MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h) sponsored by Adam Federici

304 posts
Singing Defective

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h) sponsored by Adam Federici

by Singing Defective » 18 Aug 2019 18:07

Zip
Singing Defective
windermereROYAL Not seen it mentioned here, but Meite got racially abused on twitter after the game.

Please don’t joke about things like that.

He’s not making a joke of it. Some prick from overseas has sent Yaks a racist tweet for missing the pen. It’s not been a happy day for Yaks. He went down the tunnel straight after the game. I hope his mind is in the right place. He had an important part to play this season.

Understood. I worried he was being “ironic” in that the last dozen-odd posts were based from that tweet as a trigger.

Agreed on YM. Hopefully he can stand above this sh1t, tomorrow is another day, and Wednesday night is another game in the grand arena of his life.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2019 18:16

Singing Defective
Zip
Singing Defective
Please don’t joke about things like that.

He’s not making a joke of it. Some prick from overseas has sent Yaks a racist tweet for missing the pen. It’s not been a happy day for Yaks. He went down the tunnel straight after the game. I hope his mind is in the right place. He had an important part to play this season.

Understood. I worried he was being “ironic” in that the last dozen-odd posts were based from that tweet as a trigger.

Agreed on YM. Hopefully he can stand above this sh1t, tomorrow is another day, and Wednesday night is another game in the grand arena of his life.

Agreed. Seen his best mate leave the club, lost his place in the starting line -up, missed a pen and then the tweet. He looked a forlorn figure at the end of the game. He is very much part of the squad and needs an arm around the shoulder and a bit of tlc.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Aug 2019 18:17

Pages 4 and 5 of this thread are rather :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Aug 2019 19:15

Puscas doesn't belong in this division.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Aug 2019 20:35

2 world wars, 1 world cup Puscas doesn't belong in this division.

Yes he does

With us

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Aug 2019 10:04

genome Rino took a couple of knocks at Wycombe, I believe

I've forgotten how much this forum likes to jump to conclusions

Gomes, when asked about Rinomhotas absence, stated that it will happen with a larger team. So he didnt pick up a knock. Who's jumping to conclusions now Mr jumping to conclusions?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Aug 2019 10:07

NewCorkSeth

Gomes, when asked about Rinomhotas absence, stated that it will happen with a larger team. So he didnt pick up a knock. Who's jumping to conclusions now Mr jumping to conclusions?

It is a good position to be in now as we can rest and rotate players, which should hopefully mean less injuries.

Rino was brilliant last year, but we don't want to burn him out early in the season. Sheff Wed kicked him over the park as well, so might've been protecting him a bit.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Aug 2019 10:11

NewCorkSeth

We won pretty convincingly so I'll stick by my method of not throwing my toys out of the pram when one player is dropped :P

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Aug 2019 10:13

genome
NewCorkSeth

We won pretty convincingly so I'll stick by my method of not throwing my toys out of the pram when one player is dropped :P

I threw no toys out of any pram I assure you. I was simply shocked that the magical Rinomhota was dropped at all.

Also interestingly Gomes deflected stating "I'm surprised you didnt ask me why I Meite was dropped". Clever man management there. Makes Meite feel valued in a roundabout way.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2019 10:16

NewCorkSeth
genome
NewCorkSeth Gomes, when asked about Rinomhotas absence, stated that it will happen with a larger team. So he didnt pick up a knock. Who's jumping to conclusions now Mr jumping to conclusions?

I threw no toys out of any pram I assure you. I was simply shocked that the magical Rinomhota was dropped at all.

I think it was 100% the right decision. Rino is a cracking player, but having Pele in their really allowed Swift and Ejaria to flourish. And being as that was our best midfield performance for about 5 years, then I suspect's likely to stay.

Rino will of course be a perfectly good replacement in cups and as soon as the inevitable injuries start taking their toll

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Aug 2019 10:20

Hound
NewCorkSeth
genome

I think it was 100% the right decision. Rino is a cracking player, but having Pele in their really allowed Swift and Ejaria to flourish. And being as that was our best midfield performance for about 5 years, then I suspect's likely to stay.

Rino will of course be a perfectly good replacement in cups and as soon as the inevitable injuries start taking their toll

This was , of course, before the match. I think it is reasonable to be surprised when last seasons player of the year and our best all round midfielder gets dropped without having done much wrong.

Should we stick with the current midfield 3? Yes. For sure. But Rinkmhota could easily play the Pele role. It would just be limiting him when he has bags of potential as a more all round mid.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2019 10:25

Puscas getting loads of coverage on social media mainly from rivals fans wondering why the hell he signed for little tinpot Reading, of course he needs to do it consistently before he can be judged as the real deal.
He has probably already put himself in the shop window but on the other hand we have him tied down on a 5 year contract so our bargaining power is huge. no way will we let him leave in January, but if he gets a good haul and we fail to go up expect the vultures to be circling next summer.
Start your bidding at £25m.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2019 13:02

Hound
NewCorkSeth
genome

Or when the body snatches realise Swift is actually a bit of Dave Lister guitarist when rating his own ability and he reverts to shit to avoid detection. :wink:

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Aug 2019 13:51

NewCorkSeth Rinkmhota could easily play the Pele role.

Well, we've hardly seen much of Pele yet because he just got here. We don't know the scope he has for improvement as he gets settled, adjusts and learns the system, and better understands what Gomes wants from him.
He might be a different player in a month or two. Not easy for midfielders to land at another club, system, league, country, and immediately hit the ground running straight away after only a few practices and with no pre season here.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 19 Aug 2019 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Aug 2019 14:40

Rino is so overrated its criminal.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Aug 2019 14:46

Jagermesiter1871 Rino is so overrated its criminal.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Aug 2019 15:01

Get out :arrow:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2019 17:39

Right, how do I obtain a horse's head and what's your address?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Aug 2019 23:17

Swift is 18 months older and is a much more accomplished player. Just didn't come through the academy.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Aug 2019 23:25

Jagermesiter1871 Swift is 18 months older and is a much more accomplished player. Just didn't come through the academy.

Clearly you haven't seen me talk about Swift.

304 posts