MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by as hard as it gets

246 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a) sponsored by as hard as it gets

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2019 22:00

Zip It’s a point gained. West Brom will be up there. We just might be too.

So chuffed I bet as much as I could on us finishing top half. 8) 8) 8)

PS I don't usually bet. Had to sign up to do it.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 21 Aug 2019 22:00

Fair result in the end. We more than matched them at times and we are still a new team bedding in.

That's one of the toughest games we'll have all season and we faired really well. No way will we struggle this season with the players we have.

4 points this week. Happy days and I think we'll do well at Huddersfield. They look like they're in free fall with very few decent players.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2019 22:00

We're getting there. Not much wrong with how we played away to a fancied team. Morrisson my MOTM.
Decent away point although could have been coming home with all 3.

Good game

alfie9

by alfie9 » 21 Aug 2019 22:01

Great result. Unlucky but I think we all felt that goal was coming the way they were attacking. We had to score first, and we did.

West Brom are gonna take some souls this season. So much attacking talent in that team.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Aug 2019 22:01

Hound
NewCorkSeth Charlie Adam is a curse. We have played badly every minute he has been on the pitch.

He looks like he is playing a different game. Just blundering around fouling people. I reckon if I pulled on the shirt that’s exactly how I’d play

I dont know what I hated more. Charlie Adam playing at a Subday league pace or our commentators saying "Good experienced head, they'll want him on the ball whenever possible" when he came on.

Sorry Gomes, but the entire fanbase watching could see we looked tired. Bringing in Adam was a poor call. Genuinely reckon an out of position Barrett would have offered more.

I'm worried for our next game. We looked exhausted for the last 10.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Aug 2019 22:02

NewCorkSeth Charlie Adam is a curse. We have played badly every minute he has been on the pitch.

Good result though. Joao made a huge difference.

Well the guy is morbidly obese. Not usually inducive of being a top class midfielder.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Aug 2019 22:03

Hound

He looks like he is playing a different game. Just blundering around fouling people. I reckon if I pulled on the shirt that’s exactly how I’d play

Charlie Adam, tonight

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Aug 2019 22:03

Pepe the Horseman
Hound

Charlie Adam, tonight

:lol: :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2019 22:05

NewCorkSeth
Hound

I dont know what I hated more. Charlie Adam playing at a Subday league pace or our commentators saying "Good experienced head, they'll want him on the ball whenever possible" when he came on.

Sorry Gomes, but the entire fanbase watching could see we looked tired. Bringing in Adam was a poor call. Genuinely reckon an out of position Barrett would have offered more.

I'm worried for our next game. We looked exhausted for the last 10.

Huddersfield will be down in the dumps. Start well and they’ll struggle. They’ve also played tonight

Hopefully Meite will be fit.

Would definitely give the first 11 a break for Plymouth. Plenty of depth to give a game to

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Aug 2019 22:05

Ejaria mistake was all Charlie Adam's fault.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 21 Aug 2019 22:06

Jagermesiter1871

Good result though. Joao made a huge difference.

Well the guy is morbidly obese. Not usually inducive of being a top class midfielder.

I'm not sure what the point of Charlie Adam is anymore. He was brought in under the pretense that we had no money and then suddenly we binged. If we had no embargo all summer I don't think he'd be here

He did do one thing right tonight, when he sacked the West Brom midfielder to stop their last attack.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 21 Aug 2019 22:07

sandman Ejaria mistake was all Charlie Adam's fault.

How about don't go knees to the ground when directly behind a player in the penalty box. Did the spirit of Charlie Adam possess him to do that?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Aug 2019 22:07

We're 15th. I'm dizzy.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2019 22:11

A recurring theme on a West Brom messageboard is how well we defended. We need to go to Huddersfield and win. Bring Joao back in for Boye but the rest need to remain unchanged. Rest the lot of them against Plymouth and play the young ones.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Aug 2019 22:11

windermereROYAL
Avon Royal That feels like a defeat.

Ejaria with a great goal but an unforgivable lunge to give away the pen. Lucky to get a point in the end.

Take a fukking look at yourself, would have taken your hand off for a point at 8.00

I bet the players would have taken a draw at kick off, but I bet they felt pretty pissed off in the dressing room after the game.

Likewise, I bet the West Brom players were expecting to win before the game, but went in pretty upbeat at full time.

Good result, bad finish to the game, very promising signs for the season ahead.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2019 22:11

genome We're 15th. I'm dizzy.

Dizzy and also still a little stunned that we are good to watch again for the first time for years

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Aug 2019 22:11

sandman Ejaria mistake was all Charlie Adam's fault.

To be clear I'm not saying anything like that. I'm not looking for an escapegoat. Ejaria made a very stupid error. That's on him.

Adam just looked poor. Couldn't shift himself around the pitch at all. We needed to soak up the pressure and instead we gave them space when they broke. Hes not up to it anymore.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2019 22:16

Highlights showing on Sky

Ejaria’s a lovely finish but not quite sure what the keeper was up to

Definite Pen. Ejaria hesitates, doesn’t track the run properly and he gets in behind him. Putting it down to tiredness and maybe a lack of concentration- he has to track the run

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Aug 2019 22:19

Zip A recurring theme on a West Brom messageboard is how well we defended. We need to go to Huddersfield and win. Bring Joao back in for Boye but the rest need to remain unchanged. Rest the lot of them against Plymouth and play the young ones.

Would happily go there and get a draw. Don't think any draw away from home in the Championship is a bad result. They are in poor form but are long overdue a win so I'd hate us to go up there expecting to just turn them over.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Aug 2019 22:20

Notts Royal
Woodcote Royal
Notts Royal I reckon (and I hope) Gomes will drop out either Swift or Ejaria for Rinomhota to be slightly more defensive tonight.

As long as Rino is used regularly enough throughout the season, I’m happy! Too much of a talent to not be utilised

Not a chance unless he thinks we need fresh legs after outstanding performances from both of them against Cardiff, including doing their share of breaking up attacks in midfield. He's playing 3 at the back partly to give his creative midfield the confidence to play their natural game and long may it continue.

Let’s give it a few weeks - I’m basing my opinion on the consistency Rino brings...how often has he had a bad game? Pele has had 1 great game, Swift has been inconsistent until now. Hopefully all 4 of the options will be consistently great...but evidence so far suggests not

Give it as long as you like but there was more chance of hell freezing over than Ejaria or Swift getting dropped tonight and this match has only cemented their places in Gomes midfield despite the former conceding a penalty having got himself on the score sheet. I see Rino getting a game in place of Pele but not ahead these 2 on current form.

246 posts