BFTG - Charlton

180 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Charlton

by Notts Royal » 31 Aug 2019 23:29

Zip
NR_Royal I felt that had we scored that game would have been ours, I wasn't happy with the substitions as it just felt like we lost our shape and Meite was so desperate to score from RWB it was just too predictable.

Would have preferred to swap Puscas for Rinomhota and gain some solidity through the middle but would have been unpopular given we were a goal down. We can't expect Ejaria to play with this much energy all season either!

We miss Rinomhota’s drive and energy. He really needs to start against Boro

Exactly - what’s the bloke done to deserve being dropped? Nothing. Player of the year last season should be starting at least every other game

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Aug 2019 23:43

Zip
windermereROYAL So let me get this straight, Puscas hits the bar, fires wide, and gets through on a one 2 one forcing the keeper to make a good save, and is being branded has dreadful, while Joao does the sum total of fukk all and he`s being marked up higher that Puscas, what strange fans we have.

So let me get this straight. Puscas misses two sitters and does oxf*rd all in the rest of the game and you don’t get why he he gets branded as dreadful today. I’m not sure we are the strange ones here.

isn`t it stange how we all see things differently? when he hit the bar it was not a sitter, Joao never lifted a foot all day, Puscas got into the positions to miss the chances, but Joao is being marked above him, the whole bloody team were shit in the 2nd half but our record signing was the only dreadful one right?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Aug 2019 23:55

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL And the Charlton fans were different gravy, hardly heard a peep from 1871.

Really? Barely heard a peep from them until their goal. After that, yeah pretty class. But easy when you're winning.

Yeah that.

Bemused by the comments about their fans tbh.
Hardly made a sound till they scored.
At least from my seat

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Sep 2019 00:23

Second half the entire team gave up. Pathetic. Lazy passing and absolutely no energy or commitment.

Jaoa having had a decent first half frankly was a disgrace second half. Throwing his hands up every time a ball didn’t reach him, pointing the finger at his team mates and gave up after the about 55 minutes .

Think he’s a cnut.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Sep 2019 02:43

leon Second half the entire team gave up. Pathetic. Lazy passing and absolutely no energy or commitment.

Jaoa having had a decent first half frankly was a disgrace second half. Throwing his hands up every time a ball didn’t reach him, pointing the finger at his team mates and gave up after the about 55 minutes .

Think he’s a cnut.

It's Joao, also really super negative opinion to form of our player after, from your comment, a bad half of football.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 01 Sep 2019 04:54

I agree with 1871 but they were completely outsung today. Just jumping up and down and clapping. oxf*rd pathetic.

We were outplayed in the 2nd half by a better team and a better manager. Lee bowyer is going places. He is an absolutely brilliant manager and I wish him the best.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Sep 2019 09:02

windermereROYAL
Zip
windermereROYAL So let me get this straight, Puscas hits the bar, fires wide, and gets through on a one 2 one forcing the keeper to make a good save, and is being branded has dreadful, while Joao does the sum total of fukk all and he`s being marked up higher that Puscas, what strange fans we have.

So let me get this straight. Puscas misses two sitters and does oxf*rd all in the rest of the game and you don’t get why he he gets branded as dreadful today. I’m not sure we are the strange ones here.

isn`t it stange how we all see things differently? when he hit the bar it was not a sitter, Joao never lifted a foot all day, Puscas got into the positions to miss the chances, but Joao is being marked above him, the whole bloody team were shit in the 2nd half but our record signing was the only dreadful one right?

I gave Joao a 4. He was very poor too in the second half but he offered a presence in the first half and held the ball up well. He also won some headers. Had the roles been reversed and he missed the chances Puscas had he would have had a 3.
What did Puscas offer yesterday? I thought he was very sluggish. His work rate v Cardiff was excellent. I didn’t see that from him yesterday.
It’s very early for him though. He is learning about this League. He showed huge potential against Cardiff. So we have to expect bad days. Yesterday was a bad day.

What concerned me was as soon as Charlton scored there was an immediate collective loss of confidence throughout the entire team. It was only one nil but it really felt like game over. That’s the impression I felt from the players. There was a real fragility evident. In contrast the Charlton players confidence grew enormously. Going forward that is something Gomes needs to improve. Our record in recent years is awful when we fall behind. The mentality needs to be tougher.

Still it’s early on. We could still have a very positive season. We have a talented squad. I must admit though at getting a bit carried away. I thought we would win very comfortably yesterday and dismissed Charlton. They have some very good players. It’s the beauty of the Championship. There are precious few comfortable wins at this level.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Sep 2019 09:04

I find it amusing that impressive performances against WBA, Cardiff and Huddersfield have been completely outweighed in many people’s minds by one poor half against Charlton.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Sep 2019 09:08

Royal Rother I find it amusing that impressive performances against WBA, Cardiff and Huddersfield have been completely outweighed in many people’s minds by one poor half against Charlton.

Nope. I don’t think that’s the case. Surely the team should be praised when they play well and criticised when they play poorly?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2019 09:21

In 12 halves of football this season we have had 4. bad ones, 2 vs Wednesday 1 vs Hull and yesterday. can`t see the reason for it, the first game was maybe understandable but leaving the dressing room with a negative mindset goes back to the Clement days.

Gomes is not beyond criticism, those substitutions were truly weird, but we were poor before they happened. a game lasts for 90 minutes not 45, and they need that drummed into them,

We have another 2 very difficult away games coming up after the break, this could make the Blackburn game huge.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Sep 2019 09:26

Royal Rother I find it amusing that impressive performances against WBA, Cardiff and Huddersfield have been completely outweighed in many people’s minds by one poor half against Charlton.

Were you at Huddersfield?

Good result - yes. Impressive performance? Absolutely fcuking not.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Sep 2019 09:27

windermereROYAL In 12 halves of football this season we have had 4. bad ones, 2 vs Wednesday 1 vs Hull and yesterday. can`t see the reason for it, the first game was maybe understandable but leaving the dressing room with a negative mindset goes back to the Clement days.

Gomes is not beyond criticism, those substitutions were truly weird, but we were poor before they happened. a game lasts for 90 minutes not 45, and they need that drummed into them,

We have another 2 very difficult away games coming up after the break, this could make the Blackburn game huge.

Huddersfield first half was excellent you’re right. :|

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Sep 2019 09:32

CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL In 12 halves of football this season we have had 4. bad ones, 2 vs Wednesday 1 vs Hull and yesterday. can`t see the reason for it, the first game was maybe understandable but leaving the dressing room with a negative mindset goes back to the Clement days.

Huddersfield first half was excellent you’re right. :|

Forgot that one.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2019 09:37

Just daw Charlton have the lowest total shots of any team so far with 50. They're really rope-a-doping teams.

My post match thoughts are not exactly original. First half we looked a good team playing at half pace at times (like we expected to win) and second half we looked frustrated and sloppy. Usually I would expect Ejaria and Swift to deal well with a high intensity pressing game like Charltons but they struggled and, imo, all 3 of our CBs struggled with Moore having the most obvious bad game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Sep 2019 09:48

Can someone clarify something for me. In the second half there were two goals, six substitutions and stoppages for treatment to Charlton players. Five minutes injury time were added.
So presumably when the ref blows up for a free kick he doesn’t add any time on for the subsequent age it can take before the free kick is struck. There were times in the second half when it took forever for the free kick to be taken.

I would much prefer to see the clock stopped when a goal is scored, sub made, treatment for a player or when a free kick is awarded. It works well in rugby. The number of minutes injury time seems so variable these days.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Sep 2019 09:49

Zip

Nope. I don’t think that’s the case. Surely the team should be praised when they play well and criticised when they play poorly?

Of course, I haven’t suggested otherwise.

I’m talking about the fans’ views of the potential for this season. On the back of recent performances, justifiably, at 3pm yesterday the outlook was brilliant, at 3.45pm nothing much had changed, at 5pm it was doom and gloom.

Fickle fans, perspective and all that....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Sep 2019 09:53

Royal Rother
Zip

Of course, I haven’t suggested otherwise.

I’m talking about the fans’ views of the potential for this season. On the back of recent performances, justifiably, at 3pm yesterday the outlook was brilliant, at 3.45pm nothing much had changed, at 5pm it was doom and gloom.

Fickle fans, perspective and all that....

I see this season very differently to last. We had two points at this stage last year and it was obvious we were in for a relegation battle. This Season? Who knows? We could push for the play offs, settle around mid table or struggle.
Yesterday was just one game after a very good run. The lack of mental toughness when we go behind is a concern though.

Personally I reckon we will finish around mid table. We have enough quality to avoid being dragged into a relegation battle but still have a way to go to compete with the better sides.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 01 Sep 2019 09:54

Do you go games or just listen on the radio?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2019 09:59

Zip
windermereROYAL
Zip

I gave Joao a 4. He was very poor too in the second half but he offered a presence in the first half and held the ball up well. He also won some headers. Had the roles been reversed and he missed the chances Puscas had he would have had a 3.
What did Puscas offer yesterday? I thought he was very sluggish. His work rate v Cardiff was excellent. I didn’t see that from him yesterday.
It’s very early for him though. He is learning about this League. He showed huge potential against Cardiff. So we have to expect bad days. Yesterday was a bad day.

What concerned me was as soon as Charlton scored there was an immediate collective loss of confidence throughout the entire team. It was only one nil but it really felt like game over. That’s the impression I felt from the players. There was a real fragility evident. In contrast the Charlton players confidence grew enormously. Going forward that is something Gomes needs to improve. Our record in recent years is awful when we fall behind. The mentality needs to be tougher.

Still it’s early on. We could still have a very positive season. We have a talented squad. I must admit though at getting a bit carried away. I thought we would win very comfortably yesterday and dismissed Charlton. They have some very good players. It’s the beauty of the Championship. There are precious few comfortable wins at this level.

Joao played pretty much the same all game. Puscas got into the position to score goals, not a great performance, but given Joao was slouching about not pulling his weight and going missing, he didn't have much to work with. Yes, he probably should have scored, though the bar one was far from easy. But he certainly wasn't awful.

Plus Puscas is still young and new to the league.

Joao needs to get his bloody head up, up his energy levels and be positive.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Sep 2019 10:02

StellaPlease I agree with 1871 but they were completely outsung today. Just jumping up and down and clapping. oxf*rd pathetic.

We were outplayed in the 2nd half by a better team and a better manager. Lee bowyer is going places. He is an absolutely brilliant manager and I wish him the best.

I have to say he got it spot on. They kept their shape superbly. Charlton were excellent in the second half. They took control right from the start.

180 posts