Fcuking hell, that’s brutal

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Villa

by 72 bus » 02 Feb 2019 22:09

leon
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal :lol:

I always enjoy you're "I know goalkeeping" routine.

My extensive qualifications and experience in the subject enjoy it to. Notice everyone laughs at your footballing opinions Ian? Doesn't that tell you something? You're just a big joke here.

What I’m enjoying, is the mangling of the English language and grammar you two clowns are dishing up whilst attempting to land blows on each other, like piss addled tramps fighting over a dead pigeon.

Leon, Iv'e just come back from the Pub, proper pissed and that made me spit my Strongbow at my monitor.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 02 Feb 2019 22:10

Those injuries are horrific :o Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Feb 2019 22:13

Regardless of whether or not it was accidental it was 100% avoidable. It is not natural instinct for Mings to put his foot down like that. Anyone who has played football or rugby at any decent, competitive level has been in a similar situation and knows exactly how easy it is to avoid contact. If he doesn't get a ban retroactively I will be shocked. Shocked I tells ya.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Feb 2019 22:17

... and Mings has form, don't forget

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Feb 2019 22:19

I hope the FA look at this incident. I find it very hard to believe this was accidental.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Feb 2019 22:20

NewCorkSeth Regardless of whether or not it was accidental it was 100% avoidable. It is not natural instinct for Mings to put his foot down like that. Anyone who has played football or rugby at any decent, competitive level has been in a similar situation and knows exactly how easy it is to avoid contact. If he doesn't get a ban retroactively I will be shocked. Shocked I tells ya.

Yes of course. He has either been at best very careless or at worst a thug.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2019 22:23

Like the Zlatan one it’s incredibly difficult to tell if there was any intention

I do think he could have at the very least made more of an effort not to land on his face like that though

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Feb 2019 22:24

Very similar to when Cooper of Leeds stamped on Reece Oxford, didn`t he get a long ban, something like 10 games?
What ever happens it looks like are loanee injury jinx has struck once again.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 02 Feb 2019 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 02 Feb 2019 22:24

I thought the rule of thumb was, "if it had been a team mate could you have avoided standing on his face"?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 02 Feb 2019 22:25

Old Man Andrews
Scutterbucketz
leon
Ah mate if only you’d been in the ED stand. It was epic.

I was kind of hoping you’d see me in Y19 dressed all in black, taking up 3 seats and looking thoroughly fukkkng put out.

I do t know if they played well compared with previous weeks. All I know is I was critically bored. Maybe this is all on me? Some part of me might have died.

Possibly my boredom threshold as a direct result of the huge rise of internet culture? ; Whenever I’m bored usually I whip out my phone and start watching cat videos. Not an option in Y19.

I think all the excitement of the snow tired you out and you just couldn't get yourself up for the game. It was one of the all time great 0-0 draws.

That’s possible. Except before and now after Im having a fukkkng great time. Just wowed my missus and her friend with my magic thumbs routine. That’s nothing sexual, just a dance art form I like to indulge in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Feb 2019 22:31

Hound Like the Zlatan one it’s incredibly difficult to tell if there was any intention

I do think he could have at the very least made more of an effort not to land on his face like that though

Zlatan one looks more deliberate to me, but not certain. There's the barest hint on Oliveira of not putting his full weight through it, although his face suggests otherwise.

Two in a few years is highly suspicious, but I tend towards not thinking malice where it could be an accident.

I can't see the FA doing anything personally, there's no way I could call that either way on balance of probability.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Feb 2019 22:39

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/vie ... n-oliviera

"Tyrone Mings should be charged with Assault (ABH) and banned by the #FA.
I've studied the video and with great knowledge of anatomy and human movement, the foot down on Oliveiras face was an unnatural movement. Mings extended his hip as opposed to a natural flexion which would have taken his foot beyond Oliveiras head. 100% convinced this was deliberate. 1 stride before his left foot comes down with an extending knee and flexed hip (natural movement) complete opposite to the stamping stride!"

biff

by biff » 02 Feb 2019 22:41

100% very obviously intentional. Im phucking fuming.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Feb 2019 22:44

URZZZZ Had high hopes for Gomes after QPR but I just can't see it

Opposition set-up differently. Aston Villa pressed high virtually all game. Whereas QPR were happy to defend deep. Allowing Reading to play in front of them. Same as Man Utd. Gomes is effectively having a preseason in season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Feb 2019 22:51

biff 100% very obviously intentional. Im phucking fuming.

We’ve all played football albeit at a much lower level. I find it very hard to believe that any of us have inadvertently stamped on somebody’s face like this. I think it’s deliberate. Twice in two years. Wow.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Feb 2019 22:53

Lower West
URZZZZ Had high hopes for Gomes after QPR but I just can't see it

Opposition set-up differently. Aston Villa pressed high virtually all game. Whereas QPR were happy to defend deep. Allowing Reading to play in front of them. Same as Man Utd. Gomes is effectively having a preseason in season.

Villa’s press was highly inconsistent, almost looked like they didn’t really know what they were doing.
Sometimes they closed us down quickly in numbers, sometimes 1 tried to close down but the rest dropped off. A few times they initially dropped off then rather belatedly pushed up on us. I thought we dealt with it quite well, we created our own problems sometimes by just not playing the right pass or not really playing through on the clearance.

biff

by biff » 02 Feb 2019 23:00

Zip

We’ve all played football albeit at a much lower level. I find it very hard to believe that any of us have inadvertently stamped on somebody’s face like this. I think it’s deliberate. Twice in two years. Wow.

Exactly. His momentum would EASILY take him away from Oliviera's face. But he extends his leg to make sure of damage. Ive played years of 11 a side and never seen it happen. Then this cnut does it twice in 2 years. No coincidence.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 02 Feb 2019 23:18

biff
Zip

Exactly. His momentum would EASILY take him away from Oliviera's face. But he extends his leg to make sure of damage. Ive played years of 11 a side and never seen it happen. Then this cnut does it twice in 2 years. No coincidence.

Yeah, I didn't think it was intentional at the time, but having watched the video several times, I'm now not so sure. From the video, he clearly looks down at the decisive moment, rather than looking ahead for the ball.
The ref didn't issue a card, or even a foul, and he'll file his report. But in any event, won't be shocked if they still take a look at it. (Isn't that done more routinely these days now with head injuries?). And as you say, he does have prior.

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 02 Feb 2019 23:48

Denver Royal
biff
Zip We’ve all played football albeit at a much lower level. I find it very hard to believe that any of us have inadvertently stamped on somebody’s face like this. I think it’s deliberate. Twice in two years. Wow.

Yeah, I didn't think it was intentional at the time, but having watched the video several times, I'm now not so sure. From the video, he clearly looks down at the decisive moment, rather than looking ahead for the ball.
The ref didn't issue a card, or even a foul, and he'll file his report. But in any event, won't be shocked if they still take a look at it. (Isn't that done more routinely these days now with head injuries?). And as you say, he does have prior.

I think it looks worse having watched the video........

424 posts