Re: Sone Aluko to China!

by Hound » 08 Nov 2019 11:39

We bid, Norwich declined

Unsurprisingly Fulham accepted our similar offer for Aluko

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2019 17:08

Yeah, I think we needed to go a couple mil higher for Oliveira, who was exactly what we needed, so we decided to save money by massively overpaying a little less for a player who wasn't even remotely what we needed and was renowned as show pony who didn't deliver.

And he turned out to be a clueless show pony who didn't deliver.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Nov 2019 17:25

Snowflake Royal Yeah, I think we needed to go a couple mil higher for Oliveira, who was exactly what we needed, so we decided to save money by massively overpaying a little less for a player who wasn't even remotely what we needed and was renowned as show pony who didn't deliver.

And he turned out to be a clueless show pony who didn't deliver.

I bet Norwich regret not selling now though. They didnt make much money off him in the end.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2019 17:45

Yeah turned out badly for everyone - Norwich, us, Aluko, Oliveira....

The only ones laughing were Fulham who couldn’t believe their luck

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 23:02

To be fair, they wasted their profit on Aluko on the likes of Rui Fonte, Zambo Anguissa, Seri, Kamara, the list goes on. Not sure they should be the ones laughing

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Nov 2019 01:05

I hate Fulham

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Nov 2019 06:20

URZZZZ To be fair, they wasted their profit on Aluko on the likes of Rui Fonte, Zambo Anguissa, Seri, Kamara, the list goes on. Not sure they should be the ones laughing

That is true

Didn’t exactly spend it wisely

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Nov 2019 06:53

leon I hate Fulham

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Nov 2019 09:17

Hound Yeah turned out badly for everyone - Norwich, us, Aluko, Oliveira....

The only ones laughing were Fulham who couldn’t believe their luck

And now we have Sheff Weds fans laughing so hard that we’ve massively overpaid for Joao. I suspect we haven’t paid anything like the quoted £5m until we win the Premier League and Joao scores the winner in the next World Cup final

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Nov 2019 09:56

Hound
URZZZZ To be fair, they wasted their profit on Aluko on the likes of Rui Fonte, Zambo Anguissa, Seri, Kamara, the list goes on. Not sure they should be the ones laughing

That is true

Didn’t exactly spend it wisely

In hindsight, I don't think Norwich are complaining either. Promoted with 25 goals from a free transfer signing.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Dec 2019 15:00

Just to cheer everyone up around Christmas, Aluko was part of the Christmas squad photo, available to play from Fulham (A) onwards

I still think he can offer us something but I’d prefer to give Olise a shot

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Dec 2019 15:03

URZZZZ Just to cheer everyone up around Christmas, Aluko was part of the Christmas squad photo, available to play from Fulham (A) onwards

Hold up. What can he offer? I would obviously prefer Olise to be given a shot too but I cant think of a reason to integrate Aluko back in.

We have a plethora of players like him but better.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Dec 2019 15:09

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ Just to cheer everyone up around Christmas, Aluko was part of the Christmas squad photo, available to play from Fulham (A) onwards

Hold up. What can he offer? I would obviously prefer Olise to be given a shot too but I cant think of a reason to integrate Aluko back in.

He can be cover for Swift and Ejaria in case they get injured again, you can see how badly we struggled without those two

Remember he played well for a few games in a more central role under Gomes

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Dec 2019 15:51

Wouldn’t surprise me if Sone Aluko simply earns too much to be given another go, reckon he’ll be shipped out again as quickly as possible.

Of course if that opportunity never arises then he should be given a chance just in case MB can make something better of him. All down to Sone and how he shows in training.

Same with Vito Mannone too but I would expect there to be definite interest in taking his services given his performances in the US

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Dec 2019 15:56

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth

He can be cover for Swift and Ejaria in case they get injured again, you can see how badly we struggled without those two

Or he could oxf*rd off and Olise could do it like he should have done already this season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Dec 2019 16:15

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth Hold up. What can he offer? I would obviously prefer Olise to be given a shot too but I cant think of a reason to integrate Aluko back in.

Or he could oxf*rd off and Olise could do it like he should have done already this season.

Well yeah but Bowen doesn’t seem to have much trust in Olise. I’m just saying, if Aluko is here by the end of the window, as Suketh said, we may as well give him another chance if we’re still paying his wages and if he’s performing in training etc

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Dec 2019 17:39

Isn’t Aluko on a four year deal? So his contract won’t expire until June 2021. Given the wages and transfer fee I think this is the worst signing in our entire history.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Dec 2019 18:01

Zip Isn’t Aluko on a four year deal? So his contract won’t expire until June 2021. Given the wages and transfer fee I think this is the worst signing in our entire history.

Undoubtedly imo

Wouldn’t be anywhere near the squad for me. Would rather pay him off if can’t get rid to someone else

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Dec 2019 18:13

Hound
Zip Isn’t Aluko on a four year deal? So his contract won’t expire until June 2021. Given the wages and transfer fee I think this is the worst signing in our entire history.

Undoubtedly imo

Wouldn’t be anywhere near the squad for me. Would rather pay him off if can’t get rid to someone else

+1

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 24 Dec 2019 18:29

Aluko is a strange one.
I am sure I saw him play for Fulham on tv a couple of times and he looked absolute quality.
Then every game for Reading he has been awful ,bar that goal against QPR.
What is wrong with the guy ? Has he fallen out of love for football ?
I think we should just cut our losses on him,and just at his excess salary and dump him somewhere.

233 posts