MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (h) sponsored by Gunnarsson hitting the bar

197 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (h) sponsored by Gunnarsson hitting the bar

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2019 23:08

All the more surprising that we started the last game without an actual striker on the pitch and our two top scorers on the bench.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Feb 2019 23:59

Snowflake Royal All the more surprising that we started the last game without an actual striker on the pitch and our two top scorers on the bench.

That's because Jose has quite rightly sussed out that both sides tend to go long in the latter stages of the second half in the chump, neither bod or meite have a solid 90 mins in them so it makes sense to put them on then.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Feb 2019 01:19

Snowflake Royal All the more surprising that we started the last game without an actual striker on the pitch and our two top scorers on the bench.

I think a false 9 works when you have goalscorers all over the pitch, I do think it's a role Aluko could play well, he does find pockets of space well and he does look after the ball generally well

However, as discussed in another thread, we simply don't have the goalscorers round the pitch to do that. Therefore, all in all, it probably wasn't the smartest decision and did predictably end in a nil scoreline for us.

Be interested to know what % of our goals have been scored by strikers/players no longer here. Going from memory, I'd hazard a guess it's around 80%. Now whether that's a sign of positive contributions from the strikers or no contribution from the others is another question

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2019 08:10

URZZZZ

I think a false 9 works when you have goalscorers all over the pitch, I do think it's a role Aluko could play well, he does find pockets of space well and he does look after the ball generally well

However, as discussed in another thread, we simply don't have the goalscorers round the pitch to do that. Therefore, all in all, it probably wasn't the smartest decision and did predictably end in a nil scoreline for us.

Be interested to know what % of our goals have been scored by strikers/players no longer here. Going from memory, I'd hazard a guess it's around 80%. Now whether that's a sign of positive contributions from the strikers or no contribution from the others is another question

Well that's easy. Between them Bod, Meite, Baldock and Oliveira have 19, plus McNulty 1 and Bacuna 3 makes 23. There are 8 other players to score, all with 1 goal.

So non-strikers who are still here have scored 26% of our goals, whilst Bod, Meite and Baldock have got 58% of them.

The contributions of Swift, Barrow, Aluko and McCleary to goalscoring have been poor. I'm prepared to forgive G who has only started 9 games and come back from a lengthy spell out. And hasn't put in any truly awful performances either unlike the other three.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 13 Feb 2019 10:51

thanks

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2019 14:31

J Low reckons that Oliveira will feature tonight in some way. Obvs good news all round

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2019 14:41

Hound J Low reckons that Oliveira will feature tonight in some way. Obvs good news all round

What have the Chronicle said?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2019 15:07

Old Man Andrews
Hound J Low reckons that Oliveira will feature tonight in some way. Obvs good news all round

they've repeated the claim. I think they posted it before J Low but I trust JL not to just copy and paste from the chron nowadays - he knows better than that.

Is this setting up your standard 'Expect Oliveira not to be seen for the rest of the season' joke?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2019 15:10

Hound
Old Man Andrews

they've repeated the claim. I think they posted it before J Low but I trust JL not to just copy and paste from the chron nowadays - he knows better than that.

Is this setting up your standard 'Expect Oliveira not to be seen for the rest of the season' joke?

No I was just asking the question but thanks for your sniping. To be expected these days sadly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2019 15:11

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews

No I was just asking the question but thanks for your sniping. To be expected these days sadly.

:lol: You're just sulking coz I stopped you telling it...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2019 15:13

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

:lol: You're just sulking coz I stopped you telling it...

Its all I have though.............

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2019 15:14

I promise I won't do it next time, so you can have your moment of glory

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Feb 2019 19:17

Reading: Martínez, Yiadom, Moore (c), Miazga, Blackett, Kelly, Swift, Ejaria, Richards, Aluko, Oliveira.
Subs: Walker, Gunter, Harriott, Baker, Barrow, Méïté, Böðvarsson.

Blackburn Rovers: Raya, Bell, Mulgrew, Travis, Rodwell, Smallwood, Bennett, Conway, Evans, Brereton, Armstrong.
Subs: Leutwiler, Reed, Graham, Rothwell, Williams, Dack, Nyambe.

Starts for Kelly and Oliveira

Load of wingers on the bench and two left backs start :?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Feb 2019 19:23

Sutekh Reading: Martínez, Yiadom, Moore (c), Miazga, Blackett, Kelly, Swift, Ejaria, Richards, Aluko, Oliveira.

Blackburn Rovers: Raya, Bell, Mulgrew, Travis, Rodwell, Smallwood, Bennett, Conway, Evans, Brereton, Armstrong.

Interesting, good to see back 4 unchanged (although not surprising after two clean sheets).

Wingers have been a bit ineffective recently so trying something new, plus Richards will track back.

Good to say Dack on the bench for Rovers.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Feb 2019 19:32

this on t'internet

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Feb 2019 19:34

Presuming Rinomhota has this week’s mystery injury/illness

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Feb 2019 19:38

Sutekh Presuming Rinomhota has this week’s mystery injury/illness

That, or he’s just absolutely oxf*rd after playing nearly every minute for the best part of 2 months.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2019 19:39

Yep JLow tweeted his was injured a while back. He is showing off with his sources nowadays

Kelly, Swift and Aluko doesn’t scream of a competitive midfield. Absolutely have to control possession in there, don’t want to be chasing it about

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2019 19:44

Sutekh Reading: Martínez, Yiadom, Moore (c), Miazga, Blackett, Kelly, Swift, Ejaria, Richards, Aluko, Oliveira.

WTF is that about? 5 at the back? Where's Rino?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2019 19:47

Rino injured. Be 4 at the back with Richards left mid

197 posts