CONFIMRED - Matt Miazga

133 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Matt Miazga

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2019 19:42

Nameless We’ve got 5 options we can use at left back ! Not all perfect, not all available right now.
Blackett has been absolutely fine there this season.
If signing a 4th keeper is questionable then signing a 6th option at LB doesn’t seem a top priority.

Agree. I'd quite like to see Richards get a L1 or 2 loan. And we'd still have enough to not need to sign a new LB.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2019 19:45

Blackett is fine there. Adds height and strength to the back line as well

Yiadom isn’t a great LB - hope that isn’t repeated. Would rather Gunter there than him. Richards is ok as back up

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jan 2019 20:06

I really don’t have a problem with Richards, if we had to start him every game at LB it wouldn’t be ideal but there are other positions and players which I feel let us down considerably more. Besides, Blackett has improved there and Gunter is alright on the left.

Whilst we’re on the subject what’s the Obita latest?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Jan 2019 20:22

Hound Blackett is fine there. Adds height and strength to the back line as well

Yiadom isn’t a great LB - hope that isn’t repeated. Would rather Gunter there than him. Richards is ok as back up

The last time Gunter played at left back we drew a game we should have won when he decided it would be an excellent idea to head the ball out for a Rotherham corner with no one around him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2019 20:48

Didn’t say he was good there

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jan 2019 21:38

CountryRoyal I really don’t have a problem with Richards, if we had to start him every game at LB it wouldn’t be ideal but there are other positions and players which I feel let us down considerably more. Besides, Blackett has improved there and Gunter is alright on the left.

Obita has to have a 3rd op, unfortunately.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jan 2019 22:06

Hendo
CountryRoyal I really don’t have a problem with Richards, if we had to start him every game at LB it wouldn’t be ideal but there are other positions and players which I feel let us down considerably more. Besides, Blackett has improved there and Gunter is alright on the left.

Obita has to have a 3rd op, unfortunately.

Poor lad. Hope this isn’t career defining for him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jan 2019 22:08

Hound Didn’t say he was good there

He isn’t good anywhere, he’s just marginally better at left back than he is on his natural right - where he is utterly and unequivocally atrocious.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Jan 2019 22:12

If Llori leaves then would need to play centre back. As it is Lllori is injured and may not be available for Bolton.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2019 22:28

Lower West

If Llori leaves then would need to play centre back. As it is Lllori is injured and may not be available for Bolton.

I really don't understand why people think Ilori is Welsh and spell his name wrong on the first letter. It's not even hard. It's just rude.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2019 22:41

Lower West

Any reason you’d play Blackett at cb rather than our new American loanee ?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 25 Jan 2019 23:02

Its a real shame we are in this tough position in the league as i really liked the look of Osho and McIntyre when they played, but with us being in this position it really is to much of a gamble playing young players in such important games.
I hope both get loaned out to Div One sides for the remainder of the season and gain valuable minutes in a decent league. The likes of Rinomhota, McIntyre and Osho as well as the other stars in the academy are our future and its critical they get managed in the correct manner.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 25 Jan 2019 23:10

From Despair To Where? Gomes seems to have targetted the spine of the team and brought in 5 players who, on paper, are better suited to what he wants to do.

I'm impressed that in 1 month, he's been able to assess the squad, make changes, bring in what appear to be targetted signings and instill a bit of positivity.

It's all about results but I think he's giving us a fighting chance.

Yeah , agree with all that. Makes you wonder , despite all of Clements roles at Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid & Bayern, actually how well thought of he is the game. I'd fully expected him to be bringing in the type of players Jose is, or ,is this maybe just the joorabchian effect ?
Anyhow, I'm just thankful that the owners have the balls /commitment to support wholesale change. Needed to happen and they appear to be backing the Manager, not forgetting the Senior Management they've moved out and on in recent months.
Looks like we have strong leadership at the top.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jan 2019 23:26

Snowflake Royal
Lower West

I really don't understand why people think Ilori is Welsh and spell his name wrong on the first letter. It's not even hard. It's just rude.

Tbf it’s not even rude, it’s just stupid.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jan 2019 23:27

Snowflake Royal
Lower West

LW can literally go stick his head up his ass. This Llori/McLeary/Atkins crap winds me up far too much.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Jan 2019 00:04

El Diablo
From Despair To Where? Gomes seems to have targetted the spine of the team and brought in 5 players who, on paper, are better suited to what he wants to do.

I'm impressed that in 1 month, he's been able to assess the squad, make changes, bring in what appear to be targetted signings and instill a bit of positivity.

Yeah , agree with all that. Makes you wonder , despite all of Clements roles at Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid & Bayern, actually how well thought of he is the game. I'd fully expected him to be bringing in the type of players Jose is, or ,is this maybe just the joorabchian effect ?
Anyhow, I'm just thankful that the owners have the balls /commitment to support wholesale change. Needed to happen and they appear to be backing the Manager, not forgetting the Senior Management they've moved out and on in recent months.

More than likely it's the Joorabchian effect given it's the same loan strategy used the last time he had a major influence at the club.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2019 00:12

Except its absolutely the right direction to go at the moment. Regardless of financial clout there is absolutely no point in trying to sign permanents, anyone we would want would more than likely not come, we don’t know what division we will be in and we don’t want to be burdened with wrong players on wrong contracts for whatever reason. This seems a good strategy to me in a relatively no lose situation. The loanees are crap and we go down anyway, they oxf*rd off and we are no worse off, or they provide enough quality or at least a catalyst to get us out of this mess and survive to play in the championship again when we can have a better shot of getting the recruitment right. For once I have no problems with bringing in a bunch of loanees, especially because in my opinion they all have something to be relatively optimistic about.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Jan 2019 00:24

Oh I agree.

But i never said anything about whether it was a good or a bad strategy. Just that it is the same strategy that was employed the last time Joorabchian was involved.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2019 00:32

Yeah fair enough I guess it’s hard to guage as regardless of his involvement it’s probably the way to go. Certainly hope it’s not a long term strategy, although I think it’s fairness to say we can all be forgiven for having a short term mindset right now!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jan 2019 07:01

sandman
El Diablo

More than likely it's the Joorabchian effect given it's the same loan strategy used the last time he had a major influence at the club.

Only Gomes seems to have got the players he needs, rather than 3 attacking midfielders and a 3rd Division full back.

133 posts