MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by Yakubu

220 posts
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by Yakubu

by Denver Royal » 19 Jan 2019 19:17

Lower West While results under Clement weren't great. Felt as if the side was coming together

Why do some feel the need to tell us the same thing a hundred times, usually after a defeat, when we heard them the first time?
Re. Derby match thread, any thoughts on the players today?

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 19 Jan 2019 19:21

Just to clear up a couple things here.

Their first goal was 2 yards offside.

Aluko was brilliant when he came on and that is coming from someone who wanted him gone in the summer.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Jan 2019 19:25

Ref. Aluko Ranty Mc

You’ll have to go up and square up to Ian Royal on that one...he says he was sh1t

From the distance of the radio and courtesy of Tim and Mick, he sounded great today

Still, Ian knows better

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Jan 2019 19:36

Ranty McRantface Just to clear up a couple things here.

Aluko was brilliant when he came on and that is coming from someone who wanted him gone in the summer.

And their 2nd was a wicked deflection.
Yep, Aluko is much improved under Gomes, and so are Barrow and Swift.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Jan 2019 20:23

Fair way to go yet, but it`s starting to look like a 4 team league that we need to finish top of...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jan 2019 20:50

Add Wigan for 5

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2019 21:17

Denver Royal

I'm interested in there being so much praise for Aluko. Whilst he's certainly far better under Gomes and he scored, I didn't think he looked a much cop. Every time I saw him receive the ball he seemed to be controlling it into his own shin and then having to take another touch. Some poor decision making with when and where to pass and walking into a couple of challenges. He was certainly involved a lot, but bar the goal Ejaria created on his own, I don't think we looked much like scoring second half. I thought Swift and Ejaria looked more integral to our better play.

His stats are better than I expected on Whoscored though, and I didn't see how bad we were in the first half. So maybe I'm being harsh because I just don't like him, and maybe it was his influence that lifted Ejaria and Swift.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Jan 2019 21:24

Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal

I'm interested in there being so much praise for Aluko. Whilst he's certainly far better under Gomes and he scored, I didn't think he looked a much cop. Every time I saw him receive the ball he seemed to be controlling it into his own shin and then having to take another touch. Some poor decision making with when and where to pass and walking into a couple of challenges. He was certainly involved a lot, but bar the goal Ejaria created on his own, I don't think we looked much like scoring second half. I thought Swift and Ejaria looked more integral to our better play.

His stats are better than I expected on Whoscored though, and I didn't see how bad we were in the first half. So maybe I'm being harsh because I just don't like him, and maybe it was his influence that lifted Ejaria and Swift.

Maybe you got him confused with Bacuna :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2019 21:33

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal And their 2nd was a wicked deflection.

:lol: I worked that one out after not too long. Shouldn't try to watch whilst catching up on the first half events via the match thread.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 19 Jan 2019 23:11

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

Careful, Ian will be calling you a Racist for that comment.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 19 Jan 2019 23:18

From where I was sitting, Yiadom played their player onside.......

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jan 2019 23:51

I thought we were really good 2nd half.

Ilori can oxf*rd off out of the club, doesn't give a single shit and that first half confirms that for anyone debating it.

Rinomhota shouldn't have been moved to right back. We know it, the players know it and now Gomes knows it. He will learn from his mistake.

BBC Radio Berkshire have been horrendous today on air and on social media.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Jan 2019 00:07

BBC Bluerinse have been spot-on today tbf (they said what you have just said...but they said it before you said it)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Jan 2019 01:36

Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal

So you watch a game and then go onto a stats website to “prove” your option is correct and post on a fans website?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jan 2019 06:22

AthleticoSpizz BBC Bluerinse have been spot-on today tbf (they said what you have just said...but they said it before you said it)

Criticising Gomes at every turn just because he isn't Phil Parkinson really isn't productive. The supporter reaction to both Ady and Tim today tells you everything.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2019 09:00

leon
Snowflake Royal

So you watch a game and then go onto a stats website to “prove” your option is correct and post on a fans website?

No, Leon. Have another go later if you work it out.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Jan 2019 09:09

Old Man Andrews
AthleticoSpizz BBC Bluerinse have been spot-on today tbf (they said what you have just said...but they said it before you said it)

Criticising Gomes at every turn just because he isn't Phil Parkinson really isn't productive. The supporter reaction to both Ady and Tim today tells you everything.

Yeah it says this,

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kingsley_Royal/status/1086715829377552384

You don't have to have wanted Phil Parkinson as manager, I certainly didn't, to see that Gomes made mistakes in team selection and the substitution of Barrow.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jan 2019 09:32

sandman
Old Man Andrews

Yeah it says this,

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kingsley_Royal/status/1086715829377552384

You don't have to have wanted Phil Parkinson as manager, I certainly didn't, to see that Gomes made mistakes in team selection and the substitution of Barrow.

No that Tweet is the response of someone who agrees with the bashing of a new manager because he is an unknown name from a different country. That is what Radio Berkshire have done before he even got the job. Why is it not an option to point out both the selection mistake of Gomes and how poor BBC Radio Berkshire have been at the same time?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2019 09:48

Maybe you missed the memo OMA, people aren’t allowed to have nuanced opinions on a subject, or hold two simultaneous opinions.

You must pick a black or white position and stick with that.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Jan 2019 10:07

Snowflake Royal
leon
Snowflake Royal

No, Leon. Have another go later if you work it out.

I’ve had a think about it. And, no.

220 posts