BFTG Leeds Home

151 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Leeds Home

by Zip » 13 Mar 2019 00:19

John Madejski's Wallet We weren't actually that bad.

We've played far worse than that this season

I thought we were feeble.

sonkimarsson

by sonkimarsson » 13 Mar 2019 00:35

Enjoyed the Bamford bashing, the minutes prior to Leeds scoring their first and Yiadom’s performance. That was about it.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Mar 2019 00:57

This was no different to Saturday we were terrible then but got away with it because Wigan lacked quality in the final third. Tonight every time we gave the ball away cheaply in midfield Leeds punished us. Fortunately for us the hapless Banford was up front a decent striker and the score would have been a lot worse. I know we have a lot of injuries but I expected better than that. If every player showed the same fight and spirit as Yiadom then at least they would have known they had been in a game.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Mar 2019 01:45

I thought we were shit but also running with a threadbare squad not helped by the injury to Ejaria on Saturday. Hopefully we can get a couple back by Saturday and maybe more during the 2 week break.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2019 02:43

Well I actually thought we were pretty damn good by and large, yes we lack quality in the final third and we are too soft at the back but I think we really produced a very respectable display against one of the best teams in the league.

I’m not exactly known for being an RTG either :shock:

Also massive credit to Club 1871, I thought it was excellent, continued singing throughout the game and a good array of songs, Leeds were pathetic but maybe they weren’t used to only 2k (benefit of the doubt).

Genuinely no idea what game I saw compared to you lot but it seems mine is the unpopular opinion. I thought their goals came out of nothing and against the run of play and it was only towards the end of the second half when they started producing more guilt edged chances but didn’t care by that point as the game was lost and the Bamford chants were jokes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 07:23

The Kelly stuff is a bit odd. No fan of his but he’d undoubtedly have been a better bet than East for this game. Swift looks knackered as well. To not even have him on the bench is a massive shun

His days are obviously numbered under Gomes and no problem with that, but at least use him why he is here.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Mar 2019 08:31

URZZZZ
blueroyals
URZZZZ
Meite and Loader aren't championship players, granted Meite has played worse than tonight. He didn't have too many options today but that's his fault for not signing an out and out winger in January and instead buying the same type of players in Ejaria and Baker that we already have in Swift (lightweight)

It isn't difficult. One touch to control the ball, one touch to move it on. Leeds' football is so simple yet so effective. Why are our players insistent on taking four touches before even looking up? Why does Blackett amble back when he's out of position? Why is Yiadom shooting from the byline instead of looking up to see who's free? These are basic footballing errors that we are doing

As I've said before, I like Gomes' passion and most of the time he brings it towards the fans. But I can't warm to him fully yet when the players are doing such stupid basic errors

The same errors they made under Stam, and then Clement? I recall Stam saying multiple times post-match when being questioned about why players do these stupid things, and his reply was something along the lines of "I tell them not to but they keep doing it". This is a shite squad of players and we need to get rid of 80% of them

But a GOOD manager would coach it out of them

Take Leeds. They've had failed manager after failed manager the last few seasons. Bielsa comes in, with the exact same squad as last year and now look at them

Apart from 3 of the starters from last night of course - Bamford, Casilla and Harrison.

They'd have run rings round Meyler, they had mobility, graft and technique in midfield.

You make some good points sometimes, but too often some utter toss.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2019 08:33

Zip That was woeful. Yes Leeds were very good and we were outclassed but we made it so easy for them. When you play a much better side you have to disrupt them and get into their faces. We didn’t and just allowed them all the time in the world. We were also asleep when they took short corners.

Loader needs a loan to a League one side next season and shouldn’t start for the first team again this season. He was very poor. East showed one or two nice touches but his weak clearance resulted in the chance which Hernandez duly took. Yids was the only one who won his personal battles.

I’m struggling to think of many games at this level where we have been so played off the park. Unless we get key players back it’s difficult to see where the points are coming from to keep us safe.

Which League 1 side do you have in mind?

What style do they play?

What type of manager do they have? Is he a progressive manager who is going to give Loader a chance and coach him so he learns things that will develop his career?

Or is he a manager who is under pressure to get results and one or two bad games are going to see Loader sit on someone's bench for 7 or 8 months?

It's alright saying "send him out on loan" but it has to be the right move for him to develop.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Mar 2019 08:51

Saw a team fight and scrap last night so at least we had that, we didn't roll over and some players even put the boot in a bit. We didn't go out with a whimper and ran for 90 mins. Unfortunately we had a depleted team 3 goals down and we had to bring on midfielders, and some players just aren't good enough (yet). Swift when he plays like that is just frustrating, could see the player getting pissed with him for trying to do clever little passes when simple was the best option.

Leeds were class with their movement through the thirds. But thats what you get with a few years of decent recruitment and an established squad. Bielsa come across decent which i wasn't expecting.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Mar 2019 08:56

Interesting comments from Gomes re: Kelly:

He is not injured. He wasn't selected. The reason is, remember the last time that he played. I must work inside me to bring him back to the team.

I didn't like what happened at Sheffield United. He's still my player, he's like my son. But I have children and sometimes we must punish them. He is still training with the first team.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 08:58

Platypuss Interesting comments from Gomes re: Kelly:

He is not injured. He wasn't selected. The reason is, remember the last time that he played. I must work inside me to bring him back to the team.

I didn't like what happened at Sheffield United. He's still my player, he's like my son. But I have children and sometimes we must punish them. He is still training with the first team.

About time someone saw through Liam Kelly. My love for Gomes has grown stronger.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2019 09:02

So if we're blaming others for the distribution mistakes of the goalkeeper then why wasn't Blackett dropped last night after what happened between him and Martinez for the second Wigan goal?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Mar 2019 09:10

Old Man Andrews

About time someone saw through Liam Kelly. My love for Gomes has grown stronger.

Very harsh to make comments in the press like this. Yeah we can see he didn't have a great game but he played what 25 mins??? and got injured after 15? And the 2nd goal was from a hospital pass from Martinez.

Would have been better if he said he was looking at other options as he has a large squad.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 13 Mar 2019 09:11

Old Man Andrews

Couldn't agree more... He's a small midfielder and he needs to offer more. Two players that's spring to mind are Bannan and Duffy... both bring a directness and energy to their teams and stand out most times they play. Just never see that from Kelly... He needs to speed up his game and get hold of the midfield... Just never seen him do it Andy certainly not on a consistent basis. Our team has been crying out for a player like that for years!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2019 09:15

Was starting to warm to Gomes but this and refusing to play Meite as a striker when we have a shortage up front make me doubt him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 09:20

do wonder if there is a bit more to it with Kelly than meets the eye. Wonder if Gomes was actively trying to move him on and he turned down the loan moves for example. There's been a few rumours of poor attitude in his time

Seems a little odd to not even have him in the squad

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 09:21

sandman Was starting to warm to Gomes but this and refusing to play Meite as a striker when we have a shortage up front make me doubt him.

He rotates the front 3, Meite then tends to go central later in the games. I don't have a massive issue with it in the absence of Oliveira.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 09:23

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews

Very harsh to make comments in the press like this. Yeah we can see he didn't have a great game but he played what 25 mins??? and got injured after 15? And the 2nd goal was from a hospital pass from Martinez.

Would have been better if he said he was looking at other options as he has a large squad.

Managers, press and supporters have been giving Liam Kelly a free ride since he came into the first team and it is about time a manager said it like it is. Liam Kelly is 23, he isn't a 17 year old kid just coming into the first team ffs. He needs to deliver on a consistent basis and he never has done. He is weak on or off the ball and can't tackle either. He has nothing to offer us and should be sold in the summer.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Mar 2019 09:23

In the first half we had 3 good chances, and missed them. Leeds had 1 good chance and 2 half chances and buried them.

They then didn't need to get out of second gear really.

Can't blame Gomes, team racked full of injuries so he's limited on options. He's trying to build a philosophy into our game, so why change it for a game everyone expected us to lose anyway? Might as well keep it going and find the holes he needs to work on.

We deserved to lose, i'm not sure 3-0 was a fair reflection.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Mar 2019 09:34

Old Man Andrews
Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews

Managers, press and supporters have been giving Liam Kelly a free ride since he came into the first team and it is about time a manager said it like it is. Liam Kelly is 23, he isn't a 17 year old kid just coming into the first team ffs. He needs to deliver on a consistent basis and he never has done. He is weak on or off the ball and can't tackle either. He has nothing to offer us and should be sold in the summer.

I am not defending Kelly, just why bring up a game where he played 25 mins?? Just lacking a bit of class.
He doesn't suit the style we want, we dont have the players we need to allow him to play = Kelly doesn't play. Not have a go for playing 25 mins and getting injured in a loss.

151 posts