CONFIMRED - Ovie Ejaria

250 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Ovie Ejaria

by Millsy » 08 Aug 2019 17:56

What a bloody fantastic window. Of course we can't count the small yellow birds till they've hatched just yet but potentially our best window??

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 08 Aug 2019 17:58

2 world wars, 1 world cup What a bloody fantastic window. Of course we can't count the small yellow birds till they've hatched just yet but potentially our best window??

Like you say, we won't know for a few months.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 08 Aug 2019 17:59

2 world wars, 1 world cup What a bloody fantastic window. Of course we can't count the small yellow birds till they've hatched just yet but potentially our best window??

I think in my 29 years watching Reading this could be the best window (on paper) ever. I just hope it becomes the same on the pitch.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Aug 2019 18:04

Tilehurstsouthbank

I think in my 29 years watching Reading this could be the best window (on paper) ever. I just hope it becomes the same on the pitch.

Yep I go back even further than you Steve and have never known a window like it. None of us have the first idea what the starting line up and formation is going to be on Saturday.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 08 Aug 2019 18:07

Zip
Tilehurstsouthbank

Yep I go back even further than you Steve and have never known a window like it. None of us have the first idea what the starting line up and formation is going to be on Saturday.

Indeed mate. It’s going to be fun finding out!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Aug 2019 18:47

Absolutely thrilled to have this guy back on board, while on paper we look to have a backbone now, it remains to be seen if it happens out on the pitch, I`m confident.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 08 Aug 2019 18:53

windermereROYAL Absolutely thrilled to have this guy back on board, while on paper we look to have a backbone now, it remains to be seen if it happens out on the pitch, I`m confident.

Me too. With a full season here, hell get better and better. Adds something so different to the side as well.

21 years old and we'll own him next season. With the other permanent signings, we are building a squad again.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 08 Aug 2019 19:08

Can someone do me a favour, as I've struggled to remember....

Who have we signed?

Which are loans and which were permittent?

And who have we got rid of?

I've missed the Loader going thing...

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 08 Aug 2019 19:10

skipper Can someone do me a favour, as I've struggled to remember....

Who have we signed?

Google

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 08 Aug 2019 19:22

StellaPlease

Who have we signed?

Google

Dont worry, there's a thread in the team board.

This seems very out of character for us.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Ovie Ejaria

by paultheroyal » 08 Aug 2019 19:57

StellaPlease
paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews As I exclusively revealed on page 7 he is back on a season loan with an option to buy.

:lol:

My klaxon was sounding on page 5 mate.

Keep up.

Oh and for the two people who messaged me I am not Courtney Friday :lol:

Your claxon went off about an hour after the Twitter accounts confirmed it was a goer.

Why so desperate to appear ITK.

Yeah, of course....

Dreary me.

Ps not desperate. Just enjoy the fact it pisses you off that I am x

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 08 Aug 2019 20:03

I still don;t understand about 10 days ago we were under a soft embargo, and now we've spent millions in fees and wages, without really letting anyone go, well certainly not in the numbers we were expecting.

Is Mr Dai going shot or bust, hoping to get out of the Chump and so escape any retribution for sticking 2 fingers up to EFL's FFP?? I simply don't get it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Aug 2019 20:04

strap I still don;t understand about 10 days ago we were under a soft embargo, and now we've spent millions in fees and wages, without really letting anyone go, well certainly not in the numbers we were expecting.

Is Mr Dai going shot or bust, hoping to get out of the Chump and so escape any retribution for sticking 2 fingers up to EFL's FFP?? I simply don't get it.

You'll be under my soft embargo in a minute pal.

Esteban

by Esteban » 08 Aug 2019 20:53

strap I still don;t understand about 10 days ago we were under a soft embargo, and now we've spent millions in fees and wages, without really letting anyone go, well certainly not in the numbers we were expecting.

Valid concerns, but I trust Howe not to risk our long term future.

I suspect our new found spending might is due to a combination of factors:

- the players that did leave this summer were on an enormous wage
- the deal with Casumo is significant
- 'creative' transfer deals that are structured in our favour
- potentially other commercial partnership deals yet to be announced
- although the FFP situation was bad enough to be put under a soft embargo, maybe it was not quite as bad as us fans feared
- we found £20m stuffed down the back of the sofa

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 08 Aug 2019 21:19

Esteban

Valid concerns, but I trust Howe not to risk our long term future.

I suspect our new found spending might is due to a combination of factors:

- the players that did leave this summer were on an enormous wage
- the deal with Casumo is significant
- 'creative' transfer deals that are structured in our favour
- potentially other commercial partnership deals yet to be announced
- although the FFP situation was bad enough to be put under a soft embargo, maybe it was not quite as bad as us fans feared
- we found £20m stuffed down the back of the sofa

Think the £20m stuffed down the sofa may well turn out to be more than that in the form of a brand new state-of-the-art training ground being sold to the owner from the club. This would follow up from the stadium last year. Not sure we have many fixed assets left to sell in future years before this FPP loophole is closed!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2019 21:52

Pretty smart to sell them now before the supposed loophole is closed ( although can’t see why it should be, will they also stop clubs selling players to raise cash ?)
If the sale has been done correctly it’s got to be a good thing, whether we ever know the full details is another matter

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 21:59

The fact we pulled the plug on the Loader deal is very telling

It does seem that something has come in to free up some space - be it the training ground or some other mechanism

I was expecting Barrow or Loader (or both) to balance up the window

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 08 Aug 2019 22:05

Very happy with Ovie’s loan to buy move. Really rated him last season. His energy and work rate meant we could allow our attackers to stay further up the pitch and not track back (yes Barrow, I’m talking about you). Plus he has the best feet I’ve think I’ve ever seen. For me this could be massively important to help balance the team

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Aug 2019 23:54

Who have we signed?

Try this
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-read ... erein/1032

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 09 Aug 2019 05:02

This signing might end up being the best/most important of all of them. He knows the system that is in place and what is expected of him. He should be able to fit into the squad and have an impact quickest. Plus, as we say here in the States, he just oozes talent...there is a reason his parent club is Liverpool. And he wanted to come back to Reading. This is the one I wanted to see happen just as much as Miazga's loan...

250 posts