250 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Ovie Ejaria

by Franchise FC » 12 Aug 2019 22:06

3points
Franchise FC
3points It’s the size which is the problem, rather than the colour

The size and colour of numbers on the back of the shirt are reasonably standard. If Derby choose to give Rooney number 32 and change the entire team number colour to red, how does that contravene sponsorship rules ?

Read my original post. But simply put back of shirt sponsorship is limited to a certain size (which is smaller than the shirt numbers). Therefore by making the numbers into “sponsorship” then it potentially contravenes the sponsorship rules

Simply put, have you seen the numbers on the back of a Reading shirt. They appear to be red. According to your view Ryan East is not getting a game because he’d contravene sponsorship rules. :|

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 12 Aug 2019 22:47

Franchise FC
3points
Franchise FC The size and colour of numbers on the back of the shirt are reasonably standard. If Derby choose to give Rooney number 32 and change the entire team number colour to red, how does that contravene sponsorship rules ?

Read my original post. But simply put back of shirt sponsorship is limited to a certain size (which is smaller than the shirt numbers). Therefore by making the numbers into “sponsorship” then it potentially contravenes the sponsorship rules

Simply put, have you seen the numbers on the back of a Reading shirt. They appear to be red. According to your view Ryan East is not getting a game because he’d contravene sponsorship rules. :|

If he changed his name to Ryan Casumo, then you might have a point

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2019 06:33

Franchise FC
3points
Franchise FC The size and colour of numbers on the back of the shirt are reasonably standard. If Derby choose to give Rooney number 32 and change the entire team number colour to red, how does that contravene sponsorship rules ?

Congrats, that's the stupidest comment of the year.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Aug 2019 06:42

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
3points Read my original post. But simply put back of shirt sponsorship is limited to a certain size (which is smaller than the shirt numbers). Therefore by making the numbers into “sponsorship” then it potentially contravenes the sponsorship rules

Explain

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2019 06:49

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC Simply put, have you seen the numbers on the back of a Reading shirt. They appear to be red. According to your view Ryan East is not getting a game because he’d contravene sponsorship rules. :|

Explain

If you need it explained, you're probably not going to understand the explanation.

But.

East isn't sponsored by 32 red. The number 32 in isolation isn't advertising.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Aug 2019 06:53

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal Congrats, that's the stupidest comment of the year.

Explain

If you need it explained, you're probably not going to understand the explanation.

But.

So, in essence, you’ve completely missed the point of my post.
If Derby change their number colour to red and give Rooney the squad number 32, what could the EFL possibly invoke as a rule to stop them. The EFL do not/can not dictate squad numbers. As far as I know, the only stipulation on number colour is that they need to be clear and identifiable.

By the way, if you’re going to be patronising, you really need to make sure you’re right.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2019 06:57

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC Explain

But.

If Derby change their number colour to red and give Rooney the squad number 32, what could the EFL possibly invoke as a rule to stop them. The EFL do not/can not dictate squad numbers. As far as I know, the only stipulation on number colour is that they need to be clear and identifiable.

By the way, if you’re going to be patronising, you really need to make sure you’re right.

As predicted.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Aug 2019 08:37

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC Explain

But.

Yes they can, when Little came back, he wanted shirt number 77 and the football league said no.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Aug 2019 08:57

The squad number rules are so odd. Different in every country. In france Goalkeepers have to be assigned a certain number from a list of 4 I think. In Italy any number between 1 and 99 is eligible. I didnt think there was any particular laws of note in the english league structure. Anyone got a link to the laws?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Aug 2019 16:13

Hendo
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal If you need it explained, you're probably not going to understand the explanation.

But.

Yes they can, when Little came back, he wanted shirt number 77 and the football league said no.

Clearly, the EFL haven't said no to using number 32.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Aug 2019 16:14

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal If you need it explained, you're probably not going to understand the explanation.

But.

As predicted.

What exactly was it that you predicted ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Aug 2019 16:20

Franchise FC
Hendo
Franchise FC So, in essence, you’ve completely missed the point of my post.

No, obviously, but if they think it breaches sponsorship rules, they will bar Derby from using it for Rooney's shirt.

You'd have to be pretty naive to think that there isn't a correlation between the two.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Aug 2019 16:24

Hendo
Franchise FC
Hendo

No, obviously, but if they think it breaches sponsorship rules, they will bar Derby from using it for Rooney's shirt.

You'd have to be pretty naive to think that there isn't a correlation between the two.

Can't wait to see the legal fallout of that one.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Aug 2019 18:49

He's already living up to expectations. By the end of the season, I expect Brentford fans will be lamenting their decision not to invest any of the Maupay fees in him. So chuffed we got him.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 19 Aug 2019 18:58

Reminds me of Kanu.. Nwankwo rather than Hal....

Fingers crossed he keeps it going on a wet Wednesday night in Birmingham...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Aug 2019 19:02

WestYorksRoyal He's already living up to expectations. By the end of the season, I expect Brentford fans will be lamenting their decision not to invest any of the Maupay fees in him. So chuffed we got him.

Yes me too. I felt of the five loanees from January he had the most potential. We could see why yesterday. He wanted to come back here and seems very settled already.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2019 19:15

Zip
WestYorksRoyal He's already living up to expectations. By the end of the season, I expect Brentford fans will be lamenting their decision not to invest any of the Maupay fees in him. So chuffed we got him.

Yes me too. I felt of the five loanees from January he had the most potential. We could see why yesterday. He wanted to come back here and seems very settled already.

He was of the 5 probably the least influential but by no means was that any particular indication of his performances. The bar was set very high. I really enjoyed him here last year, thought he was excellent and when we were linked earlier in the summer I was delighted. To finally have him is a real coup and especially with such a low buy obligation next year. He’s come back looking even stronger, hungrier, skilful and quicker.

He’s still young though and is a flair player so I just hope when he doesn’t put in an amazing performance fans aren’t quick to get on his back. Absolutely love Ovie.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Aug 2019 19:17

CountryRoyal
Zip

He was of the 5 probably the least influential but by no means was that any particular indication of his performances. The bar was set very high. I really enjoyed him here last year, thought he was excellent and when we were linked earlier in the summer I was delighted. To finally have him is a real coup and especially with such a low buy obligation next year. He’s come back looking even stronger, hungrier, skilful and quicker.

He’s still young though and is a flair player so I just hope when he doesn’t put in an amazing performance fans aren’t quick to get on his back. Absolutely love Ovie.

I want to second all that. We all need to band together and publically shame anyone who criticises him unnecessarily. I said it many a time over the summer. He has bags of potential. The most I remember seeing in a player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2019 19:25

Sunday was the first time I’ve seen him really decide to take a hold of the game. Whilst he was good in patches and generally positive last year, he did sit on the periphery quite often

Really saw the player he could be. He looked hungrier, stronger and far more aggressive. Absolutely limitless potential

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2019 19:40

If we can get this guy for £3m it will be the bargain of this or any other century. he has limitless potential if Sunday was anything to go by.

250 posts