BFTG Leeds Home

151 posts
Pandoras Box

Re: BFTG Leeds Home

by Pandoras Box » 13 Mar 2019 15:20

muirinho A group of Leeds supporters near me were asked to leave - someone complained to the stewards. I know there's an instinctive reaction against grassing people up, but you could have done that.

I did complain to the steward, but he said there was nothing he could do about it, especially in hospitality.
But to be fair he would have had to remove about 60-100+
I’m in upper west ( yeh, yeh) and at most matches you have a complete row to yourself, but all these were completely full last night, and I don’t believe that Leeds are that important to attract 100s of new Reading supporters for one night only.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 Mar 2019 15:41

I did complain to the steward, but he said there was nothing he could do about it, especially in hospitality.

m8

Yeah, expected a loss. 1-0 into 3-0 through two well-taken half chances. Bit harsh. Leeds were very good at times, so yeah, had a decent night watching it and glad Bielsa spat on the cock before it was inserted.

At times, we looked like we had enough for a Stoke or a Hull and that is what will keep us up.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Mar 2019 16:40

stealthpapes

m8

Yeah, expected a loss. 1-0 into 3-0 through two well-taken half chances. Bit harsh. Leeds were very good at times, so yeah, had a decent night watching it and glad Bielsa spat on the cock before it was inserted.

At times, we looked like we had enough for a Stoke or a Hull and that is what will keep us up.

Not now you've handed Nathan Jones and Nigel Adkins their team talk.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 17:12

Only just got round to watching the highlights

Their 2nd and 3rd were phenomenal finishes

They could have easily scored more than they did

Wtaf was the ref thinking not giving a second yellow for Ayling? The clearest yellow card in the history of yellow cards that one

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Mar 2019 17:15

Hound Only just got round to watching the highlights

Wtaf was the ref thinking not giving a second yellow for Ayling? The clearest yellow card in the history of yellow cards that one

Made worse by the fact he booked their LB for exactly the same challenge later in the game.

He bottled it massively.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2019 17:17

Hound Only just got round to watching the highlights

He was going to and then Cooper went over, said "I'm the ref now" and changed his mind.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Mar 2019 17:20

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 13 Mar 2019 17:35

sandman Loader was up against two big experienced centre backs playing for a top team, he got bullied, which is understandable at his age.

No doubting he was poor but he needs someone to play off rather than be up front on his own in a struggling side.

He got bullied because he's short(ish). The 'playing against 2 big CB's' is an obligatory comment in here on a weekly basis. Why? 1) Because that's what this league is, top to bottom, week to week, and 2) Because as a team, conversely, we're small and weak. This imbalance needs to be addressed, and the sooner the better.

Also have an issue when a player (a prospect, actually) comes up from the academy and we suddenly have to adjust our 1st eleven team/formation/system for him because of his physical limitations. I don't think he has shown enough (yet) to warrant that accommodation. Would we have to accommodate Nova?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 Mar 2019 17:51

Hendo

lol

but true

Ayling should have gone. No question.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 13 Mar 2019 18:10

URZZZZ 1) If Gomes can't see Blackett walk back after being caught out of position, then I don't know what to say. Either he can't see it or Blackett is blatantly ignoring instructions. It's not necessarily about the quality of the players, it's the quality of the coaching.

2) As for his comments on Kelly, they're truly pathetic, he's judging someone for 18 minutes of football against 3rd in the league, when Martinez passed straight to their player yet others in the team are untouchable

3) Loader wouldn't look out of place in an u13 game. Barrow needs to drop to non-league football along with Swift, both truly abject footballers.

4) Yiadom 5 - few decent runs forward, unfortunately his end product is so bad that it doesn't matter anyway.

5) But a GOOD manager would coach it out of them. Take Leeds. They've had failed manager after failed manager the last few seasons. Bielsa comes in, with the exact same squad as last year and now look at them.

6) I can't warm to Gomes fully yet when the players are doing such stupid basic errors.

1)How do you know Gomes hasn't seen Blackett when he's 5 yards away on sideline? It's more likely the opposite of what you've said, Blackett has been told, but lacks the quality to execute it.
2)How do you know he's judging Kelly solely on that alone? More likely, Gomes has been judging him from the time he set foot in here in Dec, or even before. (Are you saying Martinez should be dropped?)
3)Lolz, 'truly abject' comments.
(Btw, all the Swift bashers out there are fine, (if monotonous), and I could see how he isn't everyone's cup of tea. However, could you all now constructively start identifying any players out there that are better that we could realistically bring in to replace Swift in that role? I'm all for upgrading the team, if we can. Thanks.)
4) Agree, he simply can't find a teammate with a cross. It's quite remarkable.
5) Yep, some managers are better than others. I hailed Bielsa and Leeds in pre-season (and was promptly told by a few they'd rather have Clement).
6)It's more likely that the players are making mistakes because the players aren't good enough. We knew this last Summer when we knew the squad needed a serious upgrade and we had to have a good window. We didn't.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 13 Mar 2019 20:13, edited 6 times in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Mar 2019 18:15

sandman
Zip That was woeful. Yes Leeds were very good and we were outclassed but we made it so easy for them. When you play a much better side you have to disrupt them and get into their faces. We didn’t and just allowed them all the time in the world. We were also asleep when they took short corners.

Loader needs a loan to a League one side next season and shouldn’t start for the first team again this season. He was very poor. East showed one or two nice touches but his weak clearance resulted in the chance which Hernandez duly took. Yids was the only one who won his personal battles.

I’m struggling to think of many games at this level where we have been so played off the park. Unless we get key players back it’s difficult to see where the points are coming from to keep us safe.

Which League 1 side do you have in mind?

What style do they play?

What type of manager do they have? Is he a progressive manager who is going to give Loader a chance and coach him so he learns things that will develop his career?

Or is he a manager who is under pressure to get results and one or two bad games are going to see Loader sit on someone's bench for 7 or 8 months?

It's alright saying "send him out on loan" but it has to be the right move for him to develop.

What you have just said goes without saying. It is up to our club to ensure he joins a club that will benefit has career progression (obviously).

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Mar 2019 18:24

John Smith We were alright we just weren't brave or physical enough, in the sense that their players were much stronger. There were times when Barrow and Loader could have drawn fouls and cards from Leeds players. The midfield battle clearly lacked steel but we can put this down partly to injuries.

I'd get our lot on the weights personally.

We looked lightweight but it was so much more than that. Leeds worked harder. They pressed us so much more than we did to them. Often one of our players ran down a cul de sac with no one offering for a pass and with two opponents bearing down on him. In contrast Leeds always seemed to have options.
We were also so slow to react at times. Leeds would take a short corner and our lot were switched off.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Mar 2019 18:31

Anyone know why Swift was booked last night on 82 minutes? I'd switched off long before then. No mention made in any report I can find. Thanks in advance.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Mar 2019 18:34

strap Anyone know why Swift was booked last night on 82 minutes? I'd switched off long before then. No mention made in any report I can find. Thanks in advance.

When I saw it it I thought it was because he was spoken to twice before about fouling and had just fouled again in a similar manner to the first 2.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 13 Mar 2019 18:44

NewCorkSeth
strap Anyone know why Swift was booked last night on 82 minutes? I'd switched off long before then. No mention made in any report I can find. Thanks in advance.

When I saw it it I thought it was because he was spoken to twice before about fouling and had just fouled again in a similar manner to the first 2.

TBH He looked so knackered at that point that he was falling over their players. He does try.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Mar 2019 19:00

Denver Royal
URZZZZ 1) If Gomes can't see Blackett walk back after being caught out of position, then I don't know what to say. Either he can't see it or Blackett is blatantly ignoring instructions. It's not necessarily about the quality of the players, it's the quality of the coaching.

2) As for his comments on Kelly, they're truly pathetic, he's judging someone for 18 minutes of football against 3rd in the league, when Martinez passed straight to their player yet others in the team are untouchable

3) Loader wouldn't look out of place in an u13 game. Barrow needs to drop to non-league football along with Swift, both truly abject footballers.

4) Yiadom 5 - few decent runs forward, unfortunately his end product is so bad that it doesn't matter anyway.

5) But a GOOD manager would coach it out of them. Take Leeds. They've had failed manager after failed manager the last few seasons. Bielsa comes in, with the exact same squad as last year and now look at them.

6) I can't warm to Gomes fully yet when the players are doing such stupid basic errors.

1)How do you know Gomes hasn't seen Blackett when he's 5 yards away on sideline? It's more likely the opposite of what you've said, Blackett has been told, but lacks the quality to execute it.

If Blackett lacks the quality to sprint back after being caught out of position, then he shouldn't be a professional footballer. I did originally say Gomes could have seen it but Blackett is just ignoring instructions. I like Blackett but the amount of times he's out of position is staggering, and then he just jogs back after it
2)How do you know he's judging Kelly solely on that alone? More likely, Gomes has been judging him from the time he set foot in here in Dec, or even before. (Are you saying Martinez should be dropped?)

He said "I didn't like what happened at Sheffield United". He surely can't be basing if off his other games, considering he outplayed United's midfield and was OK against Blackburn
3)Lolz, 'truly abject' comments.
(Btw, Swift bashers are fine, (if monotonous), and could see how he isn't everyone's cup of tea. However, could you now constructively start identifying any players out there that are better that we could realistically bring in to replace him in that role? I'm all for upgrading the team. Thanks.)

Swift in the last four games has ran the game in two halves and then been atrocious in the other six halves. I'd rather see 6 out of 10 performances rather than some 8's and then some 3's and 4's (in hindsight, giving a 2 out of 10 was harsh but that's why I shouldn't post straight after a game). I criticized the signing of Aluko but as a CAM, he showed how to play there against QPR for 90 minutes (or however long he was playing)
4) Agree, he simply can't find a teammate with a cross. It's quite remarkable.

Yeah, his composure is shocking, shame because he gets into good positions
5) Yep, some managers are better than others. I hailed Bielsa and Leeds in pre-season (and was promptly told by a few they'd rather have Clement).

He's done a remarkable job and I don't like admitting it. Not going to start the Clement argument again but given the calibre of clubs Bielsa managed, I'm not surprised with what they're doing
6)It's more likely that the players are making mistakes because the players aren't good enough. We knew this last Summer when we knew the squad needed a serious upgrade and we had to have a good window. We didn't.

But he bought 5 of his own players in and IMO, the performances aren't really getting that much better. I hail his committment to the cause, his passion after the Wigan game certainly gained some brownie points, but even so, it's worrying how sloppy some of our passing and defending is, it wouldn't look out of place in a league two squad

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 13 Mar 2019 19:29

URZZZZ He said "I didn't like what happened at Sheffield United". He surely can't be basing if off his other games.

Sure he can. He started evaluating players the day he got here. Yes, it just so happens on this occasion he was quoted re. the Sheff Utd game specifically, but that doesn't mean he hadn't formed opinion on the player before that, that are weighing in to his decisions now, be that in games, training, or wherever. The fact that he hadn't picked Kelly to start many games before that game would tell you that he doesn't really rate him anyway, and the Sheffield game re-enforced that (in his mind).
Put another way, if he really rated him highly, he'd have been his regular starter in midfield from day 1, and the Sheffield game would be overlooked, i.e. " I didn't like what happened at Sheffield United...but I can forgive that because he's my guy in centre-mid, has been and will be."

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Mar 2019 19:38

Meh.

Were always going to lose.

We actually played not badly.

They were just very good.

Move on.

WNG

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Mar 2019 19:39

Denver Royal
URZZZZ He said "I didn't like what happened at Sheffield United". He surely can't be basing if off his other games.

Sure he can. He started evaluating players the day he got here. Yes, it just so happens on this occasion he was quoted re. the Sheff Utd game specifically, but that doesn't mean he hadn't formed opinion on the player before that, that are weighing in to his decisions now, be that in games, training, or wherever. The fact that he hadn't picked Kelly to start many games before that game would tell you that he doesn't really rate him anyway, and the Sheffield game re-enforced that (in his mind).
Put another way, if he really rated him highly, he'd have been his regular starter in midfield from day 1, and the Sheffield game would be overlooked, i.e. " I didn't like what happened at Sheffield United...but I can forgive that because he's my guy in centre-mid, has been and will be."

It’s a good point but it begs the question why even bother starting him against the cup game at united. In my eyes, he couldn’t have done any better that game - yet he was frozen out after that. If he’d already made his mind up about him, he shouldn’t have been starting that game

Unless there’s an attitude problem behind the scenes? Guess we’ll never find out - just find it strange the way he’s been used when I think he’s suited to the style.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Mar 2019 19:43

URZZZZ
Denver Royal

It’s a good point but it begs the question why even bother starting him against the cup game at united. In my eyes, he couldn’t have done any better that game - yet he was frozen out after that. If he’d already made his mind up about him, he shouldn’t have been starting that game

Unless there’s an attitude problem behind the scenes? Guess we’ll never find out - just find it strange the way he’s been used when I think he’s suited to the style.

I’m not a Kelly fan but dislike Gomes singling him out especially when very few of our midfielders are playing well. It seems harsh to me. We also don’t know if Kelly has an attitude problem at the moment either.

151 posts