MATCHWATCH : Plymouth Argyle (a) sponsored by Glen Little

178 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Plymouth Argyle (a) sponsored by Glen Little

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2019 18:58

Mass changes.

Plymouth Argyle: Cooper, Wootton, Canavan, Edwards (c), Taylor, Mayor, Baxter, McFadzean, Moore, Grant, Rudden.
Subs: Palmer, Sawyer, Aimson, Grant, Lolos, Randell, Fletcher.

Reading: Walker, Howe, Osho, Odimayo, Obita (c), Rinomhota, Adam, Barrett, Olise, Loader, Méïté.
Subs: Virgínia, Morrison, Baldock, Boyé, Medford-Smith, Nevers, Coleman.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 19:00

Simon's Church Wonder if east and frost are off in the next couple of days along with novakovich then.

Novakovich must be going in this window. I really can’t blame him. A real shame because I thought he was doing pretty well during pre season games.
Team selection seems sensible with first choice players rested. Delighted Obita captains the side. It’s almost two years since that agonising injury against Hull. Fingers crossed for him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2019 19:01

Guessing East etc are indeed off

Debut for Odimayo, good luck to him. Possibly a couple of more debuts from the bench

Chuffed for Obita - really hope that knee holds out

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2019 19:02

Nova is in talks with Zwolle over a loan move (or permanent)

Only 3 players tonight who played at Huddersfield...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Aug 2019 19:04

Delighted with that line up. Well done Gomes. Feck the cup, let's smash Charlton.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 19:06

Sutekh Mass changes.

Plymouth Argyle: Cooper, Wootton, Canavan, Edwards (c), Taylor, Mayor, Baxter, McFadzean, Moore, Grant, Rudden.
Subs: Palmer, Sawyer, Aimson, Grant, Lolos, Randell, Fletcher.

Reading: Walker, Howe, Osho, Odimayo, Obita (c), Rinomhota, Adam, Barrett, Olise, Loader, Méïté.
Subs: Virgínia, Morrison, Baldock, Boyé, Medford-Smith, Nevers, Coleman.

So it looks like a back four with Osho and Odimayo as centre backs and Howe and Obita at full back. . Adam presumably CDM. Rinomhota central midfield. Barrett and Olise playing wide? Loader ACM? Meite up top?

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 27 Aug 2019 19:10

Nameless
Aeroguide
10539.4 Miles Away
Over from the states to watch Reading v Plymouth in the league cup 2nd round. Thats dedication mate, enjoy the game!

Started in in the West Country with the wife and kids...
plymouth first, followed by Charlton at the MadHouse Hotel
Then going up to the Middlesborough game.
Back to the MadHouse Hotel for the Blackburn game
Then to Wales for the Swansea game
Finally back to the Madhouse hotel for the Fulham game

Flying home on the 4th Oct

And what was your wife’s reaction when you suggested this itinerary for your dream holiday ?

Wife and Kids have never been to England before. We are doing all the sightseeing as well as taking in the football matches and the kids ( 1 Son, 2 daughters) have been bought up to be Reading fans...from a long distance. The Wife wanted to take in English culture..see where the Mayflower set sail from, go to English pubs, see Castles, quaint towns and villages...We have been here for 4 days now. My eldest daughter
is putting together a video of her whole experience which she wants to put on youtube. To put it bluntly the wife an kids are loving being in England. Anyway been told (by the wife) we have to leave for the game! Predictions....Wife...Plymouth 0 Royals (She loves that name!) 3
Son..Plymouth 1 Royals 3 ( looking forward to seeing Loader)...Eldest daughter.Plymouth 0 Royals 1, youngest daughter Plymouth 1 Royals 2
Daughters Reading shirts for the next matches....
My son wears my old Elm Park AutoTraders shirt...even though it's to big for him....

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Aug 2019 19:12

Hard to see us getting anything from this game now.

Very happy if I'm wrong.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Aug 2019 19:13

Aeroguide
Nameless
Aeroguide

And what was your wife’s reaction when you suggested this itinerary for your dream holiday ?

Wife and Kids have never been to England before. We are doing all the sightseeing as well as taking in the football matches and the kids ( 1 Son, 2 daughters) have been bought up to be Reading fans...from a long distance. The Wife wanted to take in English culture..see where the Mayflower set sail from, go to English pubs, see Castles, quaint towns and villages...We have been here for 4 days now. My eldest daughter
is putting together a video of her whole experience which she wants to put on youtube. To put it bluntly the wife an kids are loving being in England. Anyway been told (by the wife) we have to leave for the game! Predictions....Wife...Plymouth 0 Royals (She loves that name!) 3
Son..Plymouth 1 Royals 3 ( looking forward to seeing Loader)...Eldest daughter.Plymouth 0 Royals 1, youngest daughter Plymouth 1 Royals 2
My son wears my old Elm Park AutoTraders shirt...even though it's to big for him....

God bless you sir.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 27 Aug 2019 19:15

NewCorkSeth
Aeroguide
Nameless

God bless you sir.

+1. Btw if you have missed Seahawk’s travelogue, do take time to read it, please.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 19:17

Aeroguide
10539.4 Miles Away
Aeroguide Thanks Sutekh...your a life saver!!!...going to the game?

Over from the states to watch Reading v Plymouth in the league cup 2nd round. Thats dedication mate, enjoy the game!

Lovely stuff. Enjoy your stay. You have been very lucky with the weather so far.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Aug 2019 19:18

Aeroguide
Nameless
Aeroguide

Have a great time .. enjoy

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2019 19:35

From 3M to 3O at the back.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 27 Aug 2019 19:37

If they come out at us, we could get hammered tonight.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2019 19:41

Oilroyal
Aeroguide
Nameless

Have a great time .. enjoy

+1 Hope they put in some good and entertaining performances for you

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Aug 2019 19:43

Baldock can't even get into this team ...

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 27 Aug 2019 19:49

Never mind 3M or 3O, starting from the goalie it is the rather apt WHOOO?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Aug 2019 19:58

Aeroguide
Nameless
Aeroguide

I hope you all have a tremendous time ....
Great to have fans like you around !

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Aug 2019 20:03

NewCorkSeth Delighted with that line up. Well done Gomes. Feck the cup, let's smash Charlton.

+1

Unlike others I never had a problem with Steve Coppell's approach to cup games. We have bigger fish to fry and these players need 1st team football.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 27 Aug 2019 20:05

Aeroguide
Nameless
Aeroguide

Hey AG: I visited and went to a match back in 2010. Will be interested in tips with managing a trip of that duration. Definitely jealous!

178 posts