MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (a) sponsored by James Harper

376 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (a) sponsored by James Harper

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Apr 2019 08:54

URZZZZ Would bring in a couple of the fringe players for this, need them 100% for next Saturday. Maybe something like this

Martinez

Gunter
Moore
Miazga
Blackett

Kelly
Baker

Meite
Ejaria
McCleary

Barrow

Will give Rino another game off, don't want to tire him out as I think his performances were dipping before his injury. Barrow is a better option up front than Loader, maybe Bod up front if he's fit. Gunter should get another start either for Yiadom/Blackett

Please don't quote me OMA and mention anything to do with Kelly because it really isn't funny bringing it up every single time

You've literally mentioned me in every post you have made in this thread, you're a little bit obsessed.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Apr 2019 09:02

There are two options for this game which are to either try to take them by surprise and attack them or the more likely option which is play the most defensive team imaginable and try to frustrate and slow the game down to walking pace. It really is a nothing to lose game though.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 09 Apr 2019 09:16, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Apr 2019 09:02

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Would bring in a couple of the fringe players for this, need them 100% for next Saturday. Maybe something like this

Martinez

Gunter
Moore
Miazga
Blackett

Kelly
Baker

Meite
Ejaria
McCleary

Barrow

Will give Rino another game off, don't want to tire him out as I think his performances were dipping before his injury. Barrow is a better option up front than Loader, maybe Bod up front if he's fit. Gunter should get another start either for Yiadom/Blackett

Please don't quote me OMA and mention anything to do with Kelly because it really isn't funny bringing it up every single time

You've literally mentioned me in every post you have made in this thread, you're a little bit obsessed.

Noooooo you took the bait. I thought better of you.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Apr 2019 09:13

I honestly think we get something here. It's getting to that time of the season, plus the midweek fixtures often throw up a ridiculous result here and there

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Apr 2019 18:13

John Smith I honestly think we get something here. It's getting to that time of the season, plus the midweek fixtures often throw up a ridiculous result here and there

I hope you are right, but I can't see anything other than one of the most convincing home wins in the championship this season.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Apr 2019 18:49

I didn't even realise this was a mid-week game.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 09 Apr 2019 20:14

I would take a 0-3 now - (I mean Norwich to beat us 3-0, not home team 0 away team 3, which it could be misconstrued as). GD is going to be so important come 5th May.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Apr 2019 01:09

Old Man Andrews There are two options for this game which are to either try to take them by surprise and attack them or the more likely option which is play the most defensive team imaginable and try to frustrate and slow the game down to walking pace. It really is a nothing to lose game though.

Personally don't think it'd be much of a surprise to us or them if we went and attacked them, we tried it against both Sheffield and Leeds, and although it failed on both occasions, Gomes doesn't look the type to sit back from minute 1

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Apr 2019 09:18

Will be aiming to provide a full BFTG account tonight as my house is only a short hop from the stadium. Something for you all to look forward to.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Apr 2019 09:20

Norfolk Royal Will be aiming to provide a full BFTG account tonight as my house is only a short hop from the stadium. Something for you all to look forward to.

Dreading it if I`m honest, I can only imagine you describing a heavy defeat.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Apr 2019 09:24

We just need to ensure our GD stays a few better that Rotherham's. A narrow defeat is about the best we can hope for tonight.....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2019 09:27

We really can only hope Norwich have an off night or take their foot off the gas a bit tonight but you can't see past them getting their 9th straight win.

We need to keep things tight early and not concede, QPR letting one in after 6mins on Saturday killed the game and them. All we can ask for is the team turn up, give it a go and see where that leads us - think we will score but can see another 3-1 defeat and hope that Villa don't lose at Rotherham.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Apr 2019 09:39

windermereROYAL
Norfolk Royal Will be aiming to provide a full BFTG account tonight as my house is only a short hop from the stadium. Something for you all to look forward to.

Well, I'm planning to stay for the whole game tonight whatever happens rather than leave at 5-0 down as I did a few seasons ago. As a concept, that didn't work.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Apr 2019 09:59

The midweek results of our rivals haven`t gone in our favour recently, Rotherham will probably go and stuff Villa too.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Apr 2019 11:40

Norfolk Royal
windermereROYAL

Well, I'm planning to stay for the whole game tonight whatever happens rather than leave at 5-0 down as I did a few seasons ago. As a concept, that didn't work.

Have been in your position a number of times over the years when living in enemy territory, for me Oxford, Southampton and Bournemouth.
When we win it is extra special but when we lose..............................
I hope you enjoy the game and that we stay in the game-Norwich get so many late goals don't they?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Apr 2019 12:13

Victor Meldrew
Norfolk Royal
windermereROYAL

Have been in your position a number of times over the years when living in enemy territory, for me Oxford, Southampton and Bournemouth.
I hope you enjoy the game and that we stay in the game-Norwich get so many late goals don't they?

They do. They also get early ones and ones during the middle of the game unfortunately.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Apr 2019 12:17

Norfolk Royal
Victor Meldrew
Norfolk Royal

They do. They also get early ones and ones during the middle of the game unfortunately.

First game I ever saw we beat Norwich 4-2- that was a long, long time ago but it shows it can be done, although we now don't have Ronnie Blackman playing up front and will have to do with Bod or Meite..

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Apr 2019 17:29

Moore may not be fit for tonight

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Apr 2019 18:02

URZZZZ Moore may not be fit for tonight

Lets just forfeit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Apr 2019 18:23

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ Moore may not be fit for tonight

Lets just forfeit.

He’s travelled so is hopefully OK. If not, at least we have the comfort of knowing Paul McShane is our backup, pukki won’t have a harder game all season

376 posts