MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by Scott Murray

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by Scott Murray

by Stranded » 15 Apr 2019 10:25

Eza is getting time in the U23s so that Gomes can make a call on if we take him on going forward - he won't play for the first team this season barring an injury to one of the other loanees.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Apr 2019 10:32

Indeed, and thats probably the correct call. Though interesting that he might be considered if needed by the first 11 for the rest of this season. Obvs he has his fans in the group/coaches or else they'd have given up on him

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Apr 2019 10:46

Hound Indeed, and thats probably the correct call. Though interesting that he might be considered if needed by the first 11 for the rest of this season. Obvs he has his fans in the group/coaches or else they'd have given up on him

The fact that his loan was not cancelled in January when others were suggested he has fans at the club who see him as potentially having a future here.

(or there was no cancellation option in the loan agreement).

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Apr 2019 10:54

Stranded
Hound Indeed, and thats probably the correct call. Though interesting that he might be considered if needed by the first 11 for the rest of this season. Obvs he has his fans in the group/coaches or else they'd have given up on him

The fact that his loan was not cancelled in January when others were suggested he has fans at the club who see him as potentially having a future here.

I doubt that there was no recall option. Unless the internet us oxf*rd with us his contract is up this summer. If he hadn't gotten injured and performed consistently someone may have bid for him in January so Rostov would have been foolish to not insert one.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Apr 2019 10:55

he's an interesting one. Looking at his career stats, its pretty clear Rostov don't want him. He is out of contract there anyway I think in the summer. He has barely played any club games tbh. Despite being an international, its definitely a signing that could go under the radar and probably wouldn't be too expensive wages wise.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Apr 2019 11:16

NewCorkSeth
Stranded

I doubt that there was no recall option. Unless the internet us oxf*rd with us his contract is up this summer. If he hadn't gotten injured and performed consistently someone may have bid for him in January so Rostov would have been foolish to not insert one.

I put that comment in there as I am not sure on the rules when it comes to international loans. I'm not sure if a recall/cancellation is permitted or if to all intents it is a full transfer for the specified period of time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Apr 2019 11:22

Regardless of whether we'd have to keep paying for him or not, we could easily have sent him back because of the injury and a lack of interest in him.

No point in having him in our treatment room and around our players if he's definitely got no future.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Apr 2019 12:02

Snowflake Royal Regardless of whether we'd have to keep paying for him or not, we could easily have sent him back because of the injury and a lack of interest in him.

No point in having him in our treatment room and around our players if he's definitely got no future.

Well no, if an international loan is essentially the same as a transfer then we have nowhere to send him back to, we hold his registration. Rostov would have no reason to offer him any treatment.

It would be similar to us telling a player in the final year of their contract to do get treated elsewhere as we won't be renewing his deal and we don't want him clogging up our treatment room. Don't imagine that would go down well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Apr 2019 14:48

Brizzle are a seriously hard team to predict. Their recent results are all over the place. Beat Sheff Utd away, draw at home to Wigan etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Apr 2019 17:35

Stranded
Snowflake Royal Regardless of whether we'd have to keep paying for him or not, we could easily have sent him back because of the injury and a lack of interest in him.

Well no, if an international loan is essentially the same as a transfer then we have nowhere to send him back to, we hold his registration. Rostov would have no reason to offer him any treatment.

It would be similar to us telling a player in the final year of their contract to do get treated elsewhere as we won't be renewing his deal and we don't want him clogging up our treatment room. Don't imagine that would go down well.

I'm sure we could terminate the loan at which point he reverts, whilst we retain our financial liability.

It's different to a transfer as he has a parent club that he is still contracted to.

Definitely seen it happen.

Not that it matters regardless.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Apr 2019 18:33

Actually quite fancy us in this one, their home record is far from convincing, good scalp last time out against WBA but nearly threw away a 3-0 lead,
Before that it was one goals wins against Rotherham, Bolton and QPR and a 2-0 win against Swansea who are woeful on the road. then draws against Ipswich and Wigan.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Apr 2019 15:19

As Sutekh has gone to the moon this week :wink: i can exclusively reveal that Oliver Langford will be officiating at Ashton Gate on Friday.
Gavin Ward is the man in the middle for the visit of West Brom on Monday

jar95

by jar95 » 16 Apr 2019 15:40

Stranded

For example Daivd Meyler? I know hes not in his last year, but obviously isnt wanted and he is staying at Cov whilst injured :D :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Apr 2019 16:28

windermereROYAL Actually quite fancy us in this one, their home record is far from convincing, good scalp last time out against WBA but nearly threw away a 3-0 lead,
Before that it was one goals wins against Rotherham, Bolton and QPR and a 2-0 win against Swansea who are woeful on the road. then draws against Ipswich and Wigan.

likewise. Dunno what Brizzle will turn up. I'm wildly guessing that we'll play well and they'll have one of their regular shit games. Be far from surprised if they do instead play well and beat us comfortably though

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Apr 2019 20:08

I am going to need confirmation on the referee Suketh or I simply will not be able to sleep tonight.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 16 Apr 2019 20:45

This will be high scoring. At least 3 goals in the game and will go either way. Either for us with a growing new found confidence/improved team spirit, or against us with typical back down to earth mis-placed expectations.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Apr 2019 21:18

Old Man Andrews I am going to need confirmation on the referee Suketh or I simply will not be able to sleep tonight.

Sleep tight
Bristol City v Reading (12:00)
OLIVER LANGFORD
Assistants: Adam Crysell and Graham Kane
Fourth Official: James Linington

Only had us 3 times.
https://www.whoscored.com/Referees/122/ ... r-Langford

Sent off 2 Forest players in a 2-0 win.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Apr 2019 07:52

windermereROYAL
Old Man Andrews I am going to need confirmation on the referee Suketh or I simply will not be able to sleep tonight.

Sleep tight
Bristol City v Reading (12:00)
OLIVER LANGFORD
Assistants: Adam Crysell and Graham Kane
Fourth Official: James Linington

Only had us 3 times.
https://www.whoscored.com/Referees/122/ ... r-Langford

Sent off 2 Forest players in a 2-0 win.

He is an absolute little Hitler and a homer. Expect Bristol City to get the rub of the green.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Apr 2019 09:44

URZZZZ Anyone actually know why we kick off at 12? Every other game is at 3 apart from games live on the telly

From what I found the other day checking this, it is just something both clubs agreed to back at the start of the season to maximise recovery/prep time between the Good Friday and Easter Monday games.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Apr 2019 17:44

I think Martinez, Yiadom, Moore, Miazga, Baker, Rinomhota, Ejaria, Barrow, Meite and Oliveira are all guaranteed starters tomorrow permitting injuries. The question is really Gunter or Blackett

Gunter doesn't really deserve to be dropped after his last two performances but then again Blackett probably didn't either. I'm not sure if Gunter was brought back in to deal with Brentford's quick intricate play, and therefore Blackett will be restored tomorrow. Either way, it'll be harsh on one of them