JOSE GOMES' BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Man Andrews

Re: JOSE GOMES' BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 22:40

sandman
Old Man Andrews
AthleticoSpizz You saddo

All I know is that he missed an opportunity at OT , like many else have...and yes, I know FA about football despite watching the first black back in the day player at EP...get back to your Ian Royal baiting ‘m8’ ....no contest

You clearly don't because you just said he missed. He didn't miss, he didn't even shoot because he's not the level.

Just because you're an old man it doesn't mean you know anything. Your opinions on footballing matters are at best laughable.

A lot like your entire existence then.

Notice you cannot dispute anything ive said. Carry on licking the backsides of all of the players who've let us down for 2 years.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2019 22:45

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews
You clearly don't because you just said he missed. He didn't miss, he didn't even shoot because he's not the level.

Just because you're an old man it doesn't mean you know anything. Your opinions on footballing matters are at best laughable.

OMA - a 12 year old has got your login details. I think they’ve had it for about a year.

Explains why you're talking to me then eh.

What are you wearing?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 22:46

leon
Old Man Andrews
leon
OMA - a 12 year old has got your login details. I think they’ve had it for about a year.

What are you wearing?

The outfit you bought me....

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 06 Jan 2019 22:51

We were Jaap Stam in,
Jaap Stam out,
Clement in,
Clement out,
We changed it all about,
We brought in Jose Gomes,
Now he's turned us around,
And that's what it's all about,

Oh Jose Gomes,
Oh Jose Gomes,
Oh Jose Gomes,
League one, oxf*rd off, rah rah rah!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2019 22:56

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews

What are you wearing?

The outfit you bought me....

It’s not too crafty around the crotch?

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 07 Jan 2019 10:10

Don't really understand the criticism of Loader on here. Looked very cool on the ball and had some nice touches.

Yes, he could have been more cynical. However if he had tucked the ball away after rounding the keeper, then everybody on here would be lauding him. Small margins.

He needs his first goal in the senior team. Let's see what happens after that..

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 10:24

savage 4 england Don't really understand the criticism of Loader on here. Looked very cool on the ball and had some nice touches.

Yes, he could have been more cynical. However if he had tucked the ball away after rounding the keeper, then everybody on here would be lauding him. Small margins.

:roll:

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 07 Jan 2019 10:28

Old Man Andrews
savage 4 england Don't really understand the criticism of Loader on here. Looked very cool on the ball and had some nice touches.

:roll:

Clinical :oops:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 10:29

The problem is that he's not really looked like scoring despite having several good chances. He's just very heistent in his finishing which lacks any conviction right now.

That doesn't mean he isn't still an excellent prospect or good player, just that he would probably benefit from a step back and a few more goals in an easier environment as a refresher before having another go.

Obviously anyone saying he's actively not up to it or plays badly is just clueless or on a wind up.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 07 Jan 2019 10:34

Snowflake Royal

The problem is that he's not really looked like scoring despite having several good chances. He's just very heistent in his finishing which lacks any conviction right now.

That doesn't mean he isn't still an excellent prospect or good player, just that he would probably benefit from a step back and a few more goals in an easier environment as a refresher before having another go.

Obviously anyone saying he's actively not up to it or plays badly is just clueless or on a wind up.

Don't necessarily disagree he could do with a couple of games in the U23s to regain his scoring touch. I do however disagree with throwing him into League Two to "toughen him up". A player of his type will not benefit from being kicked on dodgy pitches.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 10:37

savage 4 england
Snowflake Royal

Don't necessarily disagree he could do with a couple of games in the U23s to regain his scoring touch. I do however disagree with throwing him into League Two to "toughen him" up. A player of his type will not benefit from being kicked on dodgy pitches.

Agree. The right League One loan might be good for him, but I think the best bet is to put him in a familiar environment where he is used to success to apply what he's learnt in the first team.

Challenge him to score x goals for the U23s etc and come back for another go in the first team.

No problem persisting with him in the first team, especially while we're short up top, just think he'd benefit from a step back and isn't quite there yet.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jan 2019 10:42

Snowflake Royal
savage 4 england
Snowflake Royal The problem is that he's not really looked like scoring despite having several good chances. He's just very heistent in his finishing which lacks any conviction right now.

Don't necessarily disagree he could do with a couple of games in the U23s to regain his scoring touch. I do however disagree with throwing him into League Two to "toughen him" up. A player of his type will not benefit from being kicked on dodgy pitches.

Agree. The right League One loan might be good for him, but I think the best bet is to put him in a familiar environment where he is used to success to apply what he's learnt in the first team.

Challenge him to score x goals for the U23s etc and come back for another go in the first team.

No problem persisting with him in the first team, especially while we're short up top, just think he'd benefit from a step back and isn't quite there yet.

+1 on that. He isn't ready to lead the line in our situation, but its no real surprise. Go back and score some goals in the U23

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Jan 2019 11:05

He's a first team player now. He should be playing and training with them, learning from his manager. It's not his fault that fans can't manage their expectations of him being a saviour.

Whether he should have started quite as many games as he has is a different matter.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jan 2019 11:17

sandman He's a first team player now. He should be playing and training with them, learning from his manager. It's not his fault that fans can't manage their expectations of him being a saviour.

Whether he should have started quite as many games as he has is a different matter.

well thats the crux really. Bod and Meite are currently better options. Again no huge surprise there

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2019 11:25

sandman He's a first team player now. He should be playing and training with them, learning from his manager. It's not his fault that fans can't manage their expectations of him being a saviour.

Sometimes first team players benefit from a step back.

Plenty of our senior squad have played in the U23s for the odd game to improve fitness and recover form.

It's got nothing to do with him being a saviour or not. At the moment he's not looking likely to score and playing in the first XI isn't helping with that so far. In fact, his conviction in front of goal and willingness to have a dig has regressed from what I've seen of his Academy games. Young players need to be managed carefully and just because they make a few appearances doesn't mean they are now only a first team player. Or that they can't benefit from a break and a step back to reflect. And suggesting that as a positive for the player is not a criticism of them, nor a dismissal of the quality.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 07 Jan 2019 21:01

Loader has only played like what 11 games of professional football? I think the championship is a great league for him to adapt to, we need to give him time because he won’t develop if he’s constantly in and out the first team. Give him until the end of the season then reevaluate his position. There’s clearly something about him that warrants us being patient with him, no guarantees when it will happen but it’s either play him or lose him. Plenty of clubs looking at him as we speak I’m very sure of that.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 07 Jan 2019 21:03

leon
Snowflake Royal I like him. His comments about trimming the squad are bang on and he's started using Aluko and Swift better than Clement did.

That's as much as I'll say if you're looking for positives.

Clement was an appalling manager. The players hated him, apparently, and his stats are beyond shit. As in worst RFC manager ever. Possibly.

I’m sure you’ll check and report back. If I’m wrong.

It really was a shit show.anyway.

No. Worst RFC manager ever - statistically - FACT.

biff

by biff » 07 Jan 2019 21:54

Loader has looked very handy really. Very tidy link up play, cant expect the chap to be up front alone, especially with the "wingers" we have. Keep him around the first team set up, he'll learn a hell of a lot on the job along side a strike partner. A goal will bring many imo

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Jan 2019 22:20

TiagoIlori Loader has only played like what 11 games of professional football? I think the championship is a great league for him to adapt to, we need to give him time because he won’t develop if he’s constantly in and out the first team. Give him until the end of the season then reevaluate his position. There’s clearly something about him that warrants us being patient with him, no guarantees when it will happen but it’s either play him or lose him. Plenty of clubs looking at him as we speak I’m very sure of that.

Have you looked at the league table recently? We don't have time to let him develop, OK if we're sitting in 14th then it's a valid argument, but we can't be waiting for young players to deliver in the position we're in

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jan 2019 22:26

biff Loader has looked very handy really. Very tidy link up play, cant expect the chap to be up front alone, especially with the "wingers" we have. Keep him around the first team set up, he'll learn a hell of a lot on the job along side a strike partner. A goal will bring many imo

+1