Difficulties away from home

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Difficulties away from home

by Millsy » 01 Apr 2019 11:35

I often travel around the country sightseeing with Reading friends and family and the following happens every time I go out.

I find that wherever we go there are numerous enquiries by the locals regarding our origin, so we usually end up having to engage in tedious dialogue with them to answer their queries. We inform them that we are from Reading and this is normally quickly followed by educating them about the colour of the home Reading FC kit (we don't feel the away colours are of much significance). We then feel the need to tell them that we strongly dislike Swindon. Whether or not they enquire further we freely offer information that we invariably feel compelled to assault people from Swindon, causing penetrating injuries wherever possible.

At this point, most people are rather dumbfounded. Some are offended, some think we are mad, some think we are dangerous and often a bit of an argument ensues. However we usually succeed in drowning out the groans by repeatedly informing them of our negative views towards Swindon. This normally shuts them up.

We then swiftly proceed to wrap up the discussions with a short summary defining who we are as haters of all things Swindon, just in case there was any doubt.

If I'm honest I'm finding this all a bit tiring.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Difficulties away from home

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Apr 2019 11:37

If someone is that thick that they don't know a professional football club who play in the 2nd tier of English football then they aren't worth talking to.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Apr 2019 11:44

Staggeringly here in France most people who have asked me about football have known who Reading are. Although they are often amazed to find out we are not still in the premier league so who knows if they are telling the truth or not..

Often the people who know I'm a Reading fan (when I bump into them on the street or the like) mention our recent results to me which is funny. I guess being a supporter of a league which might have its champion already next weekend can be pretty boring so the Championship must be fun to look at.

They never know what Swindon is.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 01 Apr 2019 11:59

Weirdly, we used to have similar repeated difficulties with one of our own players.

Week in, week out we needed to remind him of the spelling of his own name. Weirder still, half way through reminding him, we assured him that he already knew, sure in fact! Spelt it out to him one more time for good measure though. Every week!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Apr 2019 12:23

PistolPete Weirdly, we used to have similar repeated difficulties with one of our own players.

Week in, week out we needed to remind him of the spelling of his own name. Weirder still, half way through reminding him, we assured him that he already knew, sure in fact! Spelt it out to him one more time for good measure though. Every week!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 01 Apr 2019 12:54

2 world wars, 1 world cup
PistolPete Weirdly, we used to have similar repeated difficulties with one of our own players.

chuckled at this and op tbf

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Apr 2019 13:18

jd82

Really? If you find anything in this thread remotely amusing I suggest that you are very sad and need to get out more.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 01 Apr 2019 13:26

John Smith
jd82

Really? If you find anything in this thread remotely amusing I suggest that you are very sad and need to get out more.

neutralfruity.jif

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Apr 2019 14:30

John Smith
jd82

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2019 20:05

Lol, and there was me thinking that Swindon only had eyes for oxf*rd :lol:

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1