capital of Portugal.

Vai tomar no cu, OMÃ.

Você não é nada mais do que um final de sino fraudulento.

"You're nothing more than a fraudulent butt ending"?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Dec 2018 09:35

genome
Old Man Andrews
maffff Vai tomar no cu, OMÃ.

I stand by my comments.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Dec 2018 09:49

maffff
Barcelona Blue from his press conference HE doesnt to come.

Oh, you also speak Portuguese? Because that's clearly not the tone - as I corrected Jonathan Low about yesterday.

Yeah, that confused me. If he doesn't want to come, all he has to do is say no.

It's the old platitude of not shitting on your own doorstep and publicly saying you are interested in case it falls through and you end up looking like a twat. Steve Clarke should probably take notes.

It's a win-win situation for him, stay at a club where he's settled or take up a potentially lucrative offer abroad and from what I can see, he's tested the resolve of Rio Ave by placing the the onus on them to reject or accept our approach.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Dec 2018 10:10

From Despair To Where?
maffff
Barcelona Blue from his press conference HE doesnt to come.

Oh, you also speak Portuguese? Because that's clearly not the tone - as I corrected Jonathan Low about yesterday.

It's the old platitude of not shitting on your own doorstep and publicly saying you are interested in case it falls through and you end up looking like a twat. Steve Clarke should probably take notes.

It's a win-win situation for him, stay at a club where he's settled or take up a potentially lucrative offer abroad and from what I can see, he's tested the resolve of Rio Ave by placing the the onus on them to reject or accept our approach.

I remember Dean Smith said pretty much exactly the same thing as Gomes did in a post-match interview regarding leaving Brentford. The next day he was unveiled as Villa manager

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Dec 2018 10:19

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

I stand by my comments.

Save that one for when our new Portuguese manager is sacked.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Dec 2018 10:29

genome
From Despair To Where?
maffff

I remember Dean Smith said pretty much exactly the same thing as Gomes did in a post-match interview regarding leaving Brentford. The next day he was unveiled as Villa manager

Which is exactly my point. It's a fairly standard PR platitude that people read far too much into.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 21 Dec 2018 11:04

Gomes 1/20 with Sky, think it'll be announced today .

With a huge sigh we'll just have to see what happens, if we start winning he'll be ok , if not, he'll be gone by the end of the season.

Always amazes me that these bizarre appointments are done without any consultation or thoughts of the lifeblood and existence of the club, ie us the fans.

With his track record wish I'd applied now having won many Sunday leagues titles in my time.

Trying to recall a new Reading manager that's ever been received with so much gloom and misery in my many years as a STH, I can't think of one.

Piri Piri chicken anyone ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Dec 2018 11:15

Gunny Fishcake
Always amazes me that these bizarre appointments are done without any consultation or thoughts of the lifeblood and existence of the club, ie us the fans.

Why would a professional organisation consult a group of people who have no idea how the inner workings of said organisation work?

I find it bizarre that football fans feel such a strong sense of entitlement when it comes to big decisions relating to the club.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 21 Dec 2018 11:16

Gunny Fishcake Gomes 1/20 with Sky, think it'll be announced today .

With a huge sigh we'll just have to see what happens, if we start winning he'll be ok , if not, he'll be gone by the end of the season.

With his track record wish I'd applied now having won many Sunday leagues titles in my time.

Trying to recall a new Reading manager that's ever been received with so much gloom and misery in my many years as a STH, I can't think of one.

Piri Piri chicken anyone ?

Terry Bullivant.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Dec 2018 11:16

Hendo
Gunny Fishcake

Why would a professional organisation consult a group of people who have no idea how the inner workings of said organisation work?

I find it bizarre that football fans feel such a strong sense of entitlement when it comes to big decisions relating to the club.

The owners hire the manager and the supporters fire the manager, thats the normal way it works anyway.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Dec 2018 11:24

maffff Gomes is reasonably thought of, not at the same level as Castro by deemed no worse than Nuno pre Wolves. Can see him surprising a lot of you, in a good way. Not one I am overwhelmed or disappointed by either way - but the hyperbole here is ridiculous. I wish him well, he'll have my backing.

Listen to you as if you think you have some sort of inside knowledge. You've got no better idea who he is than any of the rest of us!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Dec 2018 11:27

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-reasons-why-jose-gomes-would-be-an-excellent-appointment-by-reading/4/

Fills me with great confidence. On the basis of what positives this article is written on, I would be just as good an appointment!!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Dec 2018 11:28

Can somebody please explain the logic of this appointment?

The manager may have started this year "OK" but his team's last 5 league games
are DLLLD and he also lost 5-2 in the cup

He has never had a serious success anywhere, he has had a shedload of clubs
suggesting he is not a long-term man, the Portuguese pundits say his teams
can't defend (perfect fit for Reading). What did I miss?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Dec 2018 11:31

Hendo
Gunny Fishcake

On finances etc, sure, but whether a manager has a good or bad track record,
whether a manager seems like a fit with the team, the club, the FANS...

If you think a manager can be successful while hated by fans, that's a new one

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 21 Dec 2018 11:34

I have no grief with JG the man himself, but the board, owners and senior management team, oh boy where do l start!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Dec 2018 11:35

John Smith https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-reasons-why-jose-gomes-would-be-an-excellent-appointment-by-reading/4/

Fills me with great confidence. On the basis of what positives this article is written on, I would be just as good an appointment!!

Lol. Number one reason he'd make an excellent appointment - "he speaks perfect English". Brilliant.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Dec 2018 11:37

Pepe the Horseman
John Smith https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-reasons-why-jose-gomes-would-be-an-excellent-appointment-by-reading/4/

Lol. Number one reason he'd make an excellent appointment - "he speaks perfect English". Brilliant.

Well that rules John out then. He wouldn't be just as good an appointment.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Dec 2018 11:39

Pepe the Horseman

Only 3 reasons as well.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 21 Dec 2018 11:40

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Manuel_Gomes

Already our manager according to Wiki

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Dec 2018 11:40

Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman

Well that rules John out then. He wouldn't be just as good an appointment.

Come on mate, it's Christmas

1436 posts