Rinhomota

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rinhomota

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Feb 2019 20:38

Hound
Hoop Blah
Hound
Would say Eza, Rino and Kelly can all do the role.

In agreement I'd rather have bought in another solid CM than Baker/Ejaria though. Esp once they knew Bacuna was on his way

I’d say that’s rather naive I’m afraid, although that’s possibly the (incorrect) view the club took as well.

I’m trying to look at it from the clubs point of view. If you read my posts (fully understand if you didn’t), I don’t rate Kelly at all. I’m one of his biggest critics on here rightly or wrongly. But he has played the DM role.

The Ezatolahi situation is a little strange. He really should have been back months ago, and we know he is still there. I do wonder if there was a complication or he re-did the injury. 5 months with a muscle injury is a hell of a lot

See, I don't think Kelly has really played a DM role, because he can't and isn't suited to it. I think he's played a deep role, but it's not the same thing. And it might be one of the reasons you dislike him so much.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Feb 2019 21:33

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Hoop Blah
I’d say that’s rather naive I’m afraid, although that’s possibly the (incorrect) view the club took as well.

I’m trying to look at it from the clubs point of view. If you read my posts (fully understand if you didn’t), I don’t rate Kelly at all. I’m one of his biggest critics on here rightly or wrongly. But he has played the DM role.

The Ezatolahi situation is a little strange. He really should have been back months ago, and we know he is still there. I do wonder if there was a complication or he re-did the injury. 5 months with a muscle injury is a hell of a lot

See, I don't think Kelly has really played a DM role, because he can't and isn't suited to it. I think he's played a deep role, but it's not the same thing. And it might be one of the reasons you dislike him so much.

Little point Kelly sitting deep if he provides no defensive cover.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Feb 2019 22:05

It does fall into semantics a little bit. He has certainly played as one of the deeper midfielders who are tasked with breaking up the opposition attacks. One of his jobs would certainly be defensive cover, if not a ‘destroyer’ like Ezatolahi

I imagine stats wise he is quite similar to Bacuna in tackles attempted etc. He just isn’t as good

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Feb 2019 22:47

Hound It does fall into semantics a little bit. He has certainly played as one of the deeper midfielders who are tasked with breaking up the opposition attacks. One of his jobs would certainly be defensive cover, if not a ‘destroyer’ like Ezatolahi

I imagine stats wise he is quite similar to Bacuna in tackles attempted etc. He just isn’t as good

Not too dissimilar, but surprisingly Kelly is a touch better on the tackles. Unsurprisingly he gets dribbled round more, but he's also been better at interceptions. Doesn't half show how good Ezatolahi was in his four games and what a fantastic step up Rinomhota has made.

Successful / Attempts / Percent
Rinomhota - 1.9 / 2.2 / 86%
Ezatolahi - 2.3 / 3 / 77%
Swift - 1.3 / 2 / 65%
Kelly - 1.6 / 2.5 / 64%
Bacuna - 1.2 / 1.9 / 63%
Meyler - 2.2 / 4.2 / 52%
Baker - 0.7 / 1.5 / 47%

Dribbled past
Rinomhota - 0.3
Swift - 0.7
Bacuna - 0.7
Baker - 0.8
Ezatolahi - 0.8
Kelly - 1
Meyler - 2

Interceptions
Ezatolahi - 3.3
Meyler - 1.4
Kelly - 1.2
Rinomhota - 1.1
Bacuna - 0.8
Swift - 0.8
Baker - 0.5

Kelly can pull his weight defensively, but it shouldn't be his primary job. He's a playmaker... not been great at it, but then playmakers will always struggle in poor teams, he's ok.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Andy Rinomhota

by Sutekh » 25 Feb 2019 14:41

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but just in case.

New 3.5 year deal signed. Now tied down to summer 2022

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/f ... -new-deal/

Old Man Andrews

Re: Andy Rinomhota

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Feb 2019 14:43

Sutekh Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but just in case.

Just means we can sell him for more in the summer. I'd find it hard to believe he won't be snapped up by a better team.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 25 Feb 2019 14:49

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but just in case.

Just means we can sell him for more in the summer. I'd find it hard to believe he won't be snapped up by a better team.

Well this injury could be a blessing in disguise for us as he’ll be out of the public eye at the moment.

If we get relegated it’s a different story though. And it’s pretty clear we’ve got a better chance of survival with him in the team.

Hopefully we can lose Kelly instead

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 25 Feb 2019 14:54

Notts Royal

What like, down the back of the sofa?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 25 Feb 2019 14:58

Coppells Lost Coat
Notts Royal

What like, down the back of the sofa?

Anywhere...he’s about as useful as a broken TV remote!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Feb 2019 13:17

Excellent news. Hopefully he learns from how Tish stalled on leaving and sticks around for at least another full season.

Id be very happy with a Rinomhota - Kelly midfield base in League One.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Feb 2019 13:56

yep could certainly do a good job in L1.

Interesting to see a load more academies have signed today. Genuinely think the club are making some solid plans for L1 if it happens.

Pipe dream possibly, but could line up with Southwood, Richards, McIntyre, Osho, Obita, Watson, Kelly, Rino, Novakovich and Loader next season, with lads like Holsgrove on the bench

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Feb 2019 17:33

I would buy a ST to see that line up in L1 in a heartbeat.

Obviously the ideal would have a bit more of a blend of experience, but Id be happy seeing any of those individuals, and others, being regulars in the first team in L1.

I find the idea quite exciting. Far more exciting than watching Swift, Kelly, Aluko, Barrow, Moore abd McCleary all disappoint in yet another Championship relegation battle next year. Or even mid-table mediocrity.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Feb 2019 17:38

Sweet baby Jesus.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 27 Feb 2019 10:25

Not entirely sure that settling for mediocrity isn't part of the problem permeating the club for the last couple of years! If Snowflake's view is typical then we're doomed, doomed l tell you!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Feb 2019 14:19

leon Sweet baby Jesus.

My thoughts exactly. Beyond help and hope.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Feb 2019 00:07

You guys might prefer to watch journeymen failures lose regularly at championship level. Id prefer to watch Reading products win more often at a lower level.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Feb 2019 00:14

While a youth infused League One Reading could be fun to watch next season, I'd much rather we stay up even if we ended up in another relegation scrap. While I feel the gap has widened and we should get promoted again within a season or two, there is still no guarantee we'd be in for a quick return and a prolonged stay in League One could set us back considerably.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 28 Feb 2019 07:03

tidus_mi2 While a youth infused League One Reading could be fun to watch next season, I'd much rather we stay up even if we ended up in another relegation scrap. While I feel the gap has widened and we should get promoted again within a season or two, there is still no guarantee we'd be in for a quick return and a prolonged stay in League One could set us back considerably.

More likely that the better half of youth products (worth watching) are even more likely to leave. Great fun watching that occur...

Absolutely twaddle to want relegation.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Feb 2019 10:23

Snowflake Royal You guys might prefer to watch journeymen failures lose regularly at championship level. Id prefer to watch Reading products win more often at a lower level.

You're very confident that we don't end up with lower quality journeymen, while our better players look after their careers elsewhere.

I wouldn't be!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Feb 2019 13:04

muirinho
Snowflake Royal You guys might prefer to watch journeymen failures lose regularly at championship level. Id prefer to watch Reading products win more often at a lower level.

You're very confident that we don't end up with lower quality journeymen, while our better players look after their careers elsewhere.

I wouldn't be!

I was simply talking about the example given and wwatching the academy lads, didnt say what would happen.