MATCHWATCH : Manchester United (a) sponsored by down down deeper and down

279 posts
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Manchester United (a) sponsored by down down deeper and down

by tmesis » 02 Jan 2019 21:52

Ascotexgunner I'd personally have preferred to have got knocked out by League 2 side and noone notice than face this lot with the possibility of utter humiliation on live tv.

The consolation there is that other than United or Reading fans, no bugger will be watching it.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 03 Jan 2019 00:07

Snowflake Royal
Kitsondinho
Snowflake Royal Jaakkola (last opportunity he'll likely get to play against a massive club)
Youth team RB - Balogan? Burley? Howe?
Richards
Osho
Moore
Rinomhota
Kelly
McCleary
Harriott (deserves a 'reward' after scoring on his first game back after virtually two years)
Loader
Bodvarsson

Walker, Yiadom, Ilori, East, Swift, Meite, blank (just to make a point to Aluko, Barrow and co.)

I’d rather see Vito in goal.

If that's you're only point of disagreement I'm doing well!

Don't rate Mannone... he's on my list to give a 'good luck in your new job' card this January.

I realise that maybe implies I rate Jaakkola or Walker... I wouldn't go that far.

In my view Vito is our best keeper at the moment. I would keep him this window BUT we need to be looking for a consistent number 1.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 03 Jan 2019 02:28

Won’t this game count as game 3 of Bacuna and Blacketts suspension ??

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jan 2019 02:33

Yes it will, unless we appeal and ask for the bans to be extended.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jan 2019 04:55

Nameless Yes it will, unless we appeal and ask for the bans to be extended.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jan 2019 09:09

ha, don't think it will though. In another thread but it only applies to league

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Jan 2019 09:29

We should appeal to the FA to never have that Mini Hitler clown who refereed that Millwall match and the QPR home game ever again.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jan 2019 09:48

Hound

I don't think that is true.

I am sure that all domestic bans apply to all domestic competitions.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 03 Jan 2019 09:54

Could this game be one of the most embarrassing performances shown on live TV? Damage limitation is a must - hopefully we can be brave and hold on for a at least 30 mins.
We are a team that have no real defending or attacking qualities. Playing a team that is fully motivated and scoring all sorts of goals.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jan 2019 10:02

Hendo
Hound

Check the injuries thread. No actual view on it myself as didn’t bother to read but think the consensus was it was league only

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 03 Jan 2019 12:34

Snowball
Barney
Gunny Fishcake We are 28/1 with SkyBet , I can never recall higher odds for a football team in a match.

Burton are 40/1 to win at Man City next week.

Oooh 1,189 Double with Reading to win at Man Utd

We all put £1,000 on it (well 100 of us) - get a return of £1,189,000 each, and then we can buy the club
and still have half-a-million each.

LOLOL

Reading are 250/1 to win 6-0 , I'll happily lay 2,500,000/1 providing it's a minimum wager of £1

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Jan 2019 13:01

Gunny Fishcake
Snowball
Barney
Burton are 40/1 to win at Man City next week.

Oooh 1,189 Double with Reading to win at Man Utd

We all put £1,000 on it (well 100 of us) - get a return of £1,189,000 each, and then we can buy the club
and still have half-a-million each.

LOLOL

Reading are 250/1 to win 6-0 , I'll happily lay 2,500,000/1 providing it's a minimum wager of £1

Seriously Man U 0-6 Reading should be 10,000-1

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2019 13:07

Hound
Hendo
Hound

Check the injuries thread. No actual view on it myself as didn’t bother to read but think the consensus was it was league only

Someone posted up the rules and platy pointed out they basically said all domestic.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Jan 2019 14:58

Coppells Lost Coat Could this game be one of the most embarrassing performances shown on live TV? Damage limitation is a must - hopefully we can be brave and hold on for a at least 30 mins.
We are a team that have no real defending or attacking qualities. Playing a team that is fully motivated and scoring all sorts of goals.

Yep. Haven't been so worried for a game since Derby (a) on the last day in '08

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Jan 2019 15:06

John Smith
Coppells Lost Coat Could this game be one of the most embarrassing performances shown on live TV? Damage limitation is a must - hopefully we can be brave and hold on for a at least 30 mins.

Yep. Haven't been so worried for a game since Derby (a) on the last day in '08

Well we won that so there should be absolutely no concerns at all. :wink:

russyb

by russyb » 03 Jan 2019 15:44

Kitsondinho
Snowflake Royal Jaakkola (last opportunity he'll likely get to play against a massive club)
Youth team RB - Balogan? Burley? Howe?
Richards
Osho
Moore
Rinomhota
Kelly
McCleary
Harriott (deserves a 'reward' after scoring on his first game back after virtually two years)
Loader
Bodvarsson

Walker, Yiadom, Ilori, East, Swift, Meite, blank (just to make a point to Aluko, Barrow and co.)

I’d rather see Vito in goal.

I would give Walker a chance actually, he did have a couple of good games and people were raving about him, (he did also have a couple of mares, but which player in our team hasn't)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Jan 2019 17:56

Goalkeeper - Jaakkola has had too many poor performances recently, looks like Mannone is off, so I'd give Walker another chance

Defenders - the four that played were shocking against Swansea, feel United would bully Richards with Fellaini and Lukaku peeling off to the back post regularly, therefore I would change all four

Midfielders - they all did OK on Monday, but feel Aluko and Swift are a little too similar so would look to maybe change someone there, would still like to see Meyler given a second chance but that's looking more unlikely by the week

Attack - front three were an absolute disgrace on Tuesday, Barrow and Meite put in zero effort, and Meite walking off the pitch should exclude him from the squad altogether, childish pedantic act. McCleary was no better, he's miles past it, needs to be sold ASAP

Bearing all this in mind, I'd go

Walker
Gunter Moore Osho Blackett
Bacuna Rinomhota
Harriott Aluko Baldock
Bodvarsson

Jaakkola, Richards, O'Shea, Meyler, Swift, McNulty, Loader on the bench

Trying to avoid putting Osho in there because United may be too strong for him and a poor performance may shatter his confidence, so wouldn't be too disappointed to see O'Shea in there

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Jan 2019 18:07

URZZZZ Goalkeeper - Jaakkola has had too many poor performances recently, looks like Mannone is off, so I'd give Walker another chance

Defenders - the four that played were shocking against Swansea, feel United would bully Richards with Fellaini and Lukaku peeling off to the back post regularly, therefore I would change all four

Midfielders - they all did OK on Monday, but feel Aluko and Swift are a little too similar so would look to maybe change someone there, would still like to see Meyler given a second chance but that's looking more unlikely by the week

Attack - front three were an absolute disgrace on Tuesday, Barrow and Meite put in zero effort, and Meite walking off the pitch should exclude him from the squad altogether, childish pedantic act. McCleary was no better, he's miles past it, needs to be sold ASAP

Walker
Bacuna Rinomhota
Harriott Aluko Baldock
Bodvarsson

Trying to avoid putting Osho in there because United may be too strong for him and a poor performance may shatter his confidence, so wouldn't be too disappointed to see O'Shea in there

Blackett and Bacuna are suspended aren't they? would put in Yiadom for Blackett, as I didn't think he did too badly (at least, in comparison to the rest of them). Not sure who for Bacuna though. Kelly?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Jan 2019 18:43

muirinho
URZZZZ Goalkeeper - Jaakkola has had too many poor performances recently, looks like Mannone is off, so I'd give Walker another chance

Walker
Bacuna Rinomhota
Harriott Aluko Baldock
Bodvarsson

Blackett and Bacuna are suspended aren't they? would put in Yiadom for Blackett, as I didn't think he did too badly (at least, in comparison to the rest of them). Not sure who for Bacuna though. Kelly?

Pretty sure the red cards only follow the competition they were sent off in, they're both on 2 games out of 3 so will be unavailable for Forest. As United is the FA Cup and is therefore a different competition, I think they're both available to play

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Jan 2019 19:08

The only hope really is that the players should be up for the game, so they ought to play better than they normally do.

And when I say "hope", I mean as "hope we aren't embarrassed", not get something from the game. If we keep if to 0-4 I'll be almost happy.

279 posts