BFTG Leeds Home

151 posts
TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

Re: BFTG Leeds Home

by TommyF » 13 Mar 2019 11:42

Marcelo Bielsa We played against an opponent that has dangerous offensive players and probably we can say we could neutralise them.

Hmmm. You and the other 22 teams eh? I think he's putting too much praise on the Leeds team for their achievements :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2019 11:53

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews
Platypuss Interesting comments from Gomes re: Kelly:

He is not injured. He wasn't selected. The reason is, remember the last time that he played. I must work inside me to bring him back to the team.

I didn't like what happened at Sheffield United. He's still my player, he's like my son. But I have children and sometimes we must punish them. He is still training with the first team.

About time someone saw through Liam Kelly. My love for Gomes has grown stronger.

Very harsh to make comments in the press like this. Yeah we can see he didn't have a great game but he played what 25 mins??? and got injured after 15? And the 2nd goal was from a hospital pass from Martinez.

Would have been better if he said he was looking at other options as he has a large squad.

That is oxf*rd ridiculous management.

Criticising a midfielder for a goalkeeping error you instruct to risk and playing with ni midfield subs a mediocre loanee, a soft as shite flash charlie and a kid making his debut instead.

Then talking about it in the press?

Now if Kelly has off the field discipline problems then say that or say nothing. IMO that's a disgrace from Gomes.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 11:56

Snowflake Royal
Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews
About time someone saw through Liam Kelly. My love for Gomes has grown stronger.

Very harsh to make comments in the press like this. Yeah we can see he didn't have a great game but he played what 25 mins??? and got injured after 15? And the 2nd goal was from a hospital pass from Martinez.

Would have been better if he said he was looking at other options as he has a large squad.

Criticising a midfielder for a goalkeeping error you instruct to risk and playing with ni midfield subs a mediocre loanee, a soft as shite flash charlie and a kid making his debut instead.

Now if Kelly has off the field discipline problems then say that or say nothing. IMO that's a disgrace from Gomes.

It was 100% Kelly's fault.

Very naive way of thinking Ian. Liam Kelly deserves all he is getting from Gomes.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Mar 2019 11:57

Actually thought Barrow played quite well. He drew a lot of fouls and should have got their right back sent off.

Yiadom was excellent and I thought Olise looked like the sort of player Loader is expected to be. Unfortunately Danny's contributed progressively less and less as he's stayed in the first team. Agree that it's not clear what his strengths are. He used to be very one-dimensional and I think the club have focused too much on making him a rounded player at the expense of him becoming an excellent one.

East ahead of Kelly is bizarre. Seems like Kelly is being made a scapegoat by Gomes and it is costing us one of our best midfielders. Guthrie all over again.

Leeds defended very well and Hernandez at his best is much too good for this level.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Mar 2019 12:01

We were alright we just weren't brave or physical enough, in the sense that their players were much stronger. There were times when Barrow and Loader could have drawn fouls and cards from Leeds players. The midfield battle clearly lacked steel but we can put this down partly to injuries.

I'd get our lot on the weights personally.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2019 12:07

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Coppells Lost Coat

Very naive way of thinking Ian. Liam Kelly deserves all he is getting from Gomes.
bore off Troll.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 12:08

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal That is oxf*rd ridiculous management.

bore off Troll.

Ian you name call because you can't argue your point, you do it all the time. Try and use words to explain your position.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Mar 2019 12:24

Old Man Andrews It was 100% Kelly's fault.

Sorry had to rewatch the highlights, nope Martinez fault. Poor pass, telegraphed and Kelly clearly isn't showing for it. The ball doesn't even make it to him.

If Gomes doesn't think he is good enough for the squad thats fair enough. Dont think bringing up a game a month ago would go down well in the dressing room.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Mar 2019 12:24

SCIAG Actually thought Barrow played quite well. He drew a lot of fouls and should have got their right back sent off.

Doesn't offer any protection in defence, leaving Blackett so exposed.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 12:25

Coppells Lost Coat

Sorry had to rewatch the highlights, nope Martinez fault. Poor pass, telegraphed and Kelly clearly isn't showing for it. The ball doesn't even make it to him.

If Gomes doesn't think he is good enough for the squad thats fair enough. Dont think bringing up a game a month ago would go down well in the dressing room.

A decent midfield player of Championship level moves towards the ball and then uses his strength to shield it and win a foul/play it back to the goalkeeper. Kelly doesn't have the intelligence to do that though or the ability.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Mar 2019 12:31

Old Man Andrews
Coppells Lost Coat

A decent midfield player of Championship level moves towards the ball and then uses his strength to shield it and win a foul/play it back to the goalkeeper. Kelly doesn't have the intelligence to do that though or the ability.

Bore off

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Mar 2019 12:33

Coppells Lost Coat

Are we sure Gomes isn't referring to his overall performance in the game as opposed to the goal?

I was on holiday so haven't actually seen the game.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 12:34

LWJ
Coppells Lost Coat

Are we sure Gomes isn't referring to his overall performance in the game as opposed to the goal?

He was but that won't mean anything to the Liam Kelly fanboys.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 12:39

LWJ
Coppells Lost Coat

tbh, I wonder if its a wider issue relating to the game. Maybe sulking at being taken off or something. Certainly couldn't drop him long term solely on the basis of 'that' goal and generally being shit for 20 mins in one match

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Mar 2019 12:43

Old Man Andrews
Coppells Lost Coat

But he wasn't showing for it a decent player would not have passed it to him. The pass was not on, Kelly was already being closed down. Actually after watching it, the pass from Martinez was dreadful barely would have made it to Kelly, look where the ball ended up when it was intercepted, 20 yards out .

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 12:46

still think Kelly was fouled on that anyway.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Mar 2019 13:33

LWJ
SCIAG Actually thought Barrow played quite well. He drew a lot of fouls and should have got their right back sent off.

Doesn't offer any protection in defence, leaving Blackett so exposed.

I would have agreed a few months ago but he's clearly got a lot better in that respect recently. Last night he did really well to chase back for the first goal - obviously it was all undermined when he mishit the clearance but I think it was evidence that his work rate has improved.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Mar 2019 14:09

I suppose the way he's treated Kelly, we now won't see East for a while considering he's at fault for both of the first two goals? Rewatching the highlights, he's doing absolutely nothing for the first goal, between him and Baker, one of them should be marking the player on the edge of the box. Second goal he just gives them the ball.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 13 Mar 2019 14:21

Totally outplayed by a team with the Prem in their sites. Energy levels simialr to those of Huddersfield when they had 10 men against us in the PO year. Technically better in all areas, and was really impressed the way 3/4 of them broke fast when in possesion. Excellent finsishes for all their goals too. Second half they couldnt be arsed, and apart from Bamfords missess were happy to soak up what we had - which was very little.

More pissed off that there were about 10 Leeds at the back of y26 , who didnt get moved , although one of the yellow coats & his oranage coat mates had a word with them. One got kicked out midawy through the 2nd half for smoking :lol: TBF - they didnt make any noise / celebrated, but I thought home end was for home supporters?!

On the Kelly convo - if the Manager doesnt rate him / his attitude / then fair enough. He's never really impressed in a poor Team, for me.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Mar 2019 14:33

URZZZZ I suppose the way he's treated Kelly, we now won't see East for a while considering he's at fault for both of the first two goals? Rewatching the highlights, he's doing absolutely nothing for the first goal, between him and Baker, one of them should be marking the player on the edge of the box. Second goal he just gives them the ball.

I thought all the goals were Swift's fault?

151 posts