BFTG Huddersfield Away

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Huddersfield Away

by Millsy » 27 Aug 2019 12:44

Yes for sure they'll be worrying about us. I'd be worried about playing us.

We have some outstanding players and teams will be working hard to keep Puscas, Joao, Ejaria, quiet. I suspect we'll get goals from other places as a result of players being freed up.

We really are looking very dangerous now.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Aug 2019 12:59

Quite

Have to wonder if some might be reassessing their view that Ejaria was the lesser of last season's Famous Five loanees and, as for him being dropped for Rino, LMFAO!!! I hope the latter gets a start soon (tonight, surely?) but, barring injury or fatigue, arguably the best bit of business in our history starts!!

My guess is, by the time we stump up the agreed £3m, he'll be worth £10m.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Aug 2019 13:17

Just need to trust that the club has a watertight obligation to buy at the end of the loan. We’ve been left wondering before as the player disappears back to the parent club.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Aug 2019 13:21

You would hope so as that appears to have been the deal maker after they tried to sell him to Brentford amongst others.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2019 13:22

Woodcote Royal Quite

Have to wonder if some might be reassessing their view that Ejaria was the lesser of last season's Famous Five loanees and, as for him being dropped for Rino, LMFAO!!! I hope the latter gets a start soon (tonight, surely?) but, barring injury or fatigue, arguably the best bit of business in our history starts!!

My guess is, by the time we stump up the agreed £3m, he'll be worth £10m.

He has certainly started the season as a pivotal figure in the side. Last year, you could see the talent, but he drifted out of matches. He looks the absolute business so far this year, and has absolutely everything in his game. His all round stats are better in nearly every aspect so far. Him and Swift have massively impressed me so far.

Rino isn't quite right for this set up. He does the basics well, but he isn't going to unlock a defence very often. If you Swift of Ejaria out for him, you are immediately losing a whole stack of creativity. With the system we have, we are relying on Swift/Ejaria to create the chances. In fact, I'd probably bring in Barrett or Olise for one of those 2 if they got injured rather than Rino.

Longer term, you could see him coming back in for Pele, but so far Pele has played well and given the base for JS/OE to create. Rino could do that, but I see Pele as the better option at the moment

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Aug 2019 13:32

Agree with all of the above and while having sympathy for Rino, as you say, he only fits the Pele role but not as well as the man himself.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2019 14:47

Oilroyal Just need to trust that the club has a watertight obligation to buy at the end of the loan. We’ve been left wondering before as the player disappears back to the parent club.

We really don't need to worry about the deal - it is all agreed.

As per: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... -confirmed

Ovie Ejaria has today completed a season-long loan switch to Championship side Reading with an agreement for the move to become permanent next summer.

The midfielder returns to the club having made 16 appearances during a loan spell in the second half of 2018-19 and will seal a transfer to the Royals on July 1, 2020.

Ejaria quickly rose through the ranks from joining the Reds in 2014 and was given his debut by Jürgen Klopp in a League Cup tie against Derby County in September 2016.

He went on to play seven more games for Liverpool that term – including two in the Premier League – before gaining experience on loan at Sunderland and then under Steven Gerrard at Rangers.

Ejaria will now take the next step in his career with Reading after agreeing a move to Jose Gomes’ side on transfer deadline day that will become permanent next year.

Pretty crystal clear from the Liverpool side there.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Aug 2019 15:01

Oilroyal Just need to trust that the club has a watertight obligation to buy at the end of the loan. We’ve been left wondering before as the player disappears back to the parent club.

I believe current EFL. Rules require a ‘loan with option to buy’ have to be backed up with contracts between clubs and players.
Bit of a gamble as the player could get a serious injury or completely lose form but likewise if things carry on as they are Liverpool will be missing out on a lot of cash.
You would assume they have a hefty sell on clause.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Aug 2019 15:11

Thanks lads, crystal clear :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Aug 2019 15:54

I'm actually beginning to worry about Inspector Gadget getting injured. What will we be like without him?

First I worried about our formation being found out, now I'm just worried about him.

We can't rely too much on one player! I guess we have a few other decent players, but this boy is something else...

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Aug 2019 09:56

Bigtimmeh Reading are now 7/1 on coral for promotion...

66/1 with Paddy Power today.

They were 100/1 prior to the Cardiff game.

Was well worth a cheeky £5 e/w (Paddy Power pay out only on the 1-2-3 for each way).

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Aug 2019 10:30

Mr Angry

Was well worth a cheeky £5 e/w (Paddy Power pay out only on the 1-2-3 for each way).

Are you sure the PP odds are not to win the league? B365 have us 16/1 for promotion and 40/1 to win the league.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 28 Aug 2019 15:01

BetVictor: 7/4 to finish top half. Buying money?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Aug 2019 16:06

SpaghettiHoop BetVictor: 7/4 to finish top half. Buying money?

Those are INCREDIBLE odds

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Aug 2019 16:28

Hendo
Mr Angry

Are you sure the PP odds are not to win the league? B365 have us 16/1 for promotion and 40/1 to win the league.

My mistake; yep, to win the League.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Aug 2019 16:35

Snowball
SpaghettiHoop BetVictor: 7/4 to finish top half. Buying money?

Those are INCREDIBLE odds

I jumped in at 3/1 after the Cardiff result. 8)