windermereROYAL It happens

Have you been drinking?

How did you guess?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Manchester United (a) sponsored by down down deeper and down

by BR0B0T » 05 Jan 2019 18:21

Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal I can scarcely believe what I've been reading in here. Who would ever have thought in our illustrious history that one day, we would play Manchester United, at Old Trafford, and give them a good game...and yet some fans can barely say one single positive thing about it, and instead spend their time being negative throughout, and ruining everyone's experience...

Where the heck have you been? We gave Utd a good game throughout the 90s and 00s when we played them. The only time I recall we didn't is under Stam.

Do you rem all the moaning on here back in '37...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jan 2019 18:35

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Uke I’m certain Ian was watching a different video of Swift to what we saw on the tellybox

Tbh, with everyone’s agendas on here took far more notice of the SS ratings.

Harriott star man and Swift a 7

Thing I find frustrating is that if we play safe little balls back and forward in defence everyone moans, but then he gets crucified for giving the ball away when trying to take a ‘risk’.

It's because he takes the wrong risks in the wrong positions and doesn't deliver.
80% of that game he worked hard, played well, moved the ball well. And yet it was the same story. Didn't trouble the keeper. Didn't really play anyone in with a good ball where it could do damage and made a handful of easily avoidable and costly errors.

As I've said, when he starts delivering I'll start forgiving the errors. At least he was in the right position today and his performance was greatly improved on some of his appalling efforts.

Didn’t see the game so can’t comment too much but that sounds a more considered summary than the ‘Swift is shit’ ones earlier by various posters

Personally think he has done pretty well recently, and seems to me to be one of our biggest ‘triers’ tbh

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Jan 2019 18:41

Hound
Uke I’m certain Ian was watching a different video of Swift to what we saw on the tellybox

Thing I find frustrating is that if we play safe little balls back and forward in defence everyone moans, but then he gets crucified for giving the ball away when trying to take a ‘risk’.

Agree on Harriot and Swift but Rinomhota was star man for me. Worked his socks off and won loads of balls in midfield as well as covering the back line. I suspect when this season is over he may well be the only shinning beacon in this shambles we find ourselves in.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Jan 2019 18:44

We are probably getting a little carried away with this, yes very encouraging watching it on telly, no doubt in my mind that the united team on the field today were up for it.
But Forest next week will press us much higher up the pitch, we have shown what talented players we have and can work very well as a team, but can we do it on home soil? after two decent away performances in the last few weeks we need the same kind of stuff in front of the cynical home support.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2019 18:58

Ascotexgunner
Hound

Agree on Harriot and Swift but Rinomhota was star man for me. Worked his socks off and won loads of balls in midfield as well as covering the back line. I suspect when this season is over he may well be the only shinning beacon in this shambles we find ourselves in.

Pots by an absolute mile already. One bad game and that was simply being anonymous. He just does everything you want him to and keeps it so simple.

He's calm, he's strong, he can tackle, he can pass, use both feet, he's quick. He won't score much or get many assists but he does everything you want from a hardworking defensive midfielder.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jan 2019 19:02

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound

It's because he takes the wrong risks in the wrong positions and doesn't deliver.
80% of that game he worked hard, played well, moved the ball well. And yet it was the same story. Didn't trouble the keeper. Didn't really play anyone in with a good ball where it could do damage and made a handful of easily avoidable and costly errors.

As I've said, when he starts delivering I'll start forgiving the errors. At least he was in the right position today and his performance was greatly improved on some of his appalling efforts.

Didn’t see the game so can’t comment too much but that sounds a more considered summary than the ‘Swift is shit’ ones earlier by various posters

Personally think he has done pretty well recently, and seems to me to be one of our biggest ‘triers’ tbh

He certainly doesn’t try too hard to make a tackle or win a header. He remains a luxury. He does have ability. Today he worked the ball really well to Yiadom to set up a half chance. His passing was mainly very good too. I’m not sure we can afford to play him in the Championship in our current plight.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2019 19:06

Zip
Hound
Snowflake Royal

He certainly doesn’t try too hard to make a tackle or win a header. He remains a luxury. He does have ability. Today he worked the ball really well to Yiadom to set up a half chance. His passing was mainly very good too. I’m not sure we can afford to play him in the Championship in our current plight.

On second viewing of Yiadom's chance, it looked like the pass only came off because Swift accidentally played the ball off his own leg. Even then the shot only came about thanks to a smart turn and Jones being a donkey.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 05 Jan 2019 19:10

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
Hound

Pots by an absolute mile already. One bad game and that was simply being anonymous. He just does everything you want him to and keeps it so simple.

He's calm, he's strong, he can tackle, he can pass, use both feet, he's quick. He won't score much or get many assists but he does everything you want from a hardworking defensive midfielder.

Which is most unfortunate, because we could certainly use more of that from our midfielders, the stats for whom I posted recently. When people say on a weekly basis 'I can't see where the goals are coming from', I think our midfielders are instrumental in that. I like Rino a lot and he's very young, but I'd say its an area of his game that will need to improve. You see other def-mid's still weighing in with a few goals/assists over the course of a season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jan 2019 19:15

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Hound

On second viewing of Yiadom's chance, it looked like the pass only came off because Swift accidentally played the ball off his own leg. Even then the shot only came about thanks to a smart turn and Jones being a donkey.

The thing is Swift is reasonably tall but rarely wins a header. Nor does Kelly but he has an excuse. It creates a problem in central midfield as these two won’t win a header between the pair of them.

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 05 Jan 2019 19:21

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

The thing is Swift is reasonably tall but rarely wins a header. Nor does Kelly but he has an excuse. It creates a problem in central midfield as these two won’t win a header between the pair of them.

Not a completely new idea, but I reckon Ilori could do much better at DM than at CB. Not sure how it would affect the balance of the team, though, and probably best not to start experimenting with him in the middle of a relegation scrap.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Jan 2019 19:31

BR0B0T
windermereROYAL
BR0B0T
lols that sounds like fighting talk...

maybe we could go a few rounds for charity?

No conest fatty

out of interest, why do you have this confidence do you fight regularly or train?

BR0B0T stop being naughty, can’t you go and do some knuckle press ups or something?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2019 19:34

Ultra mma at Rivermead (once again) in April...c’mon Brobes......my ‘golden child’ is up for it again if you fancy it :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jan 2019 19:35

CavershamRoyal
Zip
Snowflake Royal On second viewing of Yiadom's chance, it looked like the pass only came off because Swift accidentally played the ball off his own leg. Even then the shot only came about thanks to a smart turn and Jones being a donkey.

Not a completely new idea, but I reckon Ilori could do much better at DM than at CB. Not sure how it would affect the balance of the team, though, and probably best not to start experimenting with him in the middle of a relegation scrap.

Quite possibly.I just dont think Ilori is what we need right now, Too casual. With Ezatolahi due back I would hope he will take the DM role leaving Rinomhota playing in central midfield. Not quite sure where that leaves Bacuna/Swift/Kelly/Aluko. One of them would need to play ACM. I think there is the making of a decent midfield.
We need so much more from our wingers though.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Jan 2019 19:54

Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal I can scarcely believe what I've been reading in here. Who would ever have thought in our illustrious history that one day, we would play Manchester United, at Old Trafford, and give them a good game...and yet some fans can barely say one single positive thing about it, and instead spend their time being negative throughout, and ruining everyone's experience...

Where the heck have you been? We gave Utd a good game throughout the 90s and 00s when we played them. The only time I recall we didn't is under Stam.

When did we play United in the 1990's apart from an FA Cup drubbing at Elm Park circa 1997??

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jan 2019 22:03

AthleticoSpizz Ultra mma at Rivermead (once again) in April...c’mon Brobes......my ‘golden child’ is up for it again if you fancy it :wink:

I'm not going to be in England much for the next three months. Is your lad going to do it again?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2019 22:08

Yeah, creamed it last time.....1:48 round one..just looking for a decent opponent now...someone just like you :)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2019 02:01

BR0B0T
AthleticoSpizz Ultra mma at Rivermead (once again) in April...c’mon Brobes......my ‘golden child’ is up for it again if you fancy it :wink:

I'm not going to be in England much for the next three months. Is your lad going to do it again?

So that’s I’m a fcuking pussy who gives it out on hob nob, then

#hardman

279 posts